60,000 Member mark.

55 replies to this topic

#21 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

Woot! 60k baby!

I've been very impressed with everything so far, and from the looks of the trailer this game's graphics are going to exceed my expectations by a wide margin. The game play stuff we've been allowed to see has gone even further in making my hopes sky-high, especially the prospect of having real purpose for 'Mechs lighter than the assault class.

Here's to you, PGI! *opens beer and salutes you, then chugs it* Keep up the good work!

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 02 March 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#22 Weapons Man

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationPa.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

damn it will be good to get back in a Mech, i started in 2002 then drifted away in 2007. I'm getting the Itch.

#23 Maris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

60,000 Mechwarriors ready to do battle. Thats quite a force.

That number will multiply when the game launches. I expect a half million is easily reachable, if the game is that spectacular!

#24 pcunite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 02 March 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

I currently have 400 hours of vacation and about 600 hours of sick time saved. When the game comes out, I will not be seen by co-workers for about 3 months straight.

Ha, same here ... my wife knows that, "I might not be coming back baby ... going off to MechWarrior.

#25 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

View Postpcunite, on 03 March 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

Ha, same here ... my wife knows that, "I might not be coming back baby ... going off to MechWarrior.

I see what you did there....

#26 chief003

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationRiverside, CA

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

Proud to be part of late 60k. I just joined and am excited to once again pilot a mech...I think it's been 10+ years since I last play MW game.

Chief

Edited by chief003, 03 March 2012 - 10:20 AM.

#27 tacobellkiller

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

That's 60k folks that bothered to sign up without any real marketing besides word-of-mouth and with very little tangible benefit to registering, imagine the numbers once some beta info comes forward. I really think 2012 is the year of the Mech, not sure why that is happening but I couldn't be more excited.

As far as all those out there claiming vapourware status are really diluting what that term is supposed to mean. We have only been waiting a few months since the initial game announcement, we have already been given a lot of data about the game, the devs are crazy active, and the big reveal is only days away. If they disappoint at GDC then you can be a little negative, absolutely no reason to start up the hate engines yet.

#28 Kegslayer

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNorth texas

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

OK, so I used to play CBT a lot around 10 years ago. I'm just starting to get back into it in my new area and trying to convert some new people to the game. Is what I am reading true? Is MWO going to be turn based? I much prefer the strategy of choosing your moves over who can press a button the fastest to decide a victor. I really like the design aspect of the 'Mechs and have made some pretty good ones that I still like to use.

I played some of the early MechWarrior and MechCommander games, but I don't like the speed to them.

I'm new to the MWO world. Should I pick a faction first or play a bit to see which one suits me? Should I go Merc? I've always kinda liked Kurita more than the others, but what kind of options are there?

Just trying to learn what I can before this thing goes live. CBT is a lot of fun and from what I have seen, MWO looks to take it to the next level.

#29 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostKegslayer, on 03 March 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

Is what I am reading true? Is MWO going to be turn based? I much prefer the strategy of choosing your moves over who can press a button the fastest to decide a victor.

No, it's normal Mechwarrior. For TBS experience, you should check out MW:T.
It is sister project of MW:O, but it is more of a MechCommander game. :)

View PostKegslayer, on 03 March 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

I'm new to the MWO world. Should I pick a faction first or play a bit to see which one suits me? Should I go Merc? I've always kinda liked Kurita more than the others, but what kind of options are there?

You can choose between being a: lone wolf (noone likes them), FRR viking, Kuritan samurai, Steiner social cmd., stupid Daviot, purple Marik, sneaky Liao, or join one of the numerous mercenary groups.

Aprox. in year after launch, there will be an option to play a Clanner as well.

Edited by Adridos, 03 March 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#30 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

ITS TIME TO PARADE
http://youtu.be/LBDAvrP4UN0

Edited by Bluey, 03 March 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#31 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 03 March 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

When did they officially state that players will get the option to join Clans? (vs. just using Clan Tech from a Merc Corp or House, odd as it might be in some cases)

In an old interview, they mentioned how are they going to implement Clans, so that means they are going to add them. :)

P.S. No, Paul wasn't there. :)

Edited by Adridos, 03 March 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#32 Belial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostAdridos, on 03 March 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

stupid Daviot, purple Marik, sneaky Liao, or join one of the numerous mercenary groups.

Hrm... :ph34r:

#33 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

60k players. Hmm. How will they all get a chance to frag eachother? I mean, I've already picked out a few favorite targets from past and present, how do I garauntee I'll get the target I want in my reticles at some point? For that matter, how do I know that I'll get to drop with a certain crew? Are we to be spread over 60 servers and joined together in brackets for say, the stomping of Tikonov? Be a good time to clarify how all the cattle will be herded up the cute when the train gets here.

#34 Staltech

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

Пилоты всех стран объединяйтесь! Mechwarrior the best!

#35 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

Got two months of vacation leave. Now if they'll only let me file it. :/

#36 CPUuser123

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

Game popularity is growing fast. A lot of my old buddies have been contacting me about MWO and getting back into Battletech. My old vendor on Ebay, I purchased a hunchback from him because I lost mine and he remembered me and said he cant keep inventory stocked atm. A lot of my friends are playing Living Legends to give them a short term buzz and hype.

A new game shop opened up in town, and for two weeks I have been talking with the owner and promoting Battletech/MWO. This Weds, will be the first demo game I host for Battletech and we have 23 people signed up. Ill be posting pics in Tabletop Chat for sure.

#37 The Arachnotron

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Congrats on enlisting 60000 pilots! Keep up the great work.

#38 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

and 2100 more in like 3 days? Dang we be growin

#39 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

Not to mention that's 60,000 who've accessed the forum, not just signed up :)

#40 Creedious

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

And it will continue to rise at an even fast pace! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users