#21 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

• From dev comments on the forums and devblogs, I've come to understand that there will be some key differences in the way merc corps will be able to manage themselves as opposed to how house troops will function. Can you elaborate on this a bit? e.g. What sorts of tools will merc commanders have available? How will contracts work (single objection or signing on for a longer duration "campaign" with a house?)
  • Will alternate ammunition like Inferno missiles be available for missile systems and autocannons?
  • From the released gameplay footage, and some PGI comments, it seems that SRMs in MWO are not going to be guided as they are in canon. When planned equipment (listed in Ask the Devs 1) like NARC Beacons, TAG, Artemis IV, etc. comes into the game, will SRMs be able to get any benefit from them?
  • How many cattle can a Catapult pult if you replace the LRM launchers with cargo pods?
  • What is your plan to balance DHS vs standard heat sinks, given that canonically DHS is better in just about every way, gives 10 free engine heat sinks (against all logic) and only costs 3x as much for 2x the cooling (and heat sinks are basically cheap anyway)? Or is it even a concern?

#22 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

View PostBigtimebatman, on 05 September 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

Hi yes will you be keeping to the old rules where you get punished or is it going to be a friendly enviroment because i really enjoyed it when they had punishments for your actions in the game also will you be installing a board to practice on or will we have to do like we always did and come up with our own practice skirmishes for example only so much of your mech can be showing when it come to poping around the building or your clan leader would take sum damage off your mech and you would still vrs your opponet

Did... did you just ask the devs for a board that your clan leader can use to practice punishing you with??? :rolleyes:

#23 MrLexx2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

Will there be support for the Oculus VR Headset in the future? It seems to me that such a feature (with 3d totally has to be in the game.

#24 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

Will there be any bonuses for Mech's with arms (actuators and all) and hands in standing up?

I'm curious how Jenner/Catapult/Stalker would even stand after getting knocked down, but I would see them as being the slowest in getting up, followed up by Mechs with arms but no hands, and with Mechs like the Atlas/Commando/Hunchback getting up the quickest thanks to their hands.

Edited by Monsoon, 07 September 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#25 Rasgueados

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hello there.

1. What are your plans regarding storytelling in MWO? Are we going to get a persistent world with features (in-game/menus/options etc) that compliment it, so that we are making our own stories in the midst of this war(s) and if so, what can you tells us about them? I (and others, there's a big thread about this, I am sure you have seen it) would love a universe where everything is player-driven, dictated by our actions, even the smallest of actions. May be even have a very detailed News interface that includes updates on what is happening in the world, from the players/mercs/houses/clans etc may be even have a reputation system, where you can make a name for yourself, due to your actions as a player/merc/house etc. The 2nd part turned into a suggestion, but I just had to include it in there.

2. Are there any plans for vehicles, Battle Armors etc?

3. Any plans for going underwater in maps that would allow it?

4. Regarding Founders having their names in credits, I am wondering, are you going to send us a notification/email asking us to send our names or so? I ask this as I recall reading that the names can read like the following; First name "Pilot Name" Last name and if so, then where are we supposed to write our first/last names?

5. Can you tell us anything about some other match types planned (aside from warfare)?

6. Regarding C3, are you integrating it in the game itself somehow or are we going to be using it in the same manner as we are now (like TS etc)

#26 Drakeblade

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationOver dur

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

Garth, do you see what I see?

#27 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

What can we expect from the Clan Invasion in game terms?

How will Salvaging parts work?

#28 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

How will the alliance between Lyran and FedSun be handled in community warfare, will units from both spheres be able to combine or officially work together?

We have 7ish years before the split to take advantage of this union (even if the union doesn't officially occur until 3055).

#29 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for your questions all, I'll get as many answered as I can!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users