2 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas Covenant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

This game is too good to be true.

Free To Play - Better Graphics than 4 - MASSIVE ONLINE MULTILAYER - even rumors that you can paint your mech.

I am some combination of misinformed and dreaming.

#2 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

that your certainly are wielder of the white gold

go here and read up

the multi player is not massive , this isnt WoW in mechs
it will play out alot more like the older games with single matches being played out all over
however the matches at tied together within a massive universe

and it will be glorious

#3 Mautty the Bobcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Most games with some sort of 'inclusive' multiplayer have for some reason bee deemed as 'massive' online multiplayer games. Not MMO, but MOMs. I take this to mean that while the games themselves are limited to x-number of people per match, it includes things like leveling, purchasing weapons, etc, such as the newer CoDs, many F2P shooters, and more. This is in contrast to games such as Counter Strike, where it is multiplayer, but does not contain any sort of leveling system, nor weapons purchasing or 'skills' that carry between games. Each game in CS is self contained and everything happens inside that one game.

In that respect, MWO is indeed a Massive Online Multiplayer game, as it will contain leveling or ranking, however they do it, purchasing of mechs/components that are used in multiple matches, not just that specific one, and of course we'll have a star map that will be influenced as well, lending another element of the massive online genre to the game.

So yes, while its not an MMO (doesn't have to be WoW...) where the world isn't constantly persistent with thousands of people in the same map together, it is massive, lots of people, online, over the internet, and multiplayer, to be played with others.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users