Can we have "Clans or Pubs" tab

29 replies to this topic

#1 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:41 AM

I mean Clans tab not battletech "Clan".Its just something seemed to me abit missing.
I know a gaming clan is a gaming community that people plays together to hunt down bigger prays and achieve dominance but our game have alot of sides to choose from but non of them are like all in one, like "gaming clans" and further more saga + game mechanic forces you to be spefic about where you belong.We need a clans tab more like a social club.

Lets say as an example
like Clan Warmasters that have 10 davions 5 steiners and 3 lonewolves that knows one and other.Play together time to time but at current state they have no place to go and share their experiances and tell their pwndage stories.

I had several games that had no multiplayer even they do they were non competitive.So they created PUB system.Which is a tab filled with gaming communities that stick to their own thread aka pub and use it as a free place to post,tell and share their stuff*with a strict rule about never being offtopic*

Devs and staff can we arrange something like this.Side note; NO Jettisoned Communications thread doesnt fill that role cause Trolls lurk in there ,they just bump in,curse&hate then leave and its also offtopic like a section.

Edited by Bluey, 26 February 2012 - 05:44 AM.

#2 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

I do think this is where the MERC units come in to play. You find you old buddy from MW3 in 99 is playing davion and you are Kurita... well hell go form a MERC unit and play together.

#3 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 26 February 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

I do think this is where the MERC units come in to play. You find you old buddy from MW3 in 99 is playing davion and you are Kurita... well hell go form a MERC unit and play together.

Missing the point ??? Bleh or I didnt tell in right way.
Point is talking without bonding into one of the sides in game.Davions stay davion,Steiners be steiner and Kurita stays Sushi but they can be friends and share their views and stuff without being have to sacrifice their choice of house or faction
Mercs are a faction in the game.

Edited by Bluey, 26 February 2012 - 05:50 AM.

#4 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:52 AM

View PostBluey, on 26 February 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

Missing the point ??? Bleh or I didnt tell in right way.
Point is talking without bonding into one of sides in game.Davions stay davion,Steiners be steiner and Kurita stays Sushi but they can be friends and share their views and stuff.
Mercs are a faction in the game.

So like a buddy messenger system, in game? I see what you mean by a social tab now. Yeah i would not mind seeing a way to communicate to other players. Pretty sure something like this will be in game, most games of online origin now have a friend system with a messenger system built in. Plus for how much PGI has done for the community I think it would almost be a mistake for them not to enable some function for the community to keep strong in the game as well as out of it.

#5 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:53 AM

Not a messanger.Its just a SIMPLE forum tab lol just for social talk among groups.

#6 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:55 AM

"Fan Movement"
Just a tab like that *Gamers' Pubs* cause we cannot use name CLANS it would create such a mess and confusion.

Edited by Bluey, 26 February 2012 - 05:55 AM.

#7 zymphor

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMA.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:59 AM

A chat room? :)

#8 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:08 AM

Have anyone ever heard teams or clans before O_O in forums.
Like starcraft II guys."Evil Geniuses" team, that every member plays a different faction but they are friends and know each other.THEY have a forum thread that just Evil Geniuses able to post.

Or the ones like in World of Tanks. Team EGZ that have players all around the world playing on different sides but have a their own place to talk about.

#9 zymphor

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMA.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:11 AM

LOL WUT

#10 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:12 AM

Team or clan system works different than being in one faction.
Lets say your team have 197 players and you have a board *Original poster keep change first replie to let others know the stuff*

If you see something like this in top board.
"We need Steiners to defend X planet."
Members of group react and join servers.

Or you can see board like this
"We need 2 Kurians more to attack X planet"
Draconis users of team will join into that.

We need a Lonewolf
"Im spare whats up"

or even
Does anyone know spare merc company can aid us in 3 minutes.

Duh so on and so on

Like damn western saloon no causing trouble wait for your job

Edited by Bluey, 26 February 2012 - 06:14 AM.

#11 zymphor

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMA.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:15 AM

LRN 2 ENGLSH :)

#12 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

if you wont be constructive
Please dont waste space on this thread

Edited by Bluey, 26 February 2012 - 06:21 AM.

#13 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:32 AM

View Postzymphor, on 26 February 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

LRN 2 ENGLSH :P

Typical American. :)

You go post in the international forums and see how well you do, eh.

Bluey I think I am sort of getting your idea... but I think it would still all tie in to a 'messging' system. Just a 'guild' message. Star Trek Online has a decent 'clan' interface.

#14 zymphor

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMA.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:41 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 26 February 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

Bluey I think I am sort of getting your idea... but I think it would still all tie in to a 'messging' system. Just a 'guild' message. Star Trek Online has a decent 'clan' interface.

>Annoyed.jpg

#15 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:44 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 26 February 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

Idea is having a huge gaming clans that have players and mercs from all factions and from different nations grouped together with each one of them have place to communicate inside "mwo forums".

Imagine this your MERC or Faction group *like Highlanders* made up by people from your nation and they are 20 people in total.Once your nation go dark and all of your teammates sleeps in their bed who is gonna protect your planets ?How can you munster a force to defend with a group with total 20 players.

If you have a team system which a team sometimes can have 300 players which my last team had 84 players it will allow you to gather man really fast.

The game was Mount and Musket when there is line battle we used to post on forums 14 or 15 man out of 80+ always be avaible on time for line battle.

My team had guys from 88th Battalion, 22nd division and 95th Greenjackets some times Gordons Highlanders as well.When 22nd wasnt enough to defend it we post on forums for other groups and they would fill the gap.*if they be kind and generous xD*

Edited by Bluey, 26 February 2012 - 06:47 AM.

#16 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:49 AM

View Postzymphor, on 26 February 2012 - 06:41 AM, said:

>Annoyed.jpg

You do not think Bluey is annoyed with you telling him to learn english better?

Bluey I am not sure what you are meaning fully now. I am sorry. I sort of get the idea I think. But I think your gaming 'clan' will be focused on one faction or MERC unit. As otherwise group A who plays Davions and group B who plays Liao can fight with each other and one side can lose to give the other team more points, because they pre planned it and I see a lot of exploiting happening with mutli-faction gaming 'clans'

#17 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:59 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 26 February 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

You do not think Bluey is annoyed with you telling him to learn english better?

Bluey I am not sure what you are meaning fully now. I am sorry. I sort of get the idea I think. But I think your gaming 'clan' will be focused on one faction or MERC unit. As otherwise group A who plays Davions and group B who plays Liao can fight with each other and one side can lose to give the other team more points, because they pre planned it and I see a lot of exploiting happening with mutli-faction gaming 'clans'

Yes I was annoyed by him tried not to curse on forums.LOL
Its like this;
Your a Clan Ghost Bear and as you know most of the clans joined "Battle of Tukayyid" every clan fought their own war but they were organised ,they knew this battle going to happen.You know Clan wolf*us* hate Falcons but we were in same event.

A gaming team is like 300 people are using one board *message carrying thread* to communicate to gather people or do what we call *after action report* to talk about last battle or let people know who won the X planet.

Its called Platoon system in Battlefield 3
So Im a member of following platoons.Turkish Players,Furry Snipers*lol*,Bum Bandits and Anti Hack
IF one of them have an event or fight to do I will join its easy to find battles when you have more than one gathered team.

#18 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:17 AM

Do you mean a sub forum for a specific unit/group of players?

#19 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:27 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 26 February 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

Do you mean a sub forum for a specific unit/group of players?

group of players

#20 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:09 AM

I have to commend Bluey for being patient in trying to get his point across, and not being scared off by zymphor's comment. +1 to you Bluey!
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users