Current Draconis Combine units?

16 replies to this topic

#1 Cyttorak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationAlbany, OR, USA

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

As stated elsewhere, we don't know the structure of units in-game until the devs get around to finishing the factions (i.e. Metagame)

In the meantime, I'm thinking of pledging my allegiance to the Combine and I want to know what DC-based merc companies are up and running right now. Is there a comprehensive list?

If not, then I guess I'll have to go through all the pages in this forum looking for them.

#2 muskrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

Konnichi-wa Cyttorak

Our website http://www.housekurita.org

visit unit recruitment thread to see merc units acting for and loyal to the Combine, there is also a thread for members
that intend to play as a "House Warrior"

feel free to visit and roam around

Bow
Muskrat

#3 Cyttorak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationAlbany, OR, USA

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

Thank you, it was just what I was looking for! :angry:

#4 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

The 9th Sword of the Dragon is recruiting as well. You can reach our site at 9this word.org.

-k

#5 Fizban

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

Ryuken-ni-Sorei is a SEA/Oceania based regiment with an active social (as well as gaming can be) network. Still welcoming new recruits; regardless of location but bearing in mind that we are primarily SEA/Oceania. Head on over to our recruiting grounds within the House Kurita website located [color="#ffa504"]http://ryuken.housekurita.org/[/color]

#6 Kurayami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 916 posts
  • LocationSochi

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

RavenWood ru unit of DCMS http://ravenwood.1gb.ru

#7 Zhiel

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

I am currently trying to get into the 1st Ghost under "Zhiel", but cannot post on the forums in housekurita.org.

#8 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

Go here first, ask for access- http://www.housekuri...pic.php?f=4&t=5

#9 Markus Kurita

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

@Muskrat
Im curious what you mean by "play as a 'House Warrior''? And that all the units listed there are 'mercenary' units?
My understanding is that a mercenary has no allegiance. Hence, for example, the units named after actual canon DCMS units are House Warriors, not mercenaries. Or am I missing something?

Barring some statement to the contrary from the devs, it seems to me that if a bunch of Kuritan warriors form a 1st Genyosha group, they ARE the 1st Genyosha arm of the DCMS, not just some mercenary clan.

#10 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

Markus,

He is referring to the limitations set by the game. Piranha has already said that when planet capture begins, there will be no player run house regiments. The canon house regiments will be in game, and you can join them as a matter of status, but you cannot lead them, control their ranks, who gets into them, etc. Thus by "house warriors" he means people joining House Kurita, but still maintaining their rank structure and CoC for their regiment via a third party source: website, email, teamspeak etc.

Some units from other games have elected to go mercenary but only take House Kurita contracts, because as a mercenary they can control their ranking structure, who gets into their unit, etc. So it is more of a game limitation rather than roleplay.

#11 muskrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Kwa Markus,
The Devs will control all house units at the start of Community Warfare, they will eventually pass "limited" control to "players" after enough "loyalty points" are earned and (my understanding) this will equate to "rank" All house decisions will be made by Devs, until some players gain rank/loyalty to have an "input"

Units listed under "unit recruitment" are currently "Mercs" at present and will decide to "stay" merch or turn "House Warrior" when Community Warfare comes out, except for "MWO House Warrior"
Those of us listed under this thread will join HK as a plain old soldier for HK when CW goes live, and work toward a "favored" cannon unit (if it is available) example is myself, I want to join 3rd Dieron Regulars (an old unit from Solaris days) some of the "Merc" units are using near cannon names because MWO will not allow Cannon units at this time. The 1st Ghost Legion is one such group, The are 1st ghost in name only on the website, they group together and play as a team. Most units have teamspeak servers - you just need to see which unit fits you, apply, and start playing .
I hope I got this correct, others can chime in if I have misrepresented anything.
(bow)

#12 Markus Kurita

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hi guys
Thank you! That explains a lot actually. Although, not that I doubt you, but could you point me to your info source? Id be interested to hear more.

Ah. Well....thats ********. It makes sense but is still frustrating. The whole draw, for me, of an online community as friendly (generally) and tight as this one is being able to do something that MATTERS. Sounds like nothing we do will ever really have an impact. Awesome. On that note I suppose I will wait and become a House Warrior...although if it turns out to be a Halo-esque rush to farm honor points through good K/D ratios, thats the day I abandon any hope for enjoying the faction side of things.

#13 muskrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Markus,
Go to "Developers Corner" then in upper right search for "Community Warfare"

#14 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostMarkus Kurita, on 31 October 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

Ah. Well....thats ********. It makes sense but is still frustrating. The whole draw, for me, of an online community as friendly (generally) and tight as this one is being able to do something that MATTERS. Sounds like nothing we do will ever really have an impact. Awesome. On that note I suppose I will wait and become a House Warrior...although if it turns out to be a Halo-esque rush to farm honor points through good K/D ratios, thats the day I abandon any hope for enjoying the faction side of things.
It should be pointed out that this does in no way exclude the creation of individual sub-sections such as lances or companies within these canon regiments, with the sections free to be administered as per the wishes of its members. No-one will prevent you from simply recruiting some warriors and join the same regiment in the game, and then create a Teamspeak channel and/or a website/forum for a unit within that regiment.

The only thing this system prevents is allowing individual gamers to take full ownership of an entire canon regiment because it was popular and they happened to be the first who registered it. Just look at how many groups are already competing for names such as the "Wolf's Dragoons" or some of the bigger Clans to see an example of this behavior.

Hai, as far as the game is concerned, you would always be just a member of "regiment X" commanded by "NPC Y", not some specific sub-section of it, but then again would it really matter? The bulk of organisation is done on external media in any way. At least this way you can fight directly for the Dragon, and you have the luxury of fighting alongside other warriors of your faction even when your own unit is temporarily unavailable because few people are online when you feel like playing a match or two. This way, you will still serve the Dragon by aiding to accumulate control over a contested world. Merc players, by the game's nature being treated as independents, will not be able to contribute in the same way.

Also, I recommend reading this thread over at the Dragon's Den of the House Kurita website. It contains much valuable information and discussion about Community Warfare, including excerpts from the PC Gamer article:
http://www.housekuri...&t=195&start=30
(note: you need to be an authorized user to view this topic, meaning having registered as a Combine samurai)

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 03 November 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#15 Drabor

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

I played the original Mechwarrior when it was on the GEnie online service. I was in charge of the 15th Benjamin Regulars. Wonder if they willl bring any of those groups in for this game.

Drabor

#16 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

I hope to see the District Regular Forces in the game, too - the fancy elite ones are sure to be in, but will we be able to join one of the rank-and-file regiments or will the game simply lump everyone not fighting in one of the "big names" together in a general DCMS category?

I truly wish we would hear more about the developers' plans for Community Warfare ...

#17 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hurry up and wait, that's the way it goes...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users