25 replies to this topic

#1 Agent of Change

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

I call on the mechwarrior community during Assault weekend for everyone who doesn't want to pilot an Assault mech or participate in the competition to make things more difficult for everyone that does.

Please If you are not running an assault mech or participating in the contest, run, the fastest thing you have.

Cap first, Cap fast, Cap like there is no tomorrow.

Remind Assault Mechs of their only weakness

Teach the Fat boys how to defend their base or lose.

Have fun goin' fast.

See ya out there!

And assault pilots, if you have issues with my approach, i should remind you it's valid and "i'm running an build that wins" that's whats important right? ;)

#2 BGabric

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Im game

#3 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

If I cannot cap people I will consider it a victory

#4 Ice Cream Mech

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

I've entered the Assault weekend but in no way will it stop me from playing lights, meds. or heavys.

Challenge accepted and I consider it part of the fun this weekend!

#5 Asmodeus8888

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

shoot legs off tiny mechs

#6 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

;)

AoC, you CRA-ZAY!!

I can dig it.

#7 NinetyProof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

Put down the glue ... step away from the glue ....

Why do you want the big iron to defend the base? instead of marching out to the meat grinder?

And why would any big iron actually stay there to get torn up by a pair of lites? Seriously ... just cause your a little touched in the head doesn't mean the rest of us are.

Battle / Meat grinding is how you earn CB / XP. Winning adds to this ... so go assist / kill a bunch of stuff, THEN go cap!

#8 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Capping all the things this weekend...

#9 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostNinetyProof, on 19 April 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

Put down the glue ... step away from the glue ....

Why do you want the big iron to defend the base? instead of marching out to the meat grinder?

And why would any big iron actually stay there to get torn up by a pair of lites? Seriously ... just cause your a little touched in the head doesn't mean the rest of us are.

Battle / Meat grinding is how you earn CB / XP. Winning adds to this ... so go assist / kill a bunch of stuff, THEN go cap!

but that allows assault mechs to get good scores....

#10 WaddeHaddeDudeda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationAllocation Relocation Dislocation

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

People are still giving a **** about those ridiculous excuses of solo player "tourneys" in a TEAMgame?

#11 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

I take a offense this is in jettisoned I was encouraging a discussion about a tournament encouraging playing an assault when everyone was already running an assault and proposing a light

at best i should be in GD

at worst i should be in K-town because (if you look at it this way) i was clearly trying to invoking nasty responses for my own amusement.

Either way we should the meta needs to be challenged and i might start a new thread

:D

#12 HitmanZero

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

bomb the russians... like a bauss?

Edited by HitmanZero, 19 April 2013 - 08:38 PM.

#13 Nexx Valasek

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 39 posts
  • Locationalberta, canada

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

the assault meta must change.
YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO REVEAL OUR PRESENCE TO THE WORLD!
IT IS YOUR ASSAULTS WORST NIGHTMARE WE SEEK WITH EVERY WAKING BREATH!!
join the cap side.... we have cookies

#14 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

So far it's a success

some people have tried to shoot us in spawn... a sign that they are learning we will cap.

some people are *gasp* actually defending their bases.

only three more days to go.

#15 Smeehee

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationRed Dwarf

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

I don't care about the assaults, but I do care about all the PPC/Gauss poptart snipers out where. Always glad to get a game with different tactics in it.

#16 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:42 AM

I am participating in the event. Not doing good, as I am not piloting a so called "optimized build", but participating.

I still wish you good luck in your endeavor to win by cap!

#17 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

I am, by nature, an assault pilot
and I approve this message.

#18 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

First night of the contest I new I was going to have trouble when I saw a cicada flank my team wide and go for base on alpine. I turned my atlas around and luckely so did a dragon team mate. We marched back to base to defend.

The dragon who was heavily damaged already charged into the base to hold the capture. In doing so the dragon pilot was destroyed, but he bought me enough time to get my atlas back to base. On my way in I spotted a commando, cicada and a hunchback. The commando and hunchback thought they could watch his team cap the base from a hill top. I put an AC20 round into his back, the hunchback next to him ducked behind the hill and flanked the base to the left.

At this point I lost track of the cicada, I know he was there, I think it moved off to help the other members of his team.

As I lumbered up the ramp to cap the dragon teammate died. I spotted an enemy dragon standing still on the other side of the cap point trying to snipe. The dragon was mostly untouched. When I cleared the drilling rig I stopped and cored him out with my med lasers and AC20. The hunchback then came at me from my left side and tried a circling tactic around the drill. I blew off his right torso then put SRMs and a 20 round into his CT killing him.

I turned around to look for any more enemy mechs. Thats when a cicada came running around a low hill. He charged in and tried the same tactic as the hunchback. It died faster. A few seconds later two enemy atlases that took the long way around the mountain showed up. I ripped apart one of them and was one good med laser strike to the CT away from killing it when they brought me down.

There was a Highlander sniper build left on my team. He was trying to snipe the atlases while they moved in on me. I think he killed the atlas that I all but cored before he was killed by the remaining enemy atlas.

I destroyed half of the enemy team and crippled an enemy atlas, while preventing them from winning a cap victory. This as accomplished because I knew when I had to turn back and defend. I did not do this alone. Good team work on behalf of the dragon pilot made this happen. It is also worth nothing that the those two enemy atlases were along with the cicada tore into my team while I headed back to base. That delayed them long enough for the dragon pilot and I to get back to the base and attack the three mechs there.

Sure we lost them match, but a good effort by members of my team almost won the match, and it made the enemy players, the ones who actually helped each other, really earn that win in the best way possible.

Edited by Dirus Nigh, 21 April 2013 - 07:53 AM.

#19 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

TBH, I haven't entered the Competition. But I would have thought mature discussion might be a more sensible proposal of ensuring the message gets across than protests, at least then people will get to understand the issues. However I'm sure the current Meta arrangement isn't generally lost on the player base or PGI who have indicated future ideas of potential drop limitation mechanics to provide greater variety, which has been understood as something to expect changes for already, so your efforts are in fact moot.

However, there is nothing wrong with avoiding confrontation and going for bases caps for a win instead IG, but I question the real value in making it an effective protest effort and or feeling the need to have to justify the need for such, which seems to be a non-event by all appearances btw.

#20 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Who said anything about it being a protest?

Assault>Heavy>Medium>Light>Assault.

With so many assaults on the field this weekend, it only makes sense that if you're not piloting an assault, you pilot a light.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users