• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 103 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

I will now refer you to this video.

http://youtu.be/EL8e2ujXe8g

Edited by Jaggar Boo, 06 March 2012 - 06:21 PM.

#2 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

Whos Whineing?

#3 Bullwerk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBremerton, Wa

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostMason West, on 06 March 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

Whos Whineing?

Even though the OP does leave things kind of vague I indeed have noticed an increase in the posts that have a "negative" tone for lack of a better term. I lurk on these forums every day and at least skim most every new post that has actual MWO content (no bronies and furries don't count :) ) so I should know.

I attribute this to all of this to a combination of anticipation for GDC and its supposed info dump, and the community hitting a point of critical mass where those that eternally harbor pessimism and negativity or just want to create dissent. The community at large needs to be vigilant to notice these persons and their posts and respond in a manner that will minimize the impact that could be caused.

Just my few cents worth of drivel.

Bullwerk

#4 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

I've noticed it on the Facebook page a lot, not quite as much here, but Bullwerk is right. This community is just hitting that size where you're just bound to get some negative people who are just here to rag on the game/devs/community/whatever.

#5 Maris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

Even if they could probably release the best and most perfect Mechwarrior game ever seen and you will still have complaint threads.

The more successful the game is, the worst the complaining gets. See World of Warcraft forums as reference.

Its gets particularly bad when that game is a multiplayer or online.

#6 Ghostrider45

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationThibodaux La, 70301

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

people have Wright to be negative 10 years ago they stop work on Mechwarior 5 ????? then almost 3 years ago they pop up an say theyer working on a new Mech then come the adds saying law suits now we find no laws suits then it was going to take 8 mouths are more to get in up an running< now we Still have 4 mouths to weight an all we get is maybe one mech new art a week and some reading to cach up on and one vidieo from the game its getting brorring all topic page are doodoo!!!!

Edited by Paul Inouye, 06 March 2012 - 09:45 PM.
No need to skip past the swear filter.

#7 Canniballistic

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

How on earth can you complain about something that doesnt exist unless thats what youre complaining about?

The only time people can say negative things about an unreleased game is when they are voicing their potential fears which when you dont have enough information and you look at the state of current game designs, its not unreasonable to be afraid.

The game will come regardless and so nothing anyone says till then matters.

#8 Eidolon

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostGhostrider45, on 06 March 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

people have Wright to be negative 10 years ago they stop work on Mechwarior 5 ????? then almost 3 years ago they pop up an say theyer working on a new Mech then come the adds saying law suits now we find no laws suits then it was going to take 8 mouths are more to get in up an running< now we Still have 4 mouths to weight an all we get is maybe one mech new art a week and some reading to cach up on and one vidieo from the game its getting brorring all topic page are caca!!!!

Must... not.... feed.... troll....

Edited by Paul Inouye, 06 March 2012 - 09:45 PM.
Naughty word

#9 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

View PostEidolon, on 06 March 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Must... not.... feed.... troll....

Normally I would kick myself for agreeing with the Liao Scum.. but he's right... Ahhh screw it...!

Off topic: Like any discovery evidence ... Do the words.. GRAMMAR, or for that matter SPELLING.. mean anything at all to you? Outrage at that level, should at the very least have a grade school level of language structure behind it.

On Topic:Take your meds.. calm down.. breath. It will be okay. You have no rights, unless you have a license or are part of a business contract WITH rights expressed for YOU, in said contract! You have no say, you have no control.. you DON'T even have the game in your hands yet.

Take... a break. All you can do sir.. is hope, and be patient... I write this calmly and in a soothing manner. Please I hope you have read it as such.

We love you, we yearn as you do for the joy of blowing each other to bits, you as the primary target :). But even if this all evaporates tomorrow... I know I have made some good friends and met some cool people with similar interest, I bet.. you have too. Now breath.... Ahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Edited by Vexgrave Lars, 06 March 2012 - 09:27 PM.

#10 Jaggar Boo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 103 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostBullwerk, on 06 March 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

Even though the OP does leave things kind of vague I indeed have noticed an increase in the posts that have a "negative" tone for lack of a better term. I lurk on these forums every day and at least skim most every new post that has actual MWO content (no bronies and furries don't count :) ) so I should know.

I attribute this to all of this to a combination of anticipation for GDC and its supposed info dump, and the community hitting a point of critical mass where those that eternally harbor pessimism and negativity or just want to create dissent. The community at large needs to be vigilant to notice these persons and their posts and respond in a manner that will minimize the impact that could be caused.

Just my few cents worth of drivel.

Bullwerk

My mech will have a tail on it. But no to bronies :lol: :lol: :lol: :angry: :angry:

#11 Pvt Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

*shrugs* There are alot of topics out there, and people who have been on here a few months are just getting tired of getting people who log in and just jump in and post without taking the time to look up the answers they seek. It is kinda like being in a car and someone in the back asking every 5 minutes 'Are we there yet?'.

To pass the time, since we do not know everything that is going on, we speculate. Problem is, there are a ton of the same thread, just re-hashed and that is tiring too.

So no, I disagree. I do not see negative posts about the product. I see people either getting tired about repeating the same answers, seeing the same posts, or getting heated over a topic they feel strongly about (I am guilty of all three, I will add).

To be honest, posts like this are /worse/ that those your claiming are whining... because in effect, this serves no purpose, nor adds into a discussion. This is the pot calling the kettle black.

#12 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostPvt Dancer, on 06 March 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

*shrugs* There are alot of topics out there, and people who have been on here a few months are just getting tired of getting people who log in and just jump in and post without taking the time to look up the answers they seek. It is kinda like being in a car and someone in the back asking every 5 minutes 'Are we there yet?'.

To pass the time, since we do not know everything that is going on, we speculate. Problem is, there are a ton of the same thread, just re-hashed and that is tiring too.

So no, I disagree. I do not see negative posts about the product. I see people either getting tired about repeating the same answers, seeing the same posts, or getting heated over a topic they feel strongly about (I am guilty of all three, I will add).

To be honest, posts like this are /worse/ that those your claiming are whining... because in effect, this serves no purpose, nor adds into a discussion. This is the pot calling the kettle black.

Agreed there is a lot of conjecture out there, that many hope is settled once we see some buildings crumbling and weapons fire. The lack of information has been a full hog trough for the trolls to feast at.

#13 Jaggar Boo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 103 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostPvt Dancer, on 06 March 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

I like calling the kettle black.

#14 Dr Killinger

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

PGI said they'd be releasing the first screenshot at GDC. Somehow the community twisted this into revealing in-game footage, new battlemechs, announcement of the beta... this wishful thinking based on unfounded rumours has set them up for disappointment. I'm waiting for the promised screens, and I'll be happy with them. Not to say I don't want footage, but let us be realistic.

#15 Jaggar Boo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 103 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

View PostDr.Killinger, on 06 March 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

PGI said they'd be releasing the first screenshot at GDC. Somehow the community twisted this into revealing in-game footage, new battlemechs, announcement of the beta... this wishful thinking based on unfounded rumours has set them up for disappointment. I'm waiting for the promised screens, and I'll be happy with them. Not to say I don't want footage, but let us be realistic.

I am so with you there!

#16 Dataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 338 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationJakarta, ID

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:54 PM

as long as this game didn't turn out to be mechassault or the upcoming hawken, I'm a happy warrior

#17 Polymorphyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 489 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

Its the internet, its sole purpose is for people to whine and complain about the wonderful things that they are lucky to have been given.
The thing that would cause the most complaint, is if the devs made MWO the perfect mechwarrior game, with no faults whatsoever- then people would complain that they have nothing to complain about.

#18 Carebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:43 AM

MMO, especially MMORPG's are cheapest form of playing, no other genre offers so much for so cheap, so of course theres lots of whining.

Edited by Carebear, 07 March 2012 - 05:44 AM.

#19 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

The whining really is getting a bit ridiculous in some places. Like Killinger said, people set themselves up with their own absurd expectations, and then blame the company for not meeting them.

I mean, seriously; PGI doesn't owe us a Mechwarrior game, and even though they're making one, they still don't owe us anything more in the meantime than they feel like providing.

Besides, this game's official announcement was three months ago! To borrow from Louis CK, HOW QUICKLY the world owes them something, they didn't even know existed three months ago :)

#20 Kiyoshi Amaya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 366 posts
  • LocationWaiting for PVE Co-op

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:34 AM

It's not just the whining though, it's the arguing. I'm all for discussion but people should have the good grace to provide something tangible to back up their opinions on varying subjects. It's amazing how a discussion quickly turns into an argument these days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users