9 replies to this topic

#1 SkyRatler

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

It was the basic drill for Joseph "Dingo" Staubach, Walk around this village in a 'mech, giving moral support to the townsfolk and protection from whoever might show up. "Dingo, This is Governor McTash, I want you to spread your patrol out 400 meters and scan using Thermal." "Thermal? In the desert? You can't be serious McTash." he replied. "I am serious, now get out there, I'm not paying you mercs for nothing." "Guess he's got his knickers in a twist today.." He said to himself. Following his orders, he moves out to 400 Meters and scans the area using thermal, Just like he suspected, a screen full of Hazy blues, Reds, Oranges. A Couple hours pass when his Com bursts out, "Dingo, We've gotten a blip on long range radar, One click north of what I'm setting as Nav Point Alpha on your radar, It's probably just another interference, Just like last time, but the boss want's it done." "You keep those C-bills rolling into my account and I'll walk wherever you need me.". Again, Following his orders, He walks out to Nav Alpha, turns off thermal and notices a blip on his radar, Moving fast and coming closer, he readies himself for the worst. He runs a quick diagnostic on his weapon systems and the 'mech replies with that familiar tone "Weapon Systems Nominal". As the blip becomes closer and closer, a Jet swoops past his cockpit, heading toward the village, It's clear that whoever this guy is, he's not here to make some friends. He's pelted by machine guns from the little pesk. He flies away towards the village as Dingo get's a lock on him, firing off a volley of his LRM 10, Quickly destroying the fighter. He notices two more blimps and readies his weapons for more jets. But these were no jets, These were the dreaded clan 'mechs they've been hearing about all over the Inner Sphere, Wiping out entire battalions and claiming citizens as loot... coming through the dust storm, a Thor and an Uller comes running towards him. The Uller fires off his LBX AC/5, Damaging Dingo's right leg, and then fires off SRMs and his Large Laser, Damaging his leg even more. As he turns to face the Thor, He is greeted with a PPC to the left torso. He fires off his AC/10 and Medium lasers at both of the 'mechs in a desperate effort to try and protect the village. Damage Critical is blinking on his HUD, He's done minimal damage to the Thor and took out one of the Uller's legs. He reaches for his eject button as the Thor fires off another PPC blast, when the Thor is suddenly side swiped by a swarm of LRMs, Dingo looks to his left and see's a familiar sight, 2 Catapaults firing off their LRMs, Just behind the Thor he can see two more Thors along with a Daishi, about 1400 Meters away, He blasts away at the Thor in front of him, taking him out quickly with an AC/10 round to the cockpit. "Dingo, This is Bravo Lance leader, Need a hand here?" "I sure do!" he replies. Firing off everything he as on the Thor to the left, He glances over at the Catapaults and sees a Warhammer and a Shadow Hawk come over the hill top and start blasting away at the nearest 'mech. The Daishi is coming right after Dingo, firing every he has at him, The Warhammer finishes off the Thor flanking to the left and the Uller lying on the ground. The shadow hawk comes in from the right as the two Catapaults quickly take out the Thor flanking right and side swipes the Daishi full speed,Severely damaging the Daishis left arm. Dingo and the Shadow Hawk blast away at the Daishi's Legs, Pretty soon the Warhammer and the Catapaults join in too and quickly dispatch the Clanner. The storm cloud clears and they see a Dropship, Doors opening up and Clanners marching out of it like wound up toy soldiers. Dingo looks behind him and see's two other lances of 'mechs. As they stand on either side of the desert valley, Both sides stand, waiting for the other to make a move. His com screeches, "Freebirth warriors, You fight without honor, you are barbarians, and will be treated as such." "Try me." Dingo replies over the Com. "Pah, To the death then.". "If that's your wish, so be it.". The two sides clash together, and Joseph writes down on paper what he saw from his ejection pod, as he floated gracefully down to the surface. He writes, I've never seen something more horrifying yet beautiful in my entire life, Lasers, Missiles, Auto cannons, Machine Guns, blasting away at each other in this horrific ballet of gnawed metal and broken scrap. I don't care who wins this war, As long as I get paid.

#2 SkyRatler

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

Brownie points if you can guess Dingo's 'mech.

#3 CaptianViolence

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

centurion.....

#4 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

May I offer some friendly advice? Break up the big block of text. Make it a few separate paragraphs at the least.

#5 SkyRatler

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

@ CaptainViolence, Congrats, You have earned 60 brownie points, @Demona, Okay, I'll try that with my next one, Thanks for the feedback.

#6 CaptianViolence

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

View PostSkyRatler, on 11 September 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

@ CaptainViolence, Congrats, You have earned 60 brownie points, @Demona, Okay, I'll try that with my next one, Thanks for the feedback.

woohoo how many brownies does 60 brownie points get?

#7 SkyRatler

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

View PostCaptianViolence, on 16 September 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

woohoo how many brownies does 60 brownie points get?

About 1 1/2.

#8 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

dont mind me, just on pa-troll.

#9 SkyRatler

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostSkadi, on 19 September 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

dont mind me, just on pa-troll.

Keep on Pa-Trolling Brutha!

#10 SkyRatler

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

More stories soon to come! Keep an eye out!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users