6898 replies to this topic

#141 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

They haven't applied yet, mate. :D But nonetheless I'd welcome them just as I'd welcome anyone else who wants to be there.

#142 Curon Hifor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMy Enforcer

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

I'm sure they will.

#143 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

out of curiosity, if the devs lock the name down for http://www.sarna.net...k_Widow_Company whats the back up name?

#144 aDuck

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationOne of Australia's pond's

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

Do you guys have much of an Australian community?

#145 Trireaper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 147 posts
  • LocationDeep space...

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

I guess we will have to choose a new one then? We haven't really thought about it much
Not sure if we have that large of an Australian community. Mainly in the Northeastern part of the USA.

#146 Curon Hifor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationMy Enforcer

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

View PostGeist Null, on 05 February 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

out of curiosity, if the devs lock the name down for http://www.sarna.net...k_Widow_Company whats the back up name?

We'll probably have a backup, probably something like BWCompany, or something. Though to be honest, the Black Widow Company weren't really around in 3049 (which is when the game will be at during launch)

#147 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

View PostGeist Null, on 05 February 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

I'm taking suggestions. Currently we've got "Big Jim and the Twins", "B14CK W1D0W C0MP4NY", "Black Widows", and a host of abbreviations. It really depends on what the naming conventions allow - I can't imagine numbers being locked out (as they were with Warhammer Online), and I can't imagine funny little symbols being locked out on account of units that like to use silly symbols with their gamer tag. Changing one letter will probably circumvent a lock. It also depends on what the rest of Wolf's Dragoons alliance units want to do - they may decide to slap a *WD* on the front of their unit.

View PostaDuck, on 05 February 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

Do you guys have much of an Australian community?

Unfortunately we don't. We welcome anyone regardless of location, but I wholly understand people wanting to game with people in their timezone so I don't imagine we'll have lots of people who aren't continental USA.

#148 Trireaper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 147 posts
  • LocationDeep space...

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

Or outside the Northeastern part of it for that matter...

#149 Curon Hifor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationMy Enforcer

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:50 AM

Hey! Midwest here! ;)

#150 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

We have a lot of people all over the US.

But speaking of the northeast US... I'm kinda hoping they don't release MWO beta or Planetside 2 beta before April. I'll be at West Point USMA's Combat Classic paintball game with Black Widow Company Scenario Paintball Team helping to secure yet another Most Valuable Team trophy.

Edited by Firefly, 11 February 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#151 Curon Hifor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationMy Enforcer

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

Best of luck to you guys in the Combat Classic

#152 Rabid Penguin

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

BWC? Nice. No idea if you'll remember me, but I played with you guys on Planetside for a bit. Went by Dabster there and mostly played a medic. I'm assuming you guys are going PS2 as well? Loved playing with you guys. Organized, friendly and had a fun RP vibe I enjoyed. I played with Steiner on 3025 but was thinking going merc this time, seeing BWC here might just have made my decision whatever the name ends up being. I'm pretty much interested in looking at the scout role in MWO. I enjoy support roles ( in case playing medic wasn't a clue heheh) that can also play a harrassing role with my quick little mech. :) Knowing you guys, a scout will actually mean something to you in this game. Man, I'm flashing back to some base caps and defends where we did so much with usually less folks than were attacking us. The constant radio chatter made me really feel like I was there. Very cool group of folks. :o Glad to see you guys still around and kicking.

Edited by Rabid Penguin, 08 February 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#153 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

I remember you, Dabster! To answer the question, we will be in Planetside 2 with about a billion times more awesome than in Planetside. Stop by the website and reenlist!

#154 Curon Hifor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationMy Enforcer

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

Awesome to see old-timers stopping by too! :o

#155 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:41 AM

View PostCuron Hifor, on 09 February 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

Awesome to see old-timers stopping by too! :D

Our shenanigans in Planetside are legendary. A lot of folks, even if they didn't play with BWC, know the name. This makes me proud, even when it's someone who hated us.

#156 Rabid Penguin

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

Heheh. Yeah, I remember some good flames pointed our way, but in the entire time I was with BWC I never saw any foul play but that didn't stop people from talking. But that's the way things are. My times with BWC are a big reason I'm excited about PS2, these are the times I flash back to that made the first game so fun. The only thing holding me back at the moment is that I'm waiting to see how these two game pan out. I've been eagerly waiitng GW2 as well and with all my current obligations I want to make sure if I join I can give some time, which means I probably won't be in both games (MWO and PS2 that is). I want to see how the cash shops and such work. I'm not fond of the pay to win formula or anything that means I have to put in real money as opposed to time to play effectively. I hate to join a group just to leave shortly into the game. I'm hoping since the game is launching soon that beta will give more info and we'll see just what you can and can't buy. Though if I do decide to play I will definitely be joining up with BWC.

Oh and it's good to know someone remembers me. Heheh. Actually Firefly I think you were one of the first officers to take me out and help me learn the ropes of being a good medic during base assaults.

#157 DarkReaver

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationJihad Day,Hellgate

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

I am an Merc but my timezone is GMT 8+ so not sure whether i can join this Famous BWC from Natasha Kerensky btw Wolf Dragoons.
:) but very hope to join as a member! :) As to said hoping to contribute in any way i can.Thanks You

#158 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:51 AM

View PostRabid Penguin, on 10 February 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

Oh and it's good to know someone remembers me. Heheh. Actually Firefly I think you were one of the first officers to take me out and help me learn the ropes of being a good medic during base assaults.

That was me! Good medics are hard to find, which is why we like to make sure our members are well-trained.

View PostDarkReaver, on 11 February 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

I am an Merc but my timezone is GMT 8+ so not sure whether i can join this Famous BWC from Natasha Kerensky btw Wolf Dragoons.
:) but very hope to join as a member! :) As to said hoping to contribute in any way i can.Thanks You

Most of us are located in the United States (GMT-5/GMT-8). You're welcome to apply but I also recommend looking at John Clavell's Wolf Spider Battalion because they are largely based in GMT+1 Europe, I think. I may very well be mistaken.

#159 DarkReaver

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationJihad Day,Hellgate

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

View PostFirefly, on 11 February 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

That was me! Good medics are hard to find, which is why we like to make sure our members are well-trained.

Most of us are located in the United States (GMT-5/GMT-8). You're welcome to apply but I also recommend looking at John Clavell's Wolf Spider Battalion because they are largely based in GMT+1 Europe, I think. I may very well be mistaken.

Thank FireFly that i will do Roger Wilco.

#160 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

Military pro-tip: never say "roger" and "wilco" in the same sentence. They are the same thing. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users