15 replies to this topic

#1 Warcrime

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Get it here already...the intel sounds great, the premis is great...and I look forward to smashing my son in my Atlas.

Its tough love.

Great community as well.

#2 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

Seyla

#3 Chill

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

Have fun with reading about it cause I think thats all were ever going to get to do. We still haven't seen so much as a single screenshot of the game.

#4 FinnMcKool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

Oh ye of little faith .

#5 Habokku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

View PostChill, on 24 February 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

Have fun with reading about it cause I think thats all were ever going to get to do. We still haven't seen so much as a single screenshot of the game.

Wow..

So you can't believe that the game is real and actually being created at present because they (the developers) are trying to make sure that WHEN (not if..) they show us something from in-game, while it's being played, it not only meets but exceeds our expectations?

Do you believe a credible, respected artist at his word when he says he's in the process of creating what he thinks is an amazing piece of art? Or do you say he's lying when he refuses to let you see it until it's at a point where you can appreciate the quality of that work and see it in a state that will let you understand how amazing the piece will be when it's completed?

Just saying; calm down and enjoy the ride. We'll see things we want to see in due course once they are in a state that they can be shared with us. If you don't like how they're operating, then take a hike and come back when the game releases. I for one won't miss your nay-saying at all personally.

Just my thoughts.

Edit: To the OP; Well said and welcome aboard! Enjoy the ride with the rest of us man. ;) Kudos for the tough love too, start 'em early! ;)

<S>

-Havoc
A.K.A. Habokku

Edited by Habokku, 25 February 2012 - 05:04 AM.

#6 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

They don't want to take my money yet. ;)

#7 ArchLurker Chad

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

GDC draws near... have patience ;)

#8 Drazek Red Beard

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:33 AM

It is unsettling that there hasn't been a single screenshot. I think this fan base deserves more than "faith" to hang on to considering what we have been through the years. I've been skeptical ever since i found out about this game.

I let my hopes die a long time ago for a good mechwarrior game to come out. I'm gonna need to see proof before I trust again.

#9 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:38 AM

View PostHabokku, on 24 February 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

Wow..

So you can't believe that the game is real and actually being created at present because they (the developers) are trying to make sure that WHEN (not if..) they show us something from in-game, while it's being played, it not only meets but exceeds our expectations?

Do you believe a credible, respected artist at his word when he says he's in the process of creating what he thinks is an amazing piece of art? Or do you say he's lying when he refuses to let you see it until it's at a point where you can appreciate the quality of that work and see it in a state that will let you understand how amazing the piece will be when it's completed?

Just saying; calm down and enjoy the ride. We'll see things we want to see in due course once they are in a state that they can be shared with us. If you don't like how they're operating, then take a hike and come back when the game releases. I for one won't miss you're nay-saying at all personally.

Just my thoughts.

Edit: To the OP; Well said and welcome aboard! Enjoy the ride with the rest of us man. ;) Kudos for the tough love too, start 'em early! ;)

<S>

-Havoc
A.K.A. Habokku

I like you =) why are you using this account? instead of GDL

#10 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:12 AM

View PostChill, on 24 February 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

erm..... its not a screen shot and they said to consider it a per-visualisation.... but its there

#11 Celros

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 47 posts
  • LocationFin

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:30 AM

Didnt they change gfx engine, so it isnt same game anymore. But you pretty much can get sense whats coming. and probably more glorious ;)

#12 pursang

• 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

Good parent, or BEST PARENT? ;)

#13 Habokku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

View Postlsp, on 25 February 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

I like you =) why are you using this account? instead of GDL

Hey Isp, glad you agree with my sentiment. ;). I don't want to tie up the thread with too much non-topic related info, but this is my "main" account for posting my thoughts and ideas. Also I plan on using this name to explore the attacker tree pretty hard while I focus on the commander tree with the GDL callsign. My GDL tagged name is reserved for GDL buisness for the most part. Sort of like wearing a uniform of sorts I suppose.

That's why, to answer your question. ;)

Now, back to the topic: Drazek Red Beard, why so cynical man? The developers are very active on these boards, hell, some of them even get in to the MWO IRC chat and answer questions there when they have time. I understand that it's been a while, believe me, I've been riding the pain train with you waiting for a new mechwarrior title. Now it's happening, and better yet.. We're being given unprecedented levels of interaction with the very people who are making the game!

I understand you want solid proof, something to show you you're not about to have the rug pulled out from under you. But at the same time, respect the creative process of these (very forthcoming and willing to share) people and relax. We'll get what we all want when the time is right.

Till then, enjoy the ride. ;)

That's all I've got. Take it easy guys & gals.

<S>

Havoc
A.K.A. Habokku

Edited by Habokku, 25 February 2012 - 05:05 AM.

#14 Drazek Red Beard

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostNaduk, on 25 February 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

this was released years ago :)

#15 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

But by the same people responsible for MWO :) I don't think they burned their hard drives when abandoning the single player MW they were working on and started work on MWO ^_^

As has already been stated, wait and see what GDC will bring us for an early Easter present :P

To Warcrime: Couldn't have said it better... except for the part on the hard love... ain't a parent :D

#16 MajorLeeHung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 392 posts
  • LocationMerced, CA

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostWarcrime, on 24 February 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

Get it here already...the intel sounds great, the premis is great...and I look forward to smashing my son in my Atlas.

Its tough love.

Great community as well.

lol You mean you look forward to putting your son in a jenner thinking its free kill day then crying as he roflstomps you? =P Live it up man lol my son is 6 and can almost beat mw4 mercs on elite =P Dont under estimate the munkins!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users