Any MWLL players?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Petroff Northrup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

I was wondering if any other planned Liao players play much MWLL, as it seems likely to be much closer to what MWO will be than MW4 i was wondering is anyone would be up for learning more about our compatriots through combat.

#2 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

Not a Liao, but I can tell you MWLL is worth looking at. Tons of fun!!

#3 Petroff Northrup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

Indeed, i play every so often, I am really good early game but I am just not much of an assault slugger or long range boater so i fall off later game usually unless the map provides me chances to do stuff like use the fafnir with 4 LBX20s

#4 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

MWLL is quite nice overall, but there are some very annoying things: radar, unable to detect mechs in passive mode within 200m, 2m height elementals with small laser doing more dps than mech's large laser, targeting by torso twist only (MW4-like), almost useless LRM and SRM, AC20 rounds travelling slower than snowball... But it's still playable and fun, even with all of these things. Lot of mechs, well-balanced maps, combined arms: ASFs, VTOLs, tanks, hovercraft lolboats. I'd say it will remain playable even after MWO release, cause it will be mech-only.

#5 VeiledMalice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

Not being able to detect mechs in passive mode is actually variable. Depending on what kind of ECM suite they have, yes, it's tough to detect them until you're damn near nose to nose with another mech. What becomes even funnier is when several mechs are under the same "umbrella" of an Active ECM and you can't detect any of them by radar. Until, say, you run out in front of a Loki and two Fafnirs... >_>

Then there is pain. And fire. Lots of fire.

#6 Lima Zulu

• 1,971 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:52 AM

Good lord, when I see this bulky 60-80 ton piece of iron so close in front of me to hit even with small laser but still can't target it... No, I just can't believe... That's why I wait MWO with all these IR-vision, UAV and Magnetic detectors...

#7 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

Don't you think there needs to be a drawback to being hardly detectable?
btw, you can find a table for detectionranges in the wiki: http://wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=Radar

#8 Lima Zulu

• 1,971 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:39 AM

View PostSesambrot, on 21 February 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

Don't you think there needs to be a drawback to being hardly detectable?
btw, you can find a table for detectionranges in the wiki: http://wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=Radar

Well, it's not only about radar... I've seen table and I agree that passive radar shouldn't be an ultimate detection tool, but 200-300 is a quite shord range for mechs and it's hard to believe that combat machines has absolutely nothing (except radars and pilot's eyes) to detect massive enemy in so small range. I mean, c'mon, it's at least 20 ton bipedal thing - even ground will quake when it walks somewhere close ;)

P.S.
But still I want thank you and other MWLL devs for great work. Some players always wil have concerns, but still it's a great deal to bring such a game to life.

#9 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:06 AM

You're welcome.
I know there are a couple of things that don't seem perfect/right atm, but it's still in beta and nothing is final yet.
But let's not derail the thread any further... ;)

#10 DaftVader

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationLondinium

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

I play at least once a week, I have been playing for a while now, and while there are a few niggles(its in beta so thats ok) it is more balanced for gameplay than realistic functions and as such does play abit more fluidly and in some cases more fairly.
if you got crysis warhead or some small change (less than £10) it is well worth it.

#11 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

Welcome to MWO ...Daft.

>salute<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users