Clan/IC Bonuses and Gameplayer Progression Mechanic.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Aidan_Pryde

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

I would really like to see the aspect of the IP and it's warring factions to be one of two things.
  • Clan and Inner Sphere Rivals
  • Which house you pick or clan would be your pilots Racial Bonuses, piloting bonuses and special access to particular weapons known to the specific factions. Maybe also consider this for certain houses, mechs that are particular favorites of each.
I like this mindset because it closely follows lore and it would help establish play styles among the different factions. If crafting is planned to be implemented this could be adjusted so that there were more incentives then just mechs, weapons, piloting bonuses. Game balance does play a heavy key in this particular feature i'm suggesting but who's to say fun and innovative features were ever easy to balance. : )

Progression Game Play Suggestion.

Going along with my idea above I would like to see a battle for the star systems/universe a land grab battle for star systems style game-play. when winning a planet a momentum buff much like Blitzkrieg warfare could be instituted to help other smaller battalions or groups of players to push to other systems. Battalion groups of players (knows as guilds) would also receive bonus resources for there contribution to the war at the end of the week something like that. These are all things I like to play out in my head as the ultimate online PVP Mech game where it's wide open and dynamic instead of just room to room 10v10 map battles.( don't get me wrong i did mech warrior 3 league play for a long time just want to see a change in game style to attract a wider audience.)

#2 Elucid Ward

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:19 AM

I sincerely doubt crafting will be implemented. We're pilots, not military R'n'D. Hence the 'warrior' bit. It's not "Mechscientist" or "Mechengineer".

I dare say that given how the game will follow a real time story development, the progression of things will be fairly linear, so as to not deviate too much from established canon. This is due to the fact that everything, storywise, has already taken place and has been accepted as fact... I think.

#3 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:29 AM

While clan/guild/etc bonuses would work in a setting like WoW, I highly doubt you'd be able to fairly implement something like that into MechWarrior. Guild bonuses that give stronger weapons, quicker repair times, more salvage would just give some too much of an unfair advantage and you'd see the rise of uber elitist guilds like in WoW, Guild Wars, etc.

#4 Elucid Ward

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:31 AM

Yer, and I walked away from WOW for that reason.

Having said that, co-op, PVE world events would be fekkin' awesome. Battle of Tukkayid anyone?

#5 Aidan_Pryde

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:06 AM

Well i see your point of how that does resemble wow nothing would be permanent all based on your participation in ladder / the war effort. so if your Lance or Star were very active one week but not the next you'd miss a week of non-battle bonuses.

Again I have no idea how game progression will go but I think some sort of effort/reward is a good reasons to push threw star systems for either clans or IS, if that part of the game is even implemented or thought about. It was one of the mechanics of League play in MW3 that I had really enjoyed, the clan i played games setup around star systems we were taking over and had an inventory of salvaged mechs and parts for us each week after the battles. then moved on to the next star systems in the coming weeks until everything was reset again. I realize the reset part maybe difficult but think more in terms of Eve online and the control of star systems then more away from wow linear style of progression game play. I mean **** I'd rather not see the Style of match play implemented that League of Legends has that would ruin the experience to me and make the game world some stagnant and not alive(LoL is a good game don't get me wrong) I'd like to see Mechwarrior jump above and distinguish itself.

I would rather see the star system game play style then any of the other suggestions i made in this thread pvp is better when there is actually an in game reason for it. I dislike climb the ladder style play it would deter the non-hardcore people from even playing cause they would know how difficult it is to even get to a decent spot. I'm not saying ladder player / tournament style play couldn't have a place in the game just don't make it the only thing the game has.

Yea i threw crafting out since salvaging could be one thing we do after battles not so much create weapons but salvage bonuses to how much you can repair a particular piece of equipment.

Thanks to the people that did respond I'd like to keep this dialogue open cause i think this feature would be a good one to implement. Keep your comments coming!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users