Could you please tone down the Forum Autofilter a little?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

I know that the Autofilter is there to cut out any swear words or hate words towards other users... but the filter here is really taking a few things completely overboard.

For example the following 2 words;

****** (Weapon on a Mech which uses fire to cause slight damage and heat on your opponents = f.l.a.m.e.r)
**** (the action of using your teeth to cut/rip food = b.i.t.e )

There are deffinitely many more examples where words may be used out of context as part of an insult, but these are the ones which stood out the most to me in the past few days.

It would be nice to at least have the first word removed from the autofilter as it not only reffers to a person who writes infmamatory remarks in an online forum, but also has a direct link to the game which is being promoted on these very forums and reffers to a basic part of the Mech Warrior games.

#2 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

good to know.

#3 wolfpuppy

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

Isn't there a place to turn off the censorship in chat, or am I thinking of World of Tanks? Personally, I see nothing wrong with using certain words, as I refuse to empower any word over me, but, then, I am an ex-navy vet from the 'Nam, and it's how I talk, damnit!

#4 DerelictTomcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 245 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

There should be a way for adults to turn of this filter. Censorship and sheltering is really just frosting a ****. Can I say ****?

EDIT: I guess not... Ok like putting chocolate frosting on a dirty slimy rock!

Edited by DerelictTomcat, 11 November 2012 - 07:43 AM.

#5 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

I can understand your point of view Tom... but, remember what it says in the CoC...

The bottom line is that we want MechWarrior Online to be a fun and safe environment for all players. While playing on MechWarrior Online and posting on its forums, you will encounter thousands of other players who share different experiences and come from vastly different backgrounds. While certain language and images may not be offensive to you, consider the fact that that same language and images may have a completely different effect on someone else. We’ve done everything we can to make this a great environment – now it’s up to you!

And as Chris said... there is no way to turn the filter off on the Forums...

#6 Kauhava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

Why is Ji-had (*****) censored anyways? When did it become a swear word? Hell, we need it because it's part of the lore damnit.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users