Which faction rewards would you like to see in game?

17 replies to this topic

#1 IxxxI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:26 AM

Serving the Celestial Wisdom of House Liao is reward in itself. Except this honor, what else would you like to see as benefits for serving your House?

Let me start:
  • Loyal warrior/lance/company can receive offer from renown elite regiment (access for faction ranking system, access to strategic operations planning, some fluff color schemes+insignia for 'Mech)
  • Loyal warrior can afford to buy best equipment to prevail on the battlefield (access to the lostech, as mentioned here)
  • Loyal warrior dominated battlefield from the skies (access company personal dropship = tactical bonuses during campaigns or something similar)
  • Loyal warrior is recognized by wise ruler (payment bonus, discount for faction's 'Mechs, et.c.)

#2 Kiff Stevenson

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationCanada District, Capella

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

I really like the idea of having a relatively sophisticated in-faction military hierarchy.

The idea that there are 'regular' units that faction members can belong/be assigned to, and 'elite' formations that you can be promoted to according to your performance on the battlefield. I do think it's important that you NOT BE ABLE TO BUY ADMITTANCE INTO THE DEATH COMMANDOS OR RED HEART GUARD, though.

. . . on the other hand, maybe the developers can make the whole "I want to buy my commission in an awesome prestige unit!" faction-specific too! - i.e. - you can't buy your way into the Red Heart Guard, but you CAN buy your way into the Lyran Royal Guard!

That way, we could see the clans smash a bunch of inept, credit-card toting 'social generals' over in the AFFC!

:P

#3 IxxxI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

View PostKiff_Stevenson, on 09 March 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

I really like the idea of having a relatively sophisticated in-faction military hierarchy.

The idea that there are 'regular' units that faction members can belong/be assigned to, and 'elite' formations that you can be promoted to according to your performance on the battlefield. I do think it's important that you NOT BE ABLE TO BUY ADMITTANCE INTO THE DEATH COMMANDOS OR RED HEART GUARD, though.

. . . on the other hand, maybe the developers can make the whole "I want to buy my commission in an awesome prestige unit!" faction-specific too! - i.e. - you can't buy your way into the Red Heart Guard, but you CAN buy your way into the Lyran Royal Guard!

That way, we could see the clans smash a bunch of inept, credit-card toting 'social generals' over in the AFFC!

Totally agree, I never meant 'buying' or grinding option. Access = you may try to show results worth of elite unite like Death Commandos, not to grind some LP to join them.

#4 Kiff Stevenson

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationCanada District, Capella

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

Indeed. I don't think there's any need to rehash the whole "I hope this won't be 'pay-to-win'" debate. I think the devs have done a good job of quelling those fears.

However, I do think that there could be a really cool role-playing element introduced by allowing Lyran players (for example) to purchase admittance into advanced units.

I can just hear the Steiner folks now: "That would suck! That would mean OUR elite units would be filled with people who purchased their Lostech, while Capellan players (and others) had to earn it through results!"

My response to that would be: "Welcome to the Lyran military."

#5 Joyless

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPGI's air conditioning

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

It would be good to have rewards for most kills or most scout exp earned in certain events that then allow you to be recruited.
Although this happens on an informal level anyway in PvP mmo's

If done right it can give a real sense of prestige. Although it can be badly far too easily...

#6 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

I wouldn't take that "Ohh...shiny" story for real when it comes to lostech.

#7 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

Humility is a virtue.

(OOC: Field Manual: Capellan Confederation (and afaik House Handbook: House Liao too) contain informations about what honors a warrior can attain. Imho, whatever can be unlocked shouldn't affect gameplay, then again, easier access to house specific tech would be nice.)

#8 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

I want a free Raven/Vindicator/Cataphract/Catapult/Charger-1A5/Snake/Huron Warrior/Thunder.

#9 Felix Dracc

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

A interesting idea I have to say, all thou as has been mentioned with certain factions buying your post is fairly common it's just more common in some states than others.

#10 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

if you are old enough, cigars and cognac ! =)

#11 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

As posted in the other thread, we get discounts on green for our mechpainting.

#12 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

Mech-mounted cavalry banner <_<
Posted Image

#13 adin22

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

I wouldnt mind a xp bonus or something along those lines

#14 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

Lima - I thought the Shin Legion already did that with their 'welcome to interesting times' banners? ;)

#15 SmartAlec

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:31 AM

Perhaps some sort of "Highly loyal MechWarrior only super elite matches." You could pull it off as a special ops type thing, high risk high reward. You could even swing it as a way to balance the game for more casual players vs the hardcore merc corps. You could run the exact same maps/ battles, but with the hard core (and thus high loyalty) players against a larger number of casual gamers. Then it's fun for the casual gamer because they aren't getting steamrolled (and I'm sure all the veteran MMOers out there know what that's like), and it's fun for the hardcore guys because it's more challenging. In the end, both teams have more fun, the rewards are proportionate, and there's plenty of roleplaying gold built right in!

#16 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

View PostDaidachi, on 13 March 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

Lima - I thought the Shin Legion already did that with their 'welcome to interesting times' banners? :D

I doubt Shin Legion can win some loyalty rewards in 3049... At least in CC.

#17 Bernardo Sinibaldi

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationThe Perfumed Garden, Cathay

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

<InUniverse>
I've racked up a small debt at the Perfumed Garden in Cathay and could do with someone covering that. And maybe the same again next month. Or perhaps a little more - best be on the safe side. That'd be nice. I don't need medals - they only get in the way when it's time to party.
</ InUniverse>

<OutUniverse>
As a Merc I wouldn't expect to receive faction-specific bonuses other than perhaps receiving discounts against material supplied by the faction they are fighting for or bonuses that perhaps rise based on loyalty to a faction. I'm all in favour of there being a rich rewards system within factions though - I'm in favour of depth wherever it can be found.
</OutUniverse>

#18 Seabear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Texas

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

I would like to see :
1. admission to elite units for successful companies who fulfill their objects NOT who have the most kills..
2. early access to devloping technology.
3. access to house stratetgic planning.
4. house specific mechs as they are introduced into the game.
I think success should be defined as the fulfillment of one's mission not the number of kills. Sun Tzo sayes the greatest general is the one who succeds without fighting a battle . That's not going to happen in this universe, but it is possible, and quite probable that some one, will run up a high kill score but never carry out their assignments. High kill scores belong on Solaris. High mission success on the battlefield is what deserves recognition and reward, otherwise, this becomes "kill, kill, kill" without regard to why one is fighting.

Edited by Seabear, 15 March 2012 - 10:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users