Smoke Jaguars Recruiting for MWO

15 replies to this topic

#1 Bongfu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

Come join the most deadly clan in the galaxy!

Posted Image

Eight years running, the Smoke Jaguars have been dedicated to the Mechwarrior/Battletech community. We offer a fun atmosphere that has both serious and casual gamers. We offer real clan like advancement and even bloodnames for those who are willing to go through the trials.

What are you waiting for? Are you freebirth dezgra or are you a trueborn warrior?

Click here
  • Clan Ventrilo
  • Scheduled practices
  • League appearances (if any come up for MWO)
  • Competitive play in clan and against other units.
  • Beer drinking, robot driving, fun nights!
Upon joining you must be willing to go through a Trial of Entrance. There we will determine whether you have the skill and attitude we want in our clan. If you wish to advance in the clan, you must challenge and fight in a Trial of Position.

Inquires and questions should be sent to bongfu@gmail.com

Edited by Bongfu, 17 September 2012 - 04:39 PM.

#2 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

This really should be in the recruitment area instead of the Clan discussion area.

#3 Bongfu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

It is :)

#4 lonewolfsx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 231 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'm moderately interesting since SJ has been my default clan for quite some time.

What exactly is entailed in scheduled practices? just group matches and such? I'm in college and while I wouldn't mind a community to play with, I don't want to get tied down in anything since I don't always have time to play.

Rest assured though, I'm a pretty solid pilot so I won't detract from the group when I'm on. I also have killer mechlab configs but I'm not totally keen on sharing haha.

Edited by lonewolfsx, 17 September 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#5 CrimsonDuval

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

Ya'll accept 13 year olds?

#6 lonewolfsx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 231 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

View PostStalemate, on 17 September 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

If you say yes to that... then nevermind.

#7 Bongfu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

View Postlonewolfsx, on 17 September 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

I'm moderately interesting since SJ has been my default clan for quite some time.

What exactly is entailed in scheduled practices? just group matches and such? I'm in college and while I wouldn't mind a community to play with, I don't want to get tied down in anything since I don't always have time to play.

Rest assured though, I'm a pretty solid pilot so I won't detract from the group when I'm on. I also have killer mechlab configs but I'm not totally keen on sharing haha.

Scheduled practices are just times for people to have a set time to get on. No one will be punished for not being able to make it. We have a good mix of casual and hardcore gamers. We cater to both. We won't exclude people from matches and such because they don't have time to play. Being in college myself, I understand.

View PostStalemate, on 17 September 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

We have had young members in the group in the past. Most of them have been children of members in our clan. It is not a PG atmosphere so all members must be mature enough to handle it. Part of your trial period will be to assess your level of maturity and that goes for gamers of all ages. If you can hang with us then all are welcome aboard.

Let me put it this way. We are a MATURE gaming group of many different backgrounds. We do not want, for lack of better words, a clan full of typical thirteen year olds. If you can follow directions of your superiors and handle the chatter on comms, then you will be okay.

View Postlonewolfsx, on 17 September 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

Read the above quote please.

Edited by Bongfu, 17 September 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#8 lonewolfsx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 231 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostBongfu, on 17 September 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

Let me put it this way. We are a MATURE gaming group of many different backgrounds. We do not want, for lack of better words, a clan full of typical thirteen year olds. If you can follow directions of your superiors and handle the chatter on comms, then you will be okay.

Very well written response. Didn't mean to sound like a jerk with my previous post. Hmm well I may have to fight that "trial of entrance" then if all you say is true... so should I just email you or? I'm gonna need a little time to get together some mechs though, patch reset means my wings have been clipped a bit and apparently the c-bill reward has been drastically reduced.

I'm east coast USA btw. I don't mind staying up for matches just not all the time.

Edited by lonewolfsx, 18 September 2012 - 04:12 PM.

#9 CrimsonDuval

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

View PostBongfu, on 17 September 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

Scheduled practices are just times for people to have a set time to get on. No one will be punished for not being able to make it. We have a good mix of casual and hardcore gamers. We cater to both. We won't exclude people from matches and such because they don't have time to play. Being in college myself, I understand.

We have had young members in the group in the past. Most of them have been children of members in our clan. It is not a PG atmosphere so all members must be mature enough to handle it. Part of your trial period will be to assess your level of maturity and that goes for gamers of all ages. If you can hang with us then all are welcome aboard.

Read the above quote please.

OK then, you might be surprised at how good I follow orders.

#10 Oriss

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

I've had the pleasure of playing with some SJ folks over on the Huntress and other MW:LL servers but its been quite some time. Name was Oriss over there too, but I doubt anyone would remember me. All the same if you folks are still looking for warriors, I'd be honored to join your ranks. I understand a Trial would be in order, please feel free to contact me anytime if you deem me honorable enough for your Trial of Entrance.

~Oriss

#11 Barrett Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationStanding over my enemies lifeless Mech.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

aaahhhh. But why Ventrillo!!!

#12 DrHat

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 260 posts
  • LocationDenmark, capital area

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

damnation! I wanted to revive Smoke Jaguars for this game and be all RP'ish about it ;)

Oh well, best of luck with this wonderful clan :P

#13 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 429 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

View Postlonewolfsx, on 17 September 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

Hiya, Bong!!
Au contraire, Lonewolf! Bong, do you remember when Zendric first started? lol, I think he was like 13...going on 30 ;)

#14 Sargatanas

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Hey this is Palerider,looking for my old clanmates from MW4,i did get the Ventrilo info a while back but have since built a new computer and am trying to get all the old guys together to at least catch up on old times.please PM me with vent info if you don't mind ASAP.

#15 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 429 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Wow, there is a name I have not heard in a while. Good to see you back, Palerider.
:P

#16 sj mausgmr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

You looking for Deathscythe Palerider?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users