3 replies to this topic

#1 ShoveI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

What are some soon to be released updates on hardware. I thought i heard something about some new video cards coming out soon.

#2 Vulpesveritas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

The AMD Radeon HD 7000 series graphics cards started to be released last month and will be released throughout this month. The Nvidea Kepler graphics cards are... MIA and not expected to even start to be released for at bare minimum a month.

#3 T0RC4ED

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:26 AM

Intel is fielding their new I7 3930K and 3960x CPUs... The 3930 looks like it will be the new kig of the $600 or less range. AMD has its 8 core FX-8150 thus far it looks like a bust competing in the same range as the Intel QX6800 from a couple years ago I noted this because I had one. AMD/ATI has released their new HD 7000 series as Vulpesveritas mentioned. This is notable because its a 28nm architecture vs Nvidia's GTX 580 running a 40nm architecture (The GTX 590 is basically 2 GPUs mashed onto 1 card this kind of card has always had problems in the past).
Im no fan boy, I generally stick to INTEL/Nvidia because they are the undisputed power houses when I build a system. I did use Athlon 64 and 64X2 back when they were king.
CPU chart for general guidelines http://www.tomshardw...ew-32378-5.html

Edited by T0RC4ED, 23 February 2012 - 07:28 AM.

#4 Vincent Vascaul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationEverett, Wa

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:48 AM

so far what we know about Nvidia is just hype and rumors, plus it would seem they are coersing some game designers to make AMD cards run worse so they can have Hardware Review guys work off of a "list" of approved games to make their cards look better. As for as procs goes intels Ivy bridge is on the horizon but should mainly be boosting the integrated graphics, and decreasing power consumption (al least thats what I have heard) On the bulldozer front new patches for Win 7 have come out giving it a performance boost (also that chart is a bit misleading, I tend not to trust toms hardware for much of anything.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users