6889 replies to this topic

#1 CoreWatch

• Pip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 15 posts
  • LocationConway, SC

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

Black Widow Company - a gaming Company (not guild) - is recruiting. We are an international community, with a large player base in North America, the United Kingdom, and Europe, though you will find some of our members in the Middle East, Africa, and Australia as well.

We are a veteran-run, military-style, multi-game Company. You can expect a highly organized unit that provides training, teamwork, and a professional gaming attitude. Roughly half of our members are active-duty military, prior service, retired, and/or combat veterans. Note, a military background is *NOT* required. We are competitive, but we are not serious to the point of raging about it. We're in this game for competition and fun, not for role-play or e-peen wars. We don't care about your faction or other merc units; we care about having a good fight. Because we are competitive and organized, we do have minimum expectations for recruitment. See the TL/DR version immediately below.

BWC's Website:
http://www.the-bwc.com

TL/DR VERSION:

Recruitment into BWC will require a small amount of commitment on the part of potential recruits:
1) Players must post a recruitment application on the BWC forums using the application template on the forums.
2) Players will be required to read and /sign the SOP (our charter), provided they wish to continue the recruitment process.
3) We require members to sign up on the BWC Operations Server and place their Fruit Salad signature banner in their forum profile (BWC forums only).
4) Playing whilst on Teamspeak3 is required.
5) Recruits will go through a two-week evaluation period where they are expected to be active, to play with the rest of us, and participate in a few events tailored to evaluation of new players.

If these basic tasks are beyond your comprehension, do not apply. We don't need you and we don't want you. We say this not to be elitist, but because you cannot put forth a minimum amount of expected effort to be more than a zergling recruit. Sorry, but that's how it goes - we require capable warriors. Not people who need their hand held. Don't get a case of mads - join, or not. Either way we'll still be fighting.

You can theoretically stop reading there if you hate reading walls of text. If you want to know more, keep reading.

EXTENDED CUT - ABOUT US:

BWC is an award-winning gaming company which has been around for ten years, mostly in first-person shooters and MMOs. In that time we have built a solid reputation in online gaming as a gaming Company that believes in integrity, fair play, and teamwork. We are active in multiple online games, most of them shooters. There is a dedicated chain of command, well over 300 active members, close to a thousand in our entire history across at least eight different official games, an established Battle Decorations program that allows members to earn awards, and a Standard Operating Procedure that serves as our charter and code of conduct. Members may enter as a recruit and remain at that rank if they wish, or they can "buck for promotion" - we have a rank system and promotion system that mimics the US Army's promotion points system. All of this is tracked via our forum and what we call the Operations Server or OpServ for short - where we plan out official operations in OPORDER format. Voice comms will be required; we use Teamspeak3 as our poison of choice.

Players who elect to sign on with BWC can expect to find their brothers-in-arms ready and willing to support them on the virtual battlefield. We practice teamwork, communication, and coordination. Our reputation as a military-style unit truly began in the world's first and only true MMO-FPS, Planeside. Ever since the closed-beta days we have applied lessons learned on the virtual battlefield as well as real-world battlefields from small unit tactics to combined arms assaults. We took those lessons a step further and are a renowned award-winning scenario paintball team up and down the east coast of the United States with a reputation for frontline grunts, hard-hitting spec-ops tactics, and a Never Quit attitude. Our professional reputation means that our service is highly sought-after by scenario woods ball generals at big-name big game scenarios. We apply this same mentality in every game that we play, without compromising our desire to have fun and blow stuff up. When you work with the BWC, even if you're not a member, you know you're getting a coordinated strike force that will not quit. And if you *are* a member, even if you're not the most skilled shooter you are a part of the team and help drive us to victory.

LINKS:

BWC's Website:
http://www.the-bwc.com

You can check us out on Facebook:
Online Gaming: http://www.facebook....gid=35711118725
Scenario Paintball: https://www.facebook...ackwidowcompany

Mechwarrior: Living Legends Wiki:
http://wiki.mechlivi...k_Widow_Company

Planetside Wiki:
http://www.planetsid....php?odb_id=209
http://wiki.planetsi...k_Widow_Company

Regards,
RighteousFury
Black Widow Company
Regimental Commanding Officer

Edited by CoreWatch, 11 December 2015 - 06:04 AM.

#2 Degrifter

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

I've been with BWC Since Roughly 2008. I've seen things that's happened that are good and things that are bad.. but I'll tell you this. I wouldn't have it any other way. These people are the paragons of Teamwork. Their tactics are adapted straight from the military and their success is well documented throughout Planetside in addition to other games that they play. The cold hard fact of the matter is that this is a group that prides itself on integrity and teamwork. So why not give them a chance?

#3 terminator

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:46 AM

*** I think i was part of you guys in battletech 3025. At least i believe so, it was soo long ago i do not remember. Were you guys part of house Davion? I had the callsign ssj4megaman.. If I am right, then teamwork was definitely what drew me to you guys. Do you guys keep old records that far?

Edited by terminator, 01 November 2011 - 12:49 AM.

#4 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:17 AM

Greetings !! BWC !

Good to see you again Firefly!

keep the phone handy, House Liao will employ BWC!

>VDB<

#5 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:57 AM

Terminator: the name SSJ4Megaman sounds very familiar, I don't have our old forums currently linked up to the new ones, but feel free to drop on by and check us out. If it turns out you were thinking of someone else you're welcome to withdraw, or stay if you like it.

Metro: good to see you. I'll give you my special happy-ending discount. :)

#6 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

View Postfirefly, on 01 November 2011 - 04:57 AM, said:

Terminator: the name SSJ4Megaman sounds very familiar, I don't have our old forums currently linked up to the new ones, but feel free to drop on by and check us out. If it turns out you were thinking of someone else you're welcome to withdraw, or stay if you like it.

Metro: good to see you. I'll give you my special happy-ending discount. :)

and I knew I could count on you. :D Except when I drive all the way to Maryland and your not home! :D

#7 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:27 AM

You can always rely on us. And you'll need to call before you come down :-P I'm a busy chap.

#8 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:37 AM

well it will be a while before you see me my friend as I am now living in london on assignment.

But I am hoping to be back in the state, next spring.

#9 Spectr

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationEverywhere and Nowhere

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:43 AM

Yo, Spectr here, been with the BWC for about 7 months and if you like a casual atmosphere with excellent teamwork when it counts, BWC may be for you!!! :)

On another note, time to play Mechwarrior 4 again in preparation. Haven't gotten my fix of mech combat in a while.

#10 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:44 AM

Hello Gentlemen /me raises his glass.

#11 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:59 AM

Hello there, Gentleman Johnny!

#12 GenDread

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:36 AM

Interesting ... LtGen. Dread < Black Widow > *M* here. i founded the Black Widows back on MPBT:Solaris on AOL then we moved to Gamestorm... So theres no confusion or a double up on the name... perhaps we should talk? im sure some of the MPBT players will remember me as well as the house leaders from back then < We gave them hell > lol. The Widows were the largest merc unit in the game with a stiff structure and chain of command, We had trials for rank advancement and a solid 200+ members. So theres no conflict of intrest perhaps we should get together and talk a bit?

#13 NatashaKerensky

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

Naturally, I approve. :)

#14 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

View PostGenDread, on 04 November 2011 - 07:36 AM, said:

Interesting ... LtGen. Dread < Black Widow > *M* here. i founded the Black Widows back on MPBT:Solaris on AOL then we moved to Gamestorm... So theres no confusion or a double up on the name... perhaps we should talk? im sure some of the MPBT players will remember me as well as the house leaders from back then < We gave them hell > lol. The Widows were the largest merc unit in the game with a stiff structure and chain of command, We had trials for rank advancement and a solid 200+ members. So theres no conflict of intrest perhaps we should get together and talk a bit?

You're more than welcome to join us, or go your own way. I will be happy to discuss this with you via email. I'll PM you my email address.

#15 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:50 AM

hmmm...I hope you guys can work it out.

As I know both commanders and both units....

I will await the outcome.

#16 Che Rambo

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:17 AM

I've been with BWC for roughly six or seven years now and there is a very good reason for that. BWC is unique in that this community manages to incorporate the very best aspects of discipline, integrity, dedication but most of all fun. If you enjoy getting the most out of your gaming experience than BWC is an excellent option. Teamwork and camaraderie are the name of the game and in that game BWC is a heavy weight. I sincerely hope that those mature individuals looking for a truly dynamic and irreplaceable gaming experience will consider joining the BWC family.

#17 Slepnair

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:42 PM

I have been with BWC for roughly 5 years and don't plan to leave. Great group of people. When we coordinate.. things get destroyed.

BWC For Life ~~ Slepnair

Edited by Slepnair, 04 November 2011 - 01:43 PM.

#18 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

i concur gents, which is why i said I hope it works out for the BWC as a whole that things work to the best of all.

#19 GenDread

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

No Worry Gents, Firefly and I have an open com... i really have no intrest in leading again though i am interested in being around. <<shrugs>> im not here to ruffle feathers im just here :)

#20 Demongirl

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPoised for Orbital Bombardment

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

I've been with the BWC for a few years now, and I can't wait to play one of my favorite games with one of my favorite groups of people! The Company is made up of experienced players who know how to work well together and get the job done.

Stop by our forums and read the history if you'd like to familiarize yourself with the Company; then feel free to apply to join and carry on the legacy of greatness!

Edited by demongirl, 04 November 2011 - 04:40 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users