ISN News Flash

12 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:00 AM

Sat. Sept 15, 3049: Colonel Cynthia Evans of the Chasseurs à Cheval receives the Fist of Raventhir from the Magestrix’s hand today.

#2 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:34 AM

She got the fist? :)

#3 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:15 AM

Would be intresting to know what deed earned her this Honor and what it means...

#4 Banekane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Locationohio usa

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

im guessing its for services rendered to the MAF over the years not much information is leaked from that sector of space unless its about a invasion attempt or a battle this is some hopeful news that the periphery can protect its self and we can focus on doing what we can elsewhere needed

#5 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

I thought ISN means Inner Sphere News. Aren't minor Periphery affairs offtopic there? It could be justifired to inform us about major changes on the Periphery - wars, alliances, coup d'etats, death of old rulers, new rulers coming to power... And about anything Periphery-related, but involving Inner Sphere somehow. But some colonel receiving some decoration somewhere on the Periphery... what's the point?

#6 Jason Raventhir

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

gratz

Fist of Raventhir
Created in 2997. For the unfailing service of the Raventhiri bloodline for centuries to the state. Every commissioned officer make a vote for a soldier how has earned such a honor. The fist is made of titanium and depend from a red-silk ribbon.

#7 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

Is this also news of her promotion to Colonel and command of the Brigade?

I hear Darlene Ishora will be the next seat for command of the 1st Light Horse.

Although I wonder what the future holds for former Brigade Commander Colonel Trisha Trevada.

#8 Capp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

View PostMorang, on 15 September 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

I thought ISN means Inner Sphere News. Aren't minor Periphery affairs offtopic there? It could be justifired to inform us about major changes on the Periphery - wars, alliances, coup d'etats, death of old rulers, new rulers coming to power... And about anything Periphery-related, but involving Inner Sphere somehow. But some colonel receiving some decoration somewhere on the Periphery... what's the point?

I would guess it's like how ABC News doesn't just give you news happening inside the ABC news stations/buildings. It's a name, not a description of mandate.

Edited by Capp, 15 September 2012 - 01:33 PM.

#9 Nikodeemus

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

#10 BeerSteiner

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

Yes. Apparently she's been fisted. A high enough honor to make the news...and a few web sites .

#11 Joseph Le Mur

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

I was going to say, it sounds dirty... but this is about the Canopians... it probably is.

#12 Kyro Wyvern

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

Nothing like a good 'Fisting' to congratulate someone for their dedicated service. ^_^

#13 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

View PostCapp, on 15 September 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

I would guess it's like how ABC News doesn't just give you news happening inside the ABC news stations/buildings. It's a name, not a description of mandate.

Have you ever heard ABC News reporting about division of brigade general of some Third World country receiving a decoration? (Тerran general here is analogue of BT Universe colonel, because in our universe divisions and brigades are primary indentifiable combat units, not regiments).

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users