Can we get Press and Talk

13 replies to this topic

#1 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

I think we need to communicate more than ever within each other cause MWO much different than any other Mechwarrior tittle.Setting up teamspeak servers wont be enough to cover randomly joined players that isnt a part of any group or clan and if rumors are true 12 vs 12 in mostly rural or urban battlefields without communicating would be so hard to organise.Typing is always a valid and solid option but these are mechs.Where are we gonna hide them while typing.* http://youtu.be/9mwJaQCf6to?t=1m21s * Sure, we'll hide this... giant gun

Can we get press and talk like *bad example counsterstrike 1.3* record and deliver sort of communicating or can we get VOIP in game and MUTE option*there is always one i....ot making fart noises over mic*.

I looked at FAQ and looked at developers notes but I didnt see anything about voice talking if I missed the info sorry about that

Edited by Bluey, 21 February 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#2 Phelan Adam Davion

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

I think for tactical information its better to use a chat-window... so you can read the mission`s plot if you missed some info or the amount of information is to big to notice and remember anything...

to control and coordinate 12 Battlemechs is not like coordinating just 12 men with a gun.... every Mechwarrior is a little Army.

Edited by Phelan Adam Davion, 21 February 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#3 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

I would hope that in-game Voice is supported (and if so, PRAY that Mute is as well).

I had made a suggestion a while back about there being 3 different "channels" one could enable/disable to hear from, but only 1 to select to broadcast (transmit) on.

Global (everyone hears it)
Team (just the team hears it)
Lance (just your lance hears it)

By default, your TX/RX is set to Lance, but you can enable Team/Global channels to listen on (RX) or select any single one to transmit (TX) on.

#4 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

Aegis you and I share ideals most of the time just saying

#5 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

I too hope to see voip in-game. I am not fond of the idea of a third party program running for the game. I would think in-game voice will be a feature, it makes sense and is a very strong addition to ANY game , be it an mmo or otherwise. A chat window would be a good thing to keep. And maybe if a mech takes enough damage/damage to the right area/s the voice could become disabled due to component failure from damage sustained, leaving only text between mechs, then perhaps ....nothing :P Just a thought as i was typing :)

#6 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostDirk Le Daring, on 21 February 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

I too hope to see voip in-game. I am not fond of the idea of a third party program running for the game. I would think in-game voice will be a feature, it makes sense and is a very strong addition to ANY game , be it an mmo or otherwise. A chat window would be a good thing to keep. And maybe if a mech takes enough damage/damage to the right area/s the voice could become disabled due to component failure from damage sustained, leaving only text between mechs, then perhaps ....nothing :P Just a thought as i was typing :)

Are you high nice dream land I want the name of stuff your smelling XD

#7 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

NGNG has a TS3 server setup for MWLL and MWO use.

I'd imagine that will fill up fast.

Find a group you enjoy playing with and setup your own server.

#8 Morashtak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

From Dev Blog 3 -

Command

It is important to note that radar/information sharing has a defined range. This means that a command player cannot simply stand at their original spawn location for the entirety of the match. They must keep moving in order to make sure all members of the team are within communications range (emphasis mine).

Sounds as tho' VoIP will be built in and highly encouraged to be used in game in order to simulate radio range and chatter. Or just could be for info sharing, which would be a shame.

Edited by Morashtak, 21 February 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#9 Dlardrageth

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

As long as a function for muting is implemented, I'm not worried. Without that I might have to consider to play the game without sound though. And no, that is not me being arrogant or something, that is the reality on the internets that you WILL at some point having someone in channel(s) that uses VoiP as a means for mental/bodily harm. :) Because he/she doesn't risk to get the face punched in like in real life. :P

Edited by Dlardrageth, 21 February 2012 - 11:38 PM.

#10 CPUuser123

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

Not interested. I would never turn on the in-game voice chat. Too many dissrespectful and immature people playing these days. Save the time and bandwidth and leave it out. I have a vent server ive been paying for for three years now just for myself and my buddies no matter what we do or play.

I think an in-game (information warfare ya?) voice commander is enough. Therefore, it will announce when a companion falls or whatnot. Although I also wouldnt mind playing the game in the dark either being a very important aspect of the game will be you and your teams responsiblity to manage information on the battlefield. Maybe even take it a bit further and allow a tech specialization to give a player the ability to jam the enemies radar and/or information relay's for a period of time.

Leave voicechat for guilds/people with third party programs.

#11 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

If you dont like it just hit the " mute " button, but dont limit options , you know the l33ts are gonna have their own but not everyone is gonna be ready like that.

and you may be playing with a team of folks you dont know.

dont limit stuff.

#12 Maverick Howell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 162 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

push to talk is a great idea and should be implemented if possable

#13 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostFinnMcKool, on 21 February 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

If you dont like it just hit the " mute " button, but dont limit options , you know the l33ts are gonna have their own but not everyone is gonna be ready like that.

and you may be playing with a team of folks you dont know.

dont limit stuff.

There is no such thing as L33t only degrees of money

#14 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

I would actually hope to get this, as in I can agree with Aegis's idea, of the three groups, as I can see myself making a last stand announcment on the global channel "This is Guardian Wolf of Wolf's Dragoons Alpha Regiment, HOORAHH!!" and then making my fateful charge to distract the enemy long enough to buy time for my lance mates to pull out.
Though honestly as a potential in game commander, I command from the front, and so being able to talk, and fight at the same time, is something that I value, so that I can lead my fellow pilots to victory. I am not like a lot of commanders I've seen, as unlike them, I don't take the safest assignment, as I count the men I command if not equal, then more valuable than myself. I always am on the most dangerous assignment, unless someone else can do it better. And being that I am a former Hell Jumper from past leagues, I am used to being in the ****, covered with it up over me by a couple feet. We have no place for doubt, no place for fear, as it is our duty to go feet first into hell, and make sure that we all make it back. No one deserves a command post that is going to take themselves out of the action, and just start handing out orders. I am a field commander, and that is what I do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users