Blackscreen Geforce 7900 Gto

2 replies to this topic

#1 Dredger

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Alright, so I downloaded and installed MWO without a hitch.

Got into my first game on medium graphics and it was a little hitchy, but still worked. Then about three minutes into the match, my view went black. I still had the HUD and mini-map, and I could walk around and fire, I just couldn't see what I was shooting at.

I reduced the graphics to minimum and tried again. Same result.

I set the game to windowed mode instead of full-screen. Same result. Like clockwork.

So I went to the forums and tried the Alt+Enter trick that has worked for some users. This would clear the black screen for five seconds before the mechs were engulfed by little black cubes and the screen reverted back to its previous state.

Is this due to my graphics card not supporting DX11? I am able to play Blacklight Retribution just fine, which also uses DX11. And it's not like MWO is crashing or refusing to let me launch a mission. Any suggestions or workarounds?

System Specs:
CPU: 2.90 GHZ AMD Athlon II Triple-core 435
Video: GeForce 7900 GTO *Direct-X 9.0c support, no Direct-X 11 support (fully updated drivers)
RAM: 6 GB DDR2

Game is fully patched and updated.

Edited by Dredger, 20 December 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#2 StainlessSR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 443 posts
  • LocationSunShine State

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

It may be happening due to your card running out of memory? you only have 512meg memory on the card and with the added content/shaders/textures it may have run out of space as it loads while playing (they load on demand). You can use a card monitoring software to check if this is happening.

#3 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Your card is below the minimum specs for MWO. This does mean, that the game "might" work, but it is not guaranteed.

You might want to try running the game in a lower resolution. DX11 is currently not a factor, as it is not yet enabled for MWO. We still run on DX9.0c

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users