Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

Kill the Meat... Save the Metal

#22 Name140704

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

LosTech...

Keep it rare and expensive. Double heat sinks....uhg. I love 3025 era most because it doesn't have them.

#23 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

Well I like the idea
No crazy OP merc heads till everyone learns the game.

About lostech who needs them.....

#24 Lyon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLumberton, MS

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

Not only will the use of base-level tech help the real tacticians (simpler numbers, people!), it will utterly cripple Clanners, it will anger those no-heat-unlimited-ammo MW4 gamers, and will create a whole new group of players who won't know anything but the accurate way Battletech is played.

@Piranha Games:

I love you guys!

#25 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostLyon, on 08 March 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

Not only will the use of base-level tech help the real tacticians (simpler numbers, people!), it will utterly cripple Clanners, it will anger those no-heat-unlimited-ammo MW4 gamers, and will create a whole new group of players who won't know anything but the accurate way Battletech is played.

@Piranha Games:

I love you guys!

+1

#26 phalanx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBenjamin District

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

Anything that refers to the Grey Death Legion as lapdogs makes me smile.

#27 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostLyon, on 08 March 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

@Piranha Games:

I love you guys!

Admittedly, I don't see how having the high-tech LosTech items be rare and generally restricted to the hands of high-level House units would "utterly cripple Clanners" (whose basic technologies as of 3049 are on par with the Houses' recovered LosTech). :D
(Said Clanners are still going down, though... :P)

+1 to the rest! :o

#28 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

....shiny...

Here, Here, Jacob Hardenson!

Let the glamour go to the heads of those dragoons, legions and all other fancy pants. Leave the sell-sword dirty fighting to honest dirty mercs. Here, Here, Jacob Hardenson!

Azman, MercNet, 9 March 3049

#29 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

Here Here!

#30 Lyon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLumberton, MS

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 08 March 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

Admittedly, I don't see how having the high-tech LosTech items be rare and generally restricted to the hands of high-level House units would "utterly cripple Clanners" (whose basic technologies as of 3049 are on par with the Houses' recovered LosTech). :D
(Said Clanners are still going down, though... :P)

+1 to the rest! :o

Ah, but I was speaking of the Clanners waiting in our ranks right now. They're the ones who are crippled by having to use Inner Sphere tech for months until the Clans invade. This means there is no opportunity for insufferable noobs to grab uberweapons on launch date. No Blood Spirits, no Kerensky-esque l33t speech, and no 87-kph horribly-beweaponed 75-tonners.

Their tears will taste like victory, and although that situation will only last for a few months, it will hold me for quite a while.

#31 Iron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostListless Nomad, on 08 March 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

I don't think that was a derisive comment - I think it was just telling people - shut up about elite weapons. Only the elite get them. Probably a hint that the highest rank house players get to join elite house units and then finally get access to good weapons.

I dont think this is saying you have to be in an elite unit to get the good stuff i think this is more of a message to the crowd that is saying there is nothing to work towards if you open all of the mech classes at the start of the game

#32 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

Hardenson really seems to have a axe to grind with the Dragoons and the Legion, jealous much? :P

OC:
Glad they posted this. Allot of people forget that in the early stories, the average grunt didn't even know what a Pules Laser look like until the Clanners started shooting at them. The GDL had lvl 1 tech machines well into the Fed Com Civil War.

#33 GDL Wolfpack

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

First we are "Holy'r than Thou" then were "Lapdogs"? Really? Keep bringin the love, it gets us all warm an fuzzy like before a drop.

Standard tech, lostech, imaginarytech, doesn't matter in the long run. I'll give em that, it takes a certain kind o' mind to strap into a walking nuke reactor and shoot at each other, and some is better at it an others regardless of what slag is laid out on a net transmission.

Course any merc worth his coolant vest will tell ya if its lighter, shoots farther, and hits harder, I'll be strappin it on my rig as fast as I can afford the damn thing. More killin means more creds in the bank account, means more shiny bits and so on.

You want to walk a wreck into a hot LZ? More power to ya, if you got the skills to walk it back out, you earned your pay and respect, just don't come cryin to me when some shiny bits slag your ride before you ever get into range.

#34 Randal Waide

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 217 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

Blackhearts!

#35 EDMW CSN

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

Keyword. SALVAGE.

#36 GDL Rahsan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

Of course the Legion don't use LosTech we only use FOUNDTech, other than that all I see is hate directed towards the Legion, serves us right for actually giving that Helm Memory Core to others in hopes that the IS would start rebuilding. :P

#37 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

very interesting. kinda like saying if u want access to buy the best equipment u better be elite before 3050

#38 Polymorphyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 489 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

Lostech is only a great assest so long as it is rare- whats the point of having it if everyone does? Then its really just the new basic tech.

#39 Chronolith

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

Give me a Large Laser and a couple of LRM 20 racks any day of the week over that fancy, centuries-old ****.

#40 Smooch

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 08 March 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

Keep it locked and loaded, gents.
-Jacob Hardenson, MercNet

Not all of us are gents. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users