Minimum Requeriments? (MWO being friendly with old pcs)

41 replies to this topic

#21 Matthew Craig

Technical Director

• 867 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

Just wanted to say that, yes we are using CryEngine3 and yes we are pushing for strong visuals, but no that does not mean we are forgetting about budget gamers. We have every intention of ensuring that the game runs well and looks good on average hardware, no one should be forced to upgrade to play our game, if you choose to upgrade to get the absolute best experience then that should be your decision.

#22 pursang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 07 March 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

Just wanted to say that, yes we are using CryEngine3 and yes we are pushing for strong visuals, but no that does not mean we are forgetting about budget gamers. We have every intention of ensuring that the game runs well and looks good on average hardware, no one should be forced to upgrade to play our game, if you choose to upgrade to get the absolute best experience then that should be your decision.

Good news, thanks Matthew!

#23 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

I have an old PC (6+y) with the 2.4GH singlecore as the weakest part.
I did upgrade my GF 9800GT to a nice GF 580 GTX (2gig ram) and i can play Crysis1 and 2 with high details. But playing MWLL is so CPU heavy, the framerate is terrible. (with both grafic cards)
well, at least you see the 6+year old machine is still running.
what would you rather use, a 2750-3000 build Mech with dust and rust, or a newly shipped 3067 Tech3 Machine right out of the factory, to fight against the invading claners? B)
i guess most of us would rather get something fresh and working rather than using hundred years old tech. so why not do the same with your actual PC tech ;)

Edited by Reno Blade, 07 March 2012 - 10:46 PM.

#24 Karyudo ds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

View PostJumbo Machine, on 07 March 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

Not really, think about how many people are casual players or better yet people who recently knows this game(talking about the whole franchise) have "old" pcs, and by old i don't mean the ENIAC. i think they are losing a good slice of the cake right there, if they are aiming only to the stablished fanbase.

What cake? Did you even read my post? This is free and so were the others I mentioned. Rather than buying upgrades and games you can buy an upgrade or two (and probably be fine if what you have isn't good enough already) and play a ton of games with no cake involved. If you don't like the occasional upgrade but want the games there's always the consoles...the ones that have held up PC gaming progress the last few years ;)

#25 Ray Mason

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

I usually look at this from a laptop user point of view. If you’re making a new game it’s important to keep the minimal requirements around mainstream laptop hardware (right now that would be GT540M and an i5 CPU). For example Witcher 2 boasted of having the best visuals ever but also managed to make the game unplayable on vast majority of laptops at that time. The comparison to Crysis 2 can be confusing because it came out on both consoles and PC, most of those games work on minimal requirements (which is the reason I could play Crysis 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Mass Effect on 4 years old laptop). So as long as it’s playable on a mainstream laptop (15.6’’, under 1000USD) it should be absolutely ok for most desktop users.

#26 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 07 March 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

If that's the case that that is great. All the money I've been saving up for a new computer can just go into buying stuff in the game. ;)

#27 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 07 March 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

I have an old PC (6+y) with the 2.4GH singlecore as the weakest part.
I did upgrade my GF 9800GT to a nice GF 580 GTX (2gig ram) and i can play Crysis1 and 2 with high details. But playing MWLL is so CPU heavy, the framerate is terrible. (with both grafic cards)
well, at least you see the 6+year old machine is still running.
what would you rather use, a 2750-3000 build Mech with dust and rust, or a newly shipped 3067 Tech3 Machine right out of the factory, to fight against the invading claners? <_<
i guess most of us would rather get something fresh and working rather than using hundred years old tech. so why not do the same with your actual PC tech ;)

You know for like $150, you could get something that would easily double, if not triple, your framerates. Even just getting a cheap AM3 board and an Athlon II would be a giant improvement (and allow you to use more than, like, 20% of that GPU B) )

Edited by Catamount, 08 March 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#28 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Here's a link to a hardware requirements chart for Crysis 2: Link

#29 Exploding Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

My Mac exceeds the minimum requirements...nice. I don't really play games that often, but I think this will be the one that finally has me putting Windows 7 on my mac.

#30 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

People, RELAX.

I have played Crysis 1 on a AMD XP2800 single core, 2 gb DDR 400 RAM, and a ATI X800 pro video card. It may have been on low settings/ 1024*768 resolution, but it was playable. I'd say as long as you have atleast a P4 2.5ghz/AMD XP2500, 2gigs of RAM, and a x800/6800gt video card, you'll be able to play. Just don't expect eye candy with outdated hardware like that.

#31 Ray Mason

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:25 AM

The issue with Crysis 2 was that I had to use external program to turn of some visual features (Crysis 1 was actually less optimised but had more in game options). Considering maps and models will probably be larger and so on, it might not be all that easy to run. That being said, these things change and we can only speculate.

#32 Beaker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationPreston, UK

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:38 AM

I've recently upgraded from a mid-high machine I bought about 5 years back that i'd just upgraded the GPU on when It needed it (9650BE, 4Gb, GTX260) to a mid-high end machine now (FX-6100, 8Gb, 6850OC), and i've no dear of things not working. It plays everything I throw at it without any problems.

You don't need to spend a fortune to get a good enough experience, because while some people will blow £2000 without thinking about, others prefer not to chuck the value of a new car on their PC. I spent £350 in total on my machine using some old parts, and none of my games even stutter.

#33 bawchicawawa

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:36 AM

View PostShalmyan Moonsong, on 07 March 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

This is a modern game, and you will need at least a 500 dollar wal-mart level Dell or Samsung computer to run this game.

This makes me want to pinch you so hard.
When you are talking about capable computers for a certain game, you mention the cpu/ram/gpu and os. You don't vaguely say "500 walmart computer" like it can play any modern game. They are plain terrible, almost trash worthy, in fact.

Although, a simple low end gpu will take away the bottleneck. But, it will still be trash, imo.

Edited by bawchicawawa, 11 March 2012 - 02:37 AM.

#34 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

View Postbawchicawawa, on 11 March 2012 - 02:36 AM, said:

This makes me want to pinch you so hard.
When you are talking about capable computers for a certain game, you mention the cpu/ram/gpu and os. You don't vaguely say "500 walmart computer" like it can play any modern game. They are plain terrible, almost trash worthy, in fact.

Although, a simple low end gpu will take away the bottleneck. But, it will still be trash, imo.

not to mention the fact that a $500 walmart computer today is different than one sold 6 months ago and will be different than the one that will be for sale in 6 months(about the time this game is released from beta).

#35 Momokiba

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

Main board: P5vdcx, DDR2 533, PCI Express 4x
Memory: 2x kingston KVR 533 D2N4 1gb (no dual chanel)
Graphic interface: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 512 MB, 560MHz GPU core clock, 400 MHz Memory frequency and 1130MHz Shader Clock (The video card is overclocked). It's working at 4x because of the main board limitation, but it supports 16x bus interface.
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 541, Prescott, 3200MHz core clock, 200 MHz Bus speed, 800Mhz Rated FSB.

I'm about to upgrade my PC for this game, im thinking to buy another main board for DDR3 memory and a 16x video card bus interface.
To play the game with a good quality of graphics, I really need to upgrade???
Which kind of upgrade i have to do???
Can someone of the support please answer my question.

#36 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:02 AM

I'd bet the best your going to get with that computer is low setting at 800*600 resolution. I would not invest any money into upgrading that computer, it's just so out of date that anything you buy for it is going to be way over-priced compared to newer hardware.

My suggestion to you, don't upgrade, just replace the whole thing. Your computer is so old it's not worth investing any money into.

#37 Vulpesveritas

• 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

View PostBarbaric Soul, on 11 March 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

not to mention the fact that a $500 walmart computer today is different than one sold 6 months ago and will be different than the one that will be for sale in 6 months(about the time this game is released from beta).

Yeah. Though any $500 computer with an AMD A-series APU is going to do fairly well, and walmart sells them. But you'll get a better deal at office depot... http://www.officedep...8&pr=#undefined
Newegg too:
http://www.newegg.co...ue=1436%3A79468
http://www.newegg.co...lue=402%3A94427

View PostMomokiba, on 16 May 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

Main board: P5vdcx, DDR2 533, PCI Express 4x
Memory: 2x kingston KVR 533 D2N4 1gb (no dual chanel)
Graphic interface: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 512 MB, 560MHz GPU core clock, 400 MHz Memory frequency and 1130MHz Shader Clock (The video card is overclocked). It's working at 4x because of the main board limitation, but it supports 16x bus interface.
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 541, Prescott, 3200MHz core clock, 200 MHz Bus speed, 800Mhz Rated FSB.

I'm about to upgrade my PC for this game, im thinking to buy another main board for DDR3 memory and a 16x video card bus interface.
To play the game with a good quality of graphics, I really need to upgrade???
Which kind of upgrade i have to do???
Can someone of the support please answer my question.

Don't upgrade... just replace altogether. Depending on your budget we can recommend something. Depending on your case you can reuse that, but given the age of your processor if you haven't replaced your PSU you're looking at more or less a complete system changeout, and you may as well get a new case as well at this point, if but only to replace the fans and get updated USB access.

#38 Ayumi Silverfops

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 08 March 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Here's a link to a hardware requirements chart for Crysis 2: Link

Was hoping someone would do this eventually. :)

For those who do not wish to click thru to the link:

Operating system: Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7, with the latest Service Pack
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo at 2Ghz, or AMD Athlon 64 x2 2Ghz, or better
Memory: 2Gb (Vista requires 3Gb)
Hard disk space: 9Gb
Video: NVidia 8800GT with 512Mb RAM, ATI 3850HD with 512Mb RAM, or better
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card

Notes: Expect minimum of 20 FPS at a resolution of 1024x768

These are the specs that were recommended by VR-Zone after benchmarking the game:

Recommended: 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo / A64 X2 CPU, 3GB RAM, GTX280 / HD4870, 1GB Video Memory, DX9.0, Shader Model 3.0/4.0, Windows XP, 30fps @ 1650 x 1080

Highly Recommended: 3GHz Core i7 4GB RAM, GTX560Ti / HD4870 X2, 1.8GB Video Memory, DX11, Shader Model 3.0/4.0, Windows 7, 30fps @ 1920 x 1200

This SHOULD give you at least a starting point to compare against your current system and should you need suggestions for upgrade options I'm sure there are plenty here who would be willing to help. But, bottom line, if you find a system that runs Crysis 2 well you should be pretty safe running MWO.

Edited by patricia silverfox, 16 May 2012 - 07:28 AM.

#39 king113

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:22 AM

Intel Pentium dual core 2.3Ghz
2GB ram DDR II
Graphic card: ATI Mobility Redeon HD 5470 - Internal DAC 400MHz - 1GB DDR3/ total memory 1776
LapTop MSI CX 605
is those will run the new Mech online ?????

Edited by king113, 20 May 2012 - 04:24 AM.

#40 mechnut450

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 112 posts
  • Locationusa baby

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

you know it a shame they can't run a demo trailer for us to play with like 3025 had while working out the bugs and allow it to collect a rough ideal od people specs like they run a singe core or mutli core and their os version, and miner things like that so they can can get feel of the current level of intrest and even a rough ideal of any compatiblity fixes needed if not yet found. I know my card is dirext x 10 but I am not sure when I will upgrade to a directx 11 or so card since my card still out powers the 520 gt cards I finding locally for sell

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users