4 replies to this topic

#1 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:47 AM

So, what I am reading is there is planetary capture,however..will there be an economy base to support it.
I am wondering if there will be a House governing C.O.C., could they be a part of a economical strategy based in the game?
Will the true meaning of territory control, unit and PDZ come to life?

#2 goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:57 AM

That would be nice, but a far more likely outcome is mercenary outfits are assigned contracts to capture and defense missions by the various houses and if mercs take a planet or defend it successfully said house will shower them with C-Bills or give them special equipment or mechs, or said equipment and mechs are only available on that particular planet and if you hold it you can keep buying them.

Unless the battles in normal skirmish multiplayer (conquest, DM,TDM) actually count toward something other than being the grinder for player advancement.

Edited by goon, 02 November 2011 - 01:04 AM.

#3 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

Personally, I think this was the intent of earlier BT concept games that attempted but failed.
Although I understand that implementation of this would mean a TON more work as each area of a planetary capture,House C.O.C. and based economy would have so many sub requirements

#4 Oster

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationLethbridge, AB

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

I just hope that we will be able to gain salvage as part of the game so that we can buy/sell/trade with each other.

#5 CobraFive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationAZ, USA

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

I think a simple, universal system is fine.

The FAQ states that mercs do need to ally with a particular house. So maybe something like, the more planets a particular faction holds, the cheaper upgrades are, or, some universal income buff (Like +1% experience or payment after each match for each contested planet your house holds).

Or maybe some planets have a a particular bonus. The house that holds this planet can buy autocannons for cheaper. The house that holds this planet can buy this type of mech cheaper. Maybe you could even have a few really important planets with important bonuses, like whichever faction holds this planet can buy a unique mech type. Everyone will be fighting for the planet constantly, so it would change hands often, and everyone would be able to buy the mech at some point or other if they wanted it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users