Controller Confusion

15 replies to this topic

#1 CancR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

I played the older mechwarrior games, but it was only a span of 3 years from when I was 16 to 19, and alot of it was washed away since I played FPS like Quake 3/live, tf2, AVA, and counter strike, which leaves me with no frame of reference for how to set up the controls so I can feel like I have some sort of control of my mech. I get the gist of how controlling a mech is different then running and gunning in Quake live but looking at the control options and put it together.

I'm using this: http://ecx.images-am...L500_AA300_.jpg sexy little number which IMHO is better then a joystick.

#2 Otonashi Saya

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAdelaide Australia

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

Just got mine shipped today and sitting in my Hot little hand.....Cant wait to get home :P. I was waiting for the Joystick one but after trying to pilot with 2 Joysticks and G15, I found it can not replace a mouse and KB. $75.00 and love how it is part Keyboard Part Mouse. Well worth the $75 AUD plus shipping

#3 Tolos

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

I have one of these at home but cant get it working on windows 7 do they have an updated driver for it?

#4 Otonashi Saya

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

What the side of the Box says, might want to update the drivers from their web site.

Posted Image

#5 CancR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

I have windows 7 and it works fine for me. So can some one make a quick ride up about the each of the control options and what would be advisable to set to what (if unsure about the speed pad then pretend its wasd)

Edit: The one I showed in the picture is the one I still use. Had it since about 2003.

Edited by CancR, 08 August 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#6 Tolos

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

Is that box for the nostromo n52 or the n52te as I go to the website and can't for the life of me locate windows 7 drivers for the n52

#7 Blackice

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

There are 3 models.

The first link is the original Belkin n52.

The Belkin n52te is "Razer Powered" and the drivers for these 2 are from:
http://www.belkin.co...aid=5234&scid=0
http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2571/~/f8gfpc200-nostromo-speedpad-n52te---software-and-drivers

T
he newest model the Razer Nostromo (shown in the box above) has drivers here:
http://www.razersupp...86&pcid=0&nav=0

#8 Fischkopp

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

I have the same Controller (n52), better than a Joystick... And also win7.... I use the Vista 64 driver and it Works perfect

Edited by Fischkopp, 09 August 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#9 CancR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

Never mind, I got the controls working..It's just hard to get used to when you are not playing quake anymore.

#10 Alasian

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBlowing up random stuff with a Cataphract.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

you dont need a controller

#11 Otonashi Saya

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

Sorry for the delay in replying - I am using the Razer Nostromo, which I found very good and makes the game alot more enjoyable then Joystick any day. 8/10 so far.

@Tolos: Hope you got it working with the Vista 64 drivers as what Fischkopp suggested.

#12 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

I've always been an wasd and mouse kinda guy. I've never found anything that can let me be as accurate as a mouse once I get my sensitivity settings down

#13 Elektrik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostSandpit, on 24 August 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

I've always been an wasd and mouse kinda guy. I've never found anything that can let me be as accurate as a mouse once I get my sensitivity settings down

Bah, I've used joysticks for...ever..... and I've been just fine-no mouse necessary.

#14 HeavyD HD

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

I have a saitek x45 joystick but unable to control mech properly, unable to move backward main problem. I use this with Mech 4 and it work very well still.

#15 Warriator

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationHemet, CA

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

Tried x45 too. cant seem to remap it. Currently using Cyber Snipa game pad and mouse.
The belkin n52 drivers havent been updated for win 7 or 64 bit systems probably because Razor bought out n52te. Mine doesnt seem to auto load profile when i start a game so i click on profile and works most of time. Still an awesome game pad

#16 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

They have finally gotten the numbers or letters to bind in options. But they are still are working on the throttles that do not work. I was dc_battousai with the draconis combine. If anyone has a controller that works all the way then Then feel free to contact me. I am hoping to return to my homeland as soon as I can get out of Mercs
unit at first we worked only for you but that has since changed and not happy shotokan1524@Yahoo.com Hoo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users