3 replies to this topic

#1 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

1) Each Planet has a list of available contracts refreshed/released periodically in certain intervals of game time.
This is to control player flow making sure that the occurrence of empty games is rare due to the number
of games scaled / created/ per players online that players have a choice to choose from. Something
can be worked out to limit the number of available biddable missions per house, per area, per population
per outstanding contracts so that sharing tends to occur naturally.

2) Once a contract is successfully bidded on, the winner of the bid becomes the "parameter controller". This
is NOT the commander role.

3) From this point the "Controller" May choose to invite associates, or hire lone wolves. I would like to add that absolutely
NO random joining should be allowed. Applications must be sent to and accepted by the controller. Quick game will send an application to a game but not necessarily allow them to join. Controller is able to view past performance and payment requirement bids. This is to block known trouble makers and provide skill selection needed for certain missions.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////Repair and Mech Options/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// Repair Options:

1) Partial Coverage: Reward is insurance with damage Deductable. Deductable has to
be paid by individual, any damage beyond is taken out of the reward, with the left overs being split
after repair cost.

2) Repair to Full, then split left overs up evenly. All members are repaired to full, then leftovers are split.

3) Predesignated Repair Cost with spill over: Controller sets a max amount of money per member to be
allocated to repairs for each individual. Any extra left over goes towards the common split pool. Any
cost above the preset amount comes out of pocket of the individual.
Common Pool = Reward - allocated repairs + unused repair cost.

4) Predesignated Repair Cost: Keep the bonus: Controller sets a max amount of money per member
to be allocated to repairs for each individual. Anything "not" used in repairs is given as a bonus to
the individual. Common Pool = Reward - allocated repairs cost.

5) Pirates Way: After the mission reward is split evenly. Repairs come from individual mech owner.

// Mech Selection Options:

1) Bring your own Mech: Players must provide their own mech for the mission.

2) Choose from the Selection: Players must choose from controllers Mechbay of mechs to launch.
Normally this is paired with option number 2 for repairs. Although other options may be selected to make
mech "renters" personally liable for damages.

3) Mix and Match: Player can use controllers mechs, or use a mech from their own bays.

Comments: Expansions. Share your thoughts?

Edited by ManDaisy, 27 February 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#2 wwiiogre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

very well thought out, thanks for sharing

chris

#3 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

Very well thought out, but I prefer "Rock,Paper, Scissors" for all important career decisions.

#4 Slyck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

I think selectively hiring Lone Wolfs will isolate new players and those casual players that are looking to jump immediately into some action because only the creme of the crop will ever be invited into games. Also you include plenty of control for Mercs to avoid griefer Lone Wolves, but where are the Lone Wolf's controls to avoid being abused by their employer.

Considering that we know there is some level of customization, why would you ever want to pilot someone elses mech. Seeing as my piloting skills are defined by the modules I have unlocked, would I have to load my own modules into the loaner.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users