Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

I thought ponies were furries...

#183 nektu

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

View PostRisky, on 23 June 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

What did I just read? o.o

Weeell, depends on how deep you want to get in there (I actually suggest you dont, it will preserve your believe in humanity).

Lets just say, if you have a little girl that is interested in ponys, pray that she never does a google search on MLP while alone. Yes, it is THAT bad.

If you go over to the pony thread (https://mwomercs.com.../page__st__4680) and wounder why all those ponies seem to point their butts into the camera - well, it is no coincidence.

View PostBluey, on 23 June 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

No HE IS AMAZINGLY impartial and no he never shown favourism.
and your prejudice speak for itself I like moderators they are cool

You were alluding to this, you basically said "dont write stuff we dont like, one of the mods is on our side"...

Speaks for itself, doesn't it?

View PostBluey, on 23 June 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

Im saying you shouldnt judge people upon what they like if you dont like game its fine go whine

wut

Edited by nektu, 23 June 2012 - 01:00 PM.

#184 PoPuP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 217 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

Spooky gets a Posted Image

#185 garreth

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

I think, this game is what you refer to. Or at least, very very close to the idea you refer to.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Critter-TEK

#186 Raavi

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

Yay! Furs!
Free hugs for everyfur. And no ponies :-D

#187 Risky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, Florida.

View PostClay Pigeon, on 23 June 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

Yes and no.

#188 Two Beans

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationDa Innur Speer

Here's my fursona.

Posted Image

rawr i'm an allosaur *kills a stegosaur and eats it*

#189 Risky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

View Postnektu, on 23 June 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

Weeell, depends on how deep you want to get in there (I actually suggest you dont, it will preserve your believe in humanity).

Lets just say, if you have a little girl that is interested in ponys, pray that she never does a google search on MLP while alone. Yes, it is THAT bad.

If you go over to the pony thread (https://mwomercs.com.../page__st__4680) and wounder why all those ponies seem to point their butts into the camera - well, it is no coincidence.

I'm on furaffinity, I've already seen the terrible things done by the pony fandom.

Edited by Risky, 23 June 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#190 Shaft McCavity

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hrm. Even though a dev may be a furry, would they really be comfortable with a magical anthropomorphic unicorn that travels various alternate realities into Battletech lore?

http://forums.furaff...ttletech-and-Me

Yeah, 2008, modified 2011. Old news, but... hey.

#191 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostClay Pigeon, on 23 June 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

Think of it as a square-rectangle thing.

Not all furries are bronies, but (technically) all bronies are at least a little furry (limited to cartoon ponies).

Edit: And like any fan, it goes between a normal light-hearted enjoyment of the show to people genetically modifying horses for pastel colors and cutie marks (not serious on the last one, but you get the idea).

Edited by wanderer, 23 June 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#192 BanditRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

Okay, hold on. I like how generally calm this thread has been but I have to say something here.

Why is this thread a thing?

Liking something, from anthropomorphic characters to my little ponies, should not define who you are. No "fandom" should define who you are, ever... but that's besides the point.

Why does liking anthropomorphic characters matter here? Why feel the need to tell others about it and try to seek out others that like it? This is like going to a Boston Red Socks themed bar during a boston red socks game and trying to find fellow self-identified NRA members to talk about firearms with, there is a time and a place and this is not it. It just makes you look obsessed.

There seems to be this longstanding fallacy that not talking about something wherever you go and being vocal about something you like is being "in the closet" about a certain thing, when that's just not the case. The people on these forums are more or less adults, if they find out you like furries they're probably not going to think less of you for it unless the way you introduce yourself to people is "Hello I am a furry named ____."

By self-identifying as a furry AND by mentioning it as one of the first things that you say about yourself to people, people immediately assume you're one of the absolute worst sorts of furries, the ones that come to mind when you say "Furry" to someone from outside the fandom. The people who act like children and dress up in cartoony outfits who then proceed to make complete fools of themselves while at the same time being creepily sexual about it.

Basically, it all boils down to this: Liking something that certain other people don't like is not an excuse to act like a child about things. Just be rational in general about things, and if it comes up sometime? People won't blink an eye because they'll know you well enough to know that you are not one of the terrible ones. It's not something that if you admit will instantly get you to lose friends. Making a thread like this though? Not a good way to meet people.

Now, if I met people through the FRR house forum, then hung out with them and exchanged recolored pictures of mechs and such with them for a while, then talked about favorite weapons and loadouts, then one of them googled me and found out I paid for my founder's pack by drawing sergals and rather explicit furry images for people? I don't think they'd care too much, because that's not what we're here about, we're here about mechs. Not furries, not ponies, but mechs. While you should never be ashamed of an interest you have, there's always a time and a place.

#193 nektu

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostBeakieHelmet, on 23 June 2012 - 01:15 PM, said:

Okay, hold on. I like how generally calm this thread has been but I have to say something here.

Why is this thread a thing?

Liking something, from anthropomorphic characters to my little ponies, should not define who you are. No "fandom" should define who you are, ever... but that's besides the point.

Why does liking anthropomorphic characters matter here? Why feel the need to tell others about it and try to seek out others that like it?

It's because mostly the broken people get sucked into **** like that - and they just start to base their entire identity on it to fill the void.

#194 Risky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

View PostBeakieHelmet, on 23 June 2012 - 01:15 PM, said:

Why does liking anthropomorphic characters matter here?

Because it's Jettisoned Communication. Anything goes.

#195 BanditRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostRisky, on 23 June 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

Because it's Jettisoned Communication. Anything goes.

I guess that's a fair point.

:-/

#196 phinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

>open furry thread
Posted Image

#197 Lightdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

it saddens me to see how much hate is spewing forth from the ignorant on this topic, furs are furs, **** are ****, you are who you are, why hate on or attack them for what they enjoy and makes them happy i guess i fail to understand. does knowing they are furs suddenly change your views of that person? try getting to know them better rather than posting hateful crap like "die in a fire" you may have more in common with them then you think

#198 Risky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostLightdragon, on 23 June 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

it saddens me to see how much hate is spewing forth from the ignorant on this topic, furs are furs, **** are ****, you are who you are, why hate on or attack them for what they enjoy and makes them happy i guess i fail to understand. does knowing they are furs suddenly change your views of that person? try getting to know them better rather than posting hateful crap like "die in a fire" you may have more in common with them then you think

Because trolls.

#199 Lorcan Lladd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

The people who come here to complain are making more posts than anyone else, it seems - they even dragged this into recent activity in the front page.
One must ask themselves, 'what the h­e­­l­l do these idiots want'?

Edited by Lorcan Lladd, 23 June 2012 - 03:38 PM.

#200 JoeKano

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostFoxFang, on 19 April 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Huh. In a completely Battletech related bit of trivia. CritterTek was made that combined the two ideas. (With an included dose of comedy) http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Critter-TEK

As soon as I saw this thread I thought about that. I have a copy round here somewhere, may have to break out little misses Teddy bear collection and have a round or two.

Lets face it if your checking this thread your a "lil curious" about the Furrie,if you know what I mean. :D

I can see Prince Hanse as a Fox Furry though, fits nicely. Kuritans would be scalies though, for the most part not so much furries.
Rasalhagues would be bears for sure. Steiners might be elephants ( I dont mean that insultingly Steiners, I just mean like trying to match personality) although you could look at breaking them up into three groups for the three main areas, Protectorate, Skye as separate Furs.

Marik would be Featheries ( ugh now i have Angry birds sporting Marik symbols in my head )

Liao im not sure which way to go either, could be scalies, Eastern dragon sort of Motif, or maybe Ninja Rabbits???

Periphery would be any sort of furry however likely missing an ear or a eye to represent being lower on the lostech tree.

Pirate units = Parrots with eye patches hehe

Clanners would be more uniform and a furry or plush version of their totems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users