How many mechs in all?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Korvis

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

how many mechs are planned to be in the game by release? im sure this has been asked before, but please forgive my not sifting through tons of posts to find it.

#2 Sean von Steinike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:47 AM

There are 15 (plus multiple variants of each) confirmed to be in the game but not all of them may be available upon release.

http://mwowiki.org/w...title=Main_Page

#3 Rugarou

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 429 posts
  • LocationDown da bayou...

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

Actually 16, but the last one won't be announced till "a big event".

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:15 AM

It's quite likely some of the 15(16) won't be in the game at open beta. But, the flipide is, there will also be lots more than 15 or 16 mechs eventually since this kind of FTP game rolls out content frequently over the game's lifespan.

#5 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

the plan is (iirc) 16 mechs at start (there was a statement lately, but i forgot xD, might have been 12 or so^^) ... over all they plan to bring as much as possible mechs from battletech into the game (dunno about the mechs, microsoft "created" ) so we will likely see quite a few dozens of mechs and their varients... but that may take some time, they said to plan releasing 2 mechs a month in average after launch (could be wrong here again, but thats the number i THINK to remember :P )

@the mechs from microsoft... they MIGHT be possible to be added, but there is one problem: the Uziel for example is totally off of battletechs construction rules (would never be possible within that ruleset... at least i highly doubt it) ...so they might recreate them within the proper construction rules, which means, they´d look like those, but differ from the possible setups...

which at the end - thats what i think - would cause a flamestorm on the forums, because "i can´t create my always used KILLEMALL Uziel! you f+++ed it up!!!"

we may see in the future though, PGI hasn´t given any statement about that yet, afaik...

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 13 September 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#6 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:19 AM

The Uziel was canonized: UZL-2S & UZL-3S

RAM
ELH

#7 Adrienne Vorton