Battlefield 3 Blackout Protest

12 replies to this topic

#1 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

Remember I posted a huge list of community complaining about lack of communications between community and dice developers and sorta caused a rebellion in their website forums.
Lets update people
Dice responded as ; We are looking into issues and you will have a full list of fixes that will gonna come at the middle of february and we will announce our new dlc.This calmed down public and lowered buzzz about lack of communication but this was 3 weeks ago xD.

The patch suppose to come called february patch and one of dice developers shamelessly posted this on his blog."Since when promised dates are accurate" second post were just caused complete rage. "February patch not comming in february" Is this enough NOOES.The dlc project promised to announced didnt happen at all instead they started talk about subcription system who pays most gets best stuff.

February patch became soon and then became following months atleast they deliver a list of fixes that gonna happen.Everyone saying same thing its a list 4 pages long, thats must be the biggest fix list of entire gaming history.No words about DLC and Patch community turned their attention on trolling forums within rules range.Mods cant lock it but they mock EA and dice all the way they want.Everyday Im seing one person got really pissed about pre paying the game or hackers; Comes and swears at everyone in forum and gets a ban.Its maybe only game if you get perma banned, you can contact EA online help they will give a new serial number for free.You can cheat and can got caught but this wont stop you cause you have limitless serial numbers.

In 2 months from 10 000 000 sold copies only 170 000 people playing daily.*PC+Xbox+Ps combined*
Since both companies got their money already*EA/Dice* they channelled their staff and developers into a new game that gonna come out in 2013 and repairs on BF3 is as slow as possible.

Today is the last day of february and people combined to hurt dice by closing servers cause server owners paying for a game there were a very few players left to play the game.Alot of people will not play and servers will cut their contracts at 2 march.

If I said once ? but I said thousands of times I never seen a company that honest!,brave!,hardworking!,kind! and honorable! like PGI.I had doubts about this game and guess who cleared it out? Owner of the company like a bouss.

Once a dice mod asked me "Show me one company will never have problems with their game and community wouldnt rage" I linked this website and replied "Keep an eye on these guys, they are the ones you are looking for,maybe you should join to them before summer, Im leaving this link just incase" Truth to be told Im not playing it Im done with it I maybe spending more time on this forums actually on games.

Why I made this thread ?
It cause I saw yesterday some dumb....ses cursed on developers of PGI cause of lack of information and realese date while devs were giving us a teaser with new engine.One should know the value of what he has.These guys deserve our praises and compliments. NOT our curses if anyone not so happy about their progress feel free to buy battlefield 3

Edited by Bluey, 04 March 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#2 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:24 AM

Good post and it is true. These guys over at PGI have been right here with us, giving us all but a inside glance. They joke, taunt and have fun at our expense.. okay mainly Paul. How many Game developers have a following like Paul though?

I knew things were going to be interesting when they started tossing tweets back to fans in October.

#3 MilitantMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:34 AM

Honestly PGI is doing a great job. They have a crew of people who love the Battletech universe and want to make it the best it can be. The communication is slower than we'd all like but it's following a set deadline and has been consistant.

The real challenge comes when it goes live. How quick they can respond to exploits and the weird things the player base will do will count for a lot (a balanced and fun metagame).

Also don't just toss out 1-2 DLC or Mechpaks and forget about us. :D

#4 Punisher 1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

Battlefield 3 is a sloppy mess. DICE by now should have the ability to produce the near perfect game but seems to just re-hash the same thing. BF3 still has the same retarded issues, mostly dealing with lack of hacker protection and removing them, exploits, gross incompetence when it comes to vehicle and weapon operation and physics.

As for the video released for MWO yesterday I was disappointed that it was not placed here on the MWO site where the CORE ! of its fans are. I thought that was a silly move on the teams part. Secondly it does not appear to be in game footage, just a advertisement.

I believe that technology for gaming has improved to such a point that producing a "bad product" should be a thing of the past. There is so many examples of what to do right and what has been done wrong. Study of the success(es) of historical game(s) is key to developing a superior product.

Edited by Punisher_1, 29 February 2012 - 07:40 AM.

#5 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostPunisher_1, on 29 February 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

Battlefield 3 is a sloppy mess. DICE by now should have the ability to produce the near perfect game but seems to just re-hash the same thing. BF3 still has the same retarded issues, mostly dealing with lack of hacker protection and removing them, exploits, gross incompetence when it comes to vehicle and weapon operation and physics.

As for the video released for MWO yesterday I was disappointed that it was not placed here on the MWO site where the CORE ! of its fans are. I thought that was a silly move on the teams part. Secondly it does not appear to be in game footage, just a advertisement.

I believe that technology for gaming has improved to such a point that producing a "bad product" should be a thing of the past. There is so many examples of what to do right and what has been done wrong. Study of the success(es) of historical game(s) is key to developing a superior product.

Actually about video.Its not their fault, I was told it was suppose to come 24 hours later on youtube but it spreaded out early by pcgamer.

#6 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

View PostPunisher_1, on 29 February 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

DICE by now should have the ability to produce the near perfect game but seems to just re-hash the same thing.

As an old DICE fan (I haven't played BCs and the "3rd" one), I think it is rather fault of the EA, than DICE. They make good games and they patch them, give out an expansion or two. Battlefield 3 is simply a battlefield of CoD simplicity and BF fun, which shouldn't have been compared to each other at all, but EA is EA. Nothing stops them when they see a pile of cash. :P

The PGI, on the other hand, seems like a good studio. They have some founding, good experience and everything needed to make a good and fair game. Also, how many times did you know every developer by name and you regulary chatted with them? :D

Edited by Adridos, 29 February 2012 - 07:46 AM.

#7 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:54 AM

View PostAdridos, on 29 February 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

As an old DICE fan (I haven't played BCs and the "3rd" one), I think it is rather fault of the EA, than DICE. They make good games and they patch them, give out an expansion or two. Battlefield 3 is simply a battlefield of CoD simplicity and BF fun, which shouldn't have been compared to each other at all, but EA is EA. Nothing stops them when they see a pile of cash. :P

The PGI, on the other hand, seems like a good studio. They have some founding, good experience and everything needed to make a good and fair game. Also, how many times did you know every developer by name and you regulary chatted with them? :D

Lets not forget;
Our community managers freaking so awesome,

English isnt my native langauge and people often find that abusable,Do you have any idea? how many people apologised from me ,thank to them.If I get a troll problem and needed help, no need for reporting.They'll solve the issue and sent the guy to actually apologise.It took me 2 weeks to find a dice mod to talk to him like 2 minutes to get rid of a hater that was keep following me in every thread and server.

#8 Kale Cytair

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 112 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:00 AM

Punisher_1, that is in-game footage as noted by the devs.

View PostBryan Ekman, on 28 February 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

Yes. It's the in-game HUD. Yes it's the in-game cockpit. Yes it's the in-game Atlas.

#9 Punisher 1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostKale Cytair, on 29 February 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

Punisher_1, that is in-game footage as noted by the devs.

If it is then thats cool. Just tired of developers making thier game look cooler than it is by producing fake videos ( See WoT )
With all due respect if thats the real deal :D then I aplaud your skills PG !

Edited by Punisher_1, 29 February 2012 - 08:05 AM.

#10 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

View PostBluey, on 29 February 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

Actually about video.Its not their fault, I was told it was suppose to come 24 hours later on youtube but it spreaded out early by pcgamer.

No, they were announcing to keep watching over PC Gamer and GamesRadar's website. They gave them exclusive rights to show it first and today sometime they are uploading it in 1080p glory. They wanted to let PCG and GR have some time with it before putting the video up here.

#11 Curon Hifor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationMy Enforcer

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:29 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 29 February 2012 - 08:12 AM, said:

No, they were announcing to keep watching over PC Gamer and GamesRadar's website. They gave them exclusive rights to show it first and today sometime they are uploading it in 1080p glory. They wanted to let PCG and GR have some time with it before putting the video up here.

This also promotes community relations between those websites. By offering an exclusive trailer to those two sites, instead of just hosting it on their own site, the MW:O developers get some interesting karma points. It's also good for business in general.

#12 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

Man this thread being shown on BF3 forums ok who copy pasted link there xD
Awe it must be harsh for dice guys

#13 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts