A Few Questions

2 replies to this topic

#1 Gazza

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

So I just picked up the starter set last week and played a game using the quick start rules and all was smooth. So now I was looking through some mech sheets and I see that missiles have their damage as 1/msl. How does this work?

Also, say there is a unit on a level 3 or 4 hill, does it get any bonuses for being above?

#2 Lord Captian Tobacco

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

Starting with question one:

The missiles are a point(s) per missile basis. If you fire that LRM 20 and 12 hit (see the chart to determine how many), it will do twelve points of damage. BUT then the next step is to break the total damage into groups of five (5) and determine where each group hits (doing five damage to the location). Any extra missiles are bound into a 'short group' and do the respective damage as a regular hit location die roll.

A few steps but easy to remember when you have done a few.

Also, the SRM does two points per missile AND each individual missile which hits (consult the 'missile hits' chart) has its impact location rolled for itself. Four hit? four locations. two points each.

Yes, they can hit the same location multiple times in the same volley.

For the second question:

Unless the rules have changed, no. No bonuses to hit but you get to roll on the 'punch location' chart under MANY circumstances, not all, like waist deep in water, just most.

Hope this helps.

#3 Kaziganthi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, Australia

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

View PostGazza, on 21 September 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

So I just picked up the starter set last week and played a game using the quick start rules and all was smooth. So now I was looking through some mech sheets and I see that missiles have their damage as 1/msl. How does this work?

Also, say there is a unit on a level 3 or 4 hill, does it get any bonuses for being above?

View PostGazza, on 21 September 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

Question 2. No but if they are on level 3 and a lvl 4 is directly in front, they get Partial cover bonus on the enemies to hit roll on weapons combat, not physicals.

If your in physical, and your mech is on lvl 4, and they are on level 3, your kick hit location goes on the punch location table as your are hitting their upper body (cant hit legs as you feet are above their waistline). If the mech on lvl 3 punches the mech on lvl 4, it goes on the kick location table as you are hitting their legs only.

Edited by Kaziganthi, 22 September 2012 - 01:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users