810 replies to this topic

#761 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

For me, I never really did that many crazy, stupid things, not as many as I thought of doing, anyway. I had responsibilities thrust on me from the time I was seven (7) though, so I never really got around to doing those things. If I could go back, I would change it so I could do the stupid stuff, and learn to enjoy myself.

#762 Psychobunny

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • Locationsweden

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

Wow just realized this topic, dont remember how young i was when i started, i saw mechwarrior 2 and the big fat box looked cool, but was unsure, but started as soon as mw3 came out and i played it untill the microsoft online game website died out, played alot offline and on, mostly online, and i enjoyed it soooo very much, i regreted not buying mw2, but i was young and didnt have all that much cash, im 31 soon in sep, still love the game, always have always will, sometimes i go back to mw3 or 4 when i get bored of mwo, cause i miss shooting down buildings 2 ;)
sorry about my bad engrish, not my native tounge, hell i move to much to have a native tounge ;)

My fav mechs from those games always been bushwacker, timberwolf, supernova, mostly the clan mechs, but catapult is pretty much has been fighting with timberwolf for the 1st spot in my heart :3
Something about those reverse jointed legs and those big ears..

#763 Stickjock

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostPsychobunny, on 16 August 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

... snip...
sorry about my bad engrish, not my native tounge, hell i move to much to have a native tounge ;)
... snip...

You're english is better than most "native" speakers far as I'm concerned... LOL... then again, bein' from down south I'm a tad used to a ton of "y'all's" all day long...

#764 DoomEngine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 123 posts
  • Locationsomewhere on Old Kentucky

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

44, played battletech in the 80's and enjoyed reading Decision at Thunder Rift again recently. If any old-timer unit were to come about, it should be called the Old Goats. there is no substitute.

#765 Turbo Turkey Puncher

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

I suddenly don't feel so old at 34 and playing this :ph34r:. I've played various MechWarrior games off and on since MechWarrior 2. Mostly played MechCommander 1/2, Mercenaries, and MechWarrior 4 Vengeance before jumping into this one.

#766 Phearless047

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

You're only as old as you feel.
I'm only 34, but I've got a decidedly "get off my lawn" attitude, and I've been loyal to Davion since my first experience with the tabletop game at age 12.

I was pretty happy when I found out MechCommander was set during Operation Bulldog and focused on the 1st Davion Guards.

#767 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

Been playing MW2 since I was 8 or 10.

View PostPhearless047, on 22 August 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

You're only as old as you feel.

90's

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 22 August 2014 - 08:35 PM.

#768 Kensaisama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationRedford, Michigan

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:25 AM

You know, I don't think I will ever stop gaming, I want to be cremated and buried in a computer tower case :ph34r:

Edited by Kensaisama, 24 August 2014 - 04:25 AM.

#769 bossclan

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIndiana United States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:41 AM

42 this year and i have been playing Battletech since it was released.
Played almost every version of it from tabletop to video games.
To me it is just good clean fun.

#770 Meta 2013

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Eastern US

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:38 AM

51 here,

Started playing computer games in 1977 ... on a printer terminal interface, ( no screen, just a printer) with a phone cradle modem to connect and login to the college computer, which was a borrows/candie 6800 system at the time ( I think), and we logged directly into a programming language. Yes some geeks had already made a star trek game in basic at Dartmouth university which our system was connected to, and thus my first foray into gamming. Also had a lunar landing game called splat! Could only play after school for 2 hours ... no sleep lost yet.

Bought my first computer in 1987 - Being Active Duty at the time, we started having the zenith 248's showing up on our desks, and I was hooked, had to have one. so I went and bought a Tandy 8 MHz 286, 16 color CGA, 20 Meg HD, and a whopping 640k of RAM.

My first computer game was kings quest IV, Back when Sierra games was still run out of Ken and Sara Roberts Barn, this lead to the beginning of many years sleep deprivation, Then found 1,2,3. After those I was craving more ... and then it happened, saw the first Mech warrior title show up in our Base exchange, Love at first sight ... and bought every one after that the first day it was on the shelf.

Games back then where much more fun, and more creative. Only a few titles are around that have kept or display that same quality experience. This game has that potential, which is why you probably see so many old gamers latching on and praying.

Most don't stop and realize, but the guys in their 60's are the Generation who invented gamming in one way or another. Pong anyone.

Edited by Meta 2013, 24 August 2014 - 06:43 AM.

#771 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:54 AM

View PostKensaisama, on 24 August 2014 - 04:25 AM, said:

You know, I don't think I will ever stop gaming, I want to be cremated and buried in a computer tower case :ph34r:
Boy, am I glad you re-wrote that... the original was (begins nodding heading and rolling eyes) not morbid in the least. (/rolleyes) :o

Edited by Kay Wolf, 24 August 2014 - 06:54 AM.

#772 Argent Tnega

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLemoore, CA

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

I do not remember when I started playing Battletech tabletop. I do remember it was with the "trainer" Chameleon mechs. Then I think we started the Wolf's Dragoons book. Then Crescent Hawks's and Mechwarrior (all), Living Legends because that is what there was. Was a Beta tester for this until the graphics became to much for my little laptop. Now a new computer and I am using up all those Founder points. I am going to be 39 this year and still playing tabletop on weekends with some friends.

#773 Stickjock

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

View PostMeta 2013, on 24 August 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

51 here,

Started playing computer games in 1977 ... on a printer terminal interface, ( no screen, just a printer) with a phone cradle modem to connect and login to the college computer, which was a borrows/candie 6800 system at the time ( I think), and we logged directly into a programming language. Yes some geeks had already made a star trek game in basic at Dartmouth university which our system was connected to, and thus my first foray into gamming. Also had a lunar landing game called splat! Could only play after school for 2 hours ... no sleep lost yet.

Bought my first computer in 1987 - Being Active Duty at the time, we started having the zenith 248's showing up on our desks, and I was hooked, had to have one. so I went and bought a Tandy 8 MHz 286, 16 color CGA, 20 Meg HD, and a whopping 640k of RAM.

My first computer game was kings quest IV, Back when Sierra games was still run out of Ken and Sara Roberts Barn, this lead to the beginning of many years sleep deprivation, Then found 1,2,3. After those I was craving more ... and then it happened, saw the first Mech warrior title show up in our Base exchange, Love at first sight ... and bought every one after that the first day it was on the shelf.

Games back then where much more fun, and more creative. Only a few titles are around that have kept or display that same quality experience. This game has that potential, which is why you probably see so many old gamers latching on and praying.

Most don't stop and realize, but the guys in their 60's are the Generation who invented gamming in one way or another. Pong anyone.

I hear you Meta... first system I owned was a TRS-80... woohooo... still sitting on a Commodore 128 WITH cassette drive... (original box with it... )

#774 Psychobunny

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • Locationsweden

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

View PostStickjock, on 16 August 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

You're english is better than most "native" speakers far as I'm concerned... LOL... then again, bein' from down south I'm a tad used to a ton of "y'all's" all day long...

lol thanks man, glad to hear that my english is not all that bad, and im sure "y'all's" and such is just as valid as anything imo :)

#775 Lil Cthulhu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 554 posts
  • LocationR'lyeh

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:15 AM

I'm only 26 but I've been playing since Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries was shiny and new.

#776 Jagg3d

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 29 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:22 AM

I loved this game when i use to play i on my 386pc in colledge. Mechwarrior, Mechwarrior2 (all expansions) Mechwarrior 3 up to 4 but not Mercinaries.I miss the Kali net days. I wish they Added the loki and vulture lol.

#777 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:00 AM

IS 11 years old school? Or is it more recent school?

#778 corpse256

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 164 posts
  • LocationNebraska, USA

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostKensaisama, on 26 February 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

Interested in seeing how many grizzled old battletech/mechwarrior veterans are out there like me. I will be 46 this year and have been playing/gaming for 33 years now, I remember when battletech first came out when I was a senior in high school (1984), played the first battletech computer game crescent hawks inception and every battletech/mechwarrior game ever since. So........... who's gonna own up to being an old gamer like me :-)

Yours in blood and honor
Kensai the wandering warrior

I'm 27

not as long as you have but I started my Battle Tech gaming since the first games on SNES. Never had the computer to play or knew about the mechwarrior games till then, but I did see the card game. Mechwarrior 2 and Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries is where I fell in love with the game series, never played Mechwarrior 3 but got my hands on Mechwarrior 4 Vengance and Mechwarrrior 4 Mercenaries and played those to death. Played a lot of online when we had 56k connection through the phone. I would always piss off my parents because I played online too much. I had a hard time trying to find out when the new Mechwarrior game was coming out finally got to this website during the beta and signed up and been playing ever since. Thanks PG and IGP for bringing back this awesome game and making it better than it was before. Oh and big shout outs to Paul and David and the rest of the development team you guys are doing awesome work keep it up.

Long live Mechwarrior!!

Edited by corpse256, 30 August 2014 - 09:19 AM.

#779 KommandoSpookums

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

I'm only twenty but I remember playing Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Combat back in 99 (with some help from my dad) and then getting into MW2 Mercenaries soon after, then MW 3 a few years after its release (had to wait until we bought a more powerful pc xD). I played Vengeance sometime in the mid 2000s (2004ish), and finally MW4 Mercenaries as the years went on (I had the privilege of discovering the MekTek release with 100+ 'Mechs before they ended distribution/!). Even suffered through the less than appetizing Mech Assault games for lack of substantial Fasa iterations.

Edited by KommandoSpookums, 30 August 2014 - 09:22 AM.

#780 Merebear59

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Locationalto michigan

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

well gwntlemen, I will be 56 in janury. been gaming since 1979..both board and computer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users