Ask The Devs 17!

36 replies to this topic

#21 Gun Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

Does the dev team prefer a New York style hand tossed, a Chicago style deep dish, Sicillian style, or a thin crispy crust for pizza?

#22 anglomanii

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Location=]DI[= Brisbane Australia

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

Dearest Devs.
firstly Thanks.... big thumbs up. I understand this is beta and we are supposedly here to test this project and get it bug free and just the kind of tasty mechness we want, so thanks for the big effort.

now 1st question (in two parts). is there any plan to expand on the pilot skills/attributes/background and information in any way. and if so what kind of RP experience (if any) can we expect?

2nd question. are you able to explain in any more depth as to how much influence a faction choice has on a players gameplay?

thanks again keep up the good work.

#23 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

You guys rock and are doing an awesome job! Two Questions...

1.) Would you ever consider adding an altimeter to the HUD?

Adding an altimeter to the HUD would help players determine how close they are to ground level. This would significantly reduce the guesswork from when it is safe to land your jump-jetting mech without taking leg damage. The altimeter would be located on the left side of the yellow main targeting box, and would have a similar design as the compass. The altimeter would also display the vertical speed of the mech flying through the air. This could be toggled on or off in the options menu.

2.) Would you ever consider adding visual effects to the cockpit windshield?

Imagine snowflakes accumulating or raindrops rolling down the windshield. This may seem like small details, but details like this add tremendous immersion. With bad weather affecting the windshield, the developers could also add windshield wipers to the game. Now let’s talk about cockpit damage. Cracks to the windshield and/or sparks in the cockpit would be a quick visual indicator you just received damage to the head.

Edited by Maverick01, 15 September 2012 - 02:17 PM.

#24 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

Comparing mechs like Commando and Jenner while browsing sarna.net, I noticed a problem. Looking at these two, the Jenner is the faster, more armoured, more armed, more mobile and smaller of the two... and it can do everything Commando can do, just better. And since you want to make every mech viable, not just a step until you reach a better mech, I would like to ask a question:

Is the game going to balance such comboes of completely better vs completely worse mechs in any way?

#25 Elessar

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

Here 2 questions that are of interest to me ^_^
1. How many of the heat effects we know in Tabletop (chance for ammo explosions, slower speed, worse aiming) are planned to be implemented into the final version of MWO? (or, more generally: How close will the MWO heat table be to the BT TT heat table with reagrds to heat effects)
2. Are there plans to include physical attacks like punching and kicking into the final game?

Edited by Elessar, 15 September 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#26 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

I've just got one question...is there a timeline yet for the PvP to be upgraded from 8v8 to 12v12?

#27 BanditRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

How about this one:

What's been going on with the patches?

What do you think about the current state of the Weapon balance (or lack thereof) in the game?

#28 CloaknDagger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

Hey Devs, Beta tester here.
I recently read a chat transcript of a certain Thomas Dziegielewski in the forum, and I noticed a few comments he made didn't really seem to mesh with the popular views in the beta forums.
My question is: Do you devs actually read the beta forums often? It seems like we're posting for no one to read it sometimes.
Second question: Could we get a Q&A from the devs to be placed in the beta forum? It would be a lot more helpful if we could go straight to you guys with comments and such.

Edited by CloaknDagger, 16 September 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#29 Xathanael

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 710 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona, USA

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

CAN A BRUTHA GET A HATAMOTO-CHI?!?!?!

#30 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

what choices of camo and paint schemes do we expect to have in launch?

#31 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Should we expect larger maps in the future? And how much larger in comparison to the current ones should we expect to see?

Also any chance for new models of unseen mechs making an appearance in the future? Perhaps with homeage to the original design.

View PostCloaknDagger, on 16 September 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Hey Devs, Beta tester here.
I recently read a chat transcript of a certain Thomas Dziegielewski in the forum, and I noticed a few comments he made didn't really seem to mesh with the popular views in the beta forums.
My question is: Do you devs actually read the beta forums often? It seems like we're posting for no one to read it sometimes.
Second question: Could we get a Q&A from the devs to be placed in the beta forum? It would be a lot more helpful if we could go straight to you guys with comments and such.

Would like to know this as well.

#32 Lagfest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn a Mech

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

Will there be seperate Matchmaking for Stock Only mechs and Custom Builds?

Also, Can you elaborate some on Mech Painting and how it and the Player logos will work?

#33 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:01 AM

I do not know if this question was asked before.

In the BT universe, MG's and flamers aren't effective against mechs, but will incendiary mechs like the legendary Firestarter play a role in MWO in the future?
For example: Burning down trees or other enviroments to get faster through the terrain.

#34 Wizard Steve

• 1,053 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:53 AM

Where's WALL-E?

#35 Java

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:52 AM

View PostFaolan65, on 14 September 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

PLEASE PLEASE elaborate more on the Community Warfare aspect of the Open Beta, give us something that assures us that MWO is going to be more than battle-in-a-bottle, repair, repeat.

+1 to this please.

#36 The Government

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationReading, Pennsylvania

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

Is the "Rifle-mann" a casualty of copyright war? Especially since the Jager was built to replace it?

Out of curiosity, is the game very flexible? How difficult is it, in general to make changes to components?

Will the computer ever have a voice?

I've heard tale of cockpit options. Custom components. PLEASE tell me Fuzzy Dice are a possibility.

#37 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

Thanks for your questions everyone, my answers will be up soon :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users