Dropship costs and unit pay

4 replies to this topic

#1 Petroff Northrup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

A long time ago I managed to pull of a rather epic RP on a forum where each person ran their own little merc unit, i am thinking of doing such an RP here now but most of my old data was on my laptop, most of it is easy to find again except for a few things, the three main ones are dropship costs as I think they have been changed a few times, cost for hiring a dropship, and how much mercs usually get paid for things based partly on job such as armor or mech pilot and how good they were such as being green, veteran, or elite. I know these numbers are out there so i am wondering if anyone has them or can point me to the books with them.

#2 FACEman Peck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationB.F.E.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

I think that falls under the category of Cycle Expences, but that's just me.

#3 Mautty the Bobcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

Its a combination of Cycle and Drop expenses if you'd like to really go into it as far as MW4 was concerned. But, I think he's looking more for a real-time based expense example that's not based around cycles. Keep in mind he's implying that it would be for an RP, so even needing to figure out a cycle-based and drop-based expense is required.

#4 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

Out of my head, there's three books I'd look in for that info:
Field Manual: Mercenaries
Mercenary Supplemental I
Strategic Operations

If neither contains the info, you could always set the per cycle/drop cost to a percentage of the dropships price.

#5 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

Dropships and Jumpships lists almost anything you need to know about them... it may have something like that as well, been a while since i looked at that book

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users