Spreading the Love

6 replies to this topic

#1 Patriarc

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

A didnt even know that they were making another mech warrior until last week, bit then i saw my friend beta testing and i went home, giddy and nerding in my pants, ran to my computer and immidiately went to this page. I signed up for beta testing and here i am. Buti am a huge fan of the past mech warriors. I thought they were brilliant. So did many people i am sure. But do they know? So i am starting thisnlittle newbie (but hopefully effective) forum just to tell people to spread the word you know? Tell friends that would be interested, tell facebook friends to look into it a bit, just tell people about it. Not necissarily(sp?) MW fans only, but robot games in general! So go forth my fellow pilots and superior pilots and spread Mech Warrior love to the world! Just dont overload the sight ok? ;)

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:53 AM

The PC Gamer magazine will have a MWO over store next issue, that will put the word out to millions

I've been telling everyone I know ,of course, but it's big marketing moves that MWO has been lacking

If you're still PENDING you can get a free mwo key from TenTonHammer.com, another gaming news site with an mwo cover story

#3 Bansheedragon75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

Hey Welcome to MWO.
Always nice with new faces here.
And by all means spread the word about the game.

If you do get into beta, please keep in mind the game is not finished.
Its still a work in progress, so please do not expect a finished game, or get angry if it dont live up to your expectations.
There will be bugs, missing features and performance problems.

Edited by Dragonlord, 23 September 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#4 Kyrie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:11 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 23 September 2012 - 03:53 AM, said:

The PC Gamer magazine will have a MWO over store next issue, that will put the word out to millions

I've been telling everyone I know ,of course, but it's big marketing moves that MWO has been lacking

If you're still PENDING you can get a free mwo key from TenTonHammer.com, another gaming news site with an mwo cover story

Big marketing moves would be more consistent with Open Beta. As its still in CB it would be unwise to stoke the fires too hot until a clear release date is in hand...

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

It has been too early for big marketing pushes. PC Gamer will mark the beginning of their big push and will be on newsstands all over north america shortly :)

#6 Kyrie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

Good point... kinda seems to beg the question though. :-)

Looks like [completely speculating here] Open Beta may be not so far off!

#7 TheRuntMan

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 43 posts
  • LocationAlaska, U.S.

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

I have already told two of my friends that haven't heard of MechWarrior yet (or BattleTech, for that matter). One of them seemed pretty impressed, the other one I don't know. He's a mecha fan, but he seemed to like the series. I told another friend who is kinda a lukewarm fan, but he doesnt really want to play because it's MP only. The game is free, I told him, but he still doesnt really want to try come launch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users