6889 replies to this topic

#61 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

Sorry, we've been busy beta-testing SWTOR.

Makhan, if you'd like to join all you have to do is visit our forums and post a recruitment application.

Cheers,
-ff/bwc

#62 Spectr

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationEverywhere and Nowhere

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:40 AM

View PostSammy D.o.C., on 11 November 2011 - 05:40 PM, said:

Spectr, from NZ?

Sammy DoC

Nope, US(Assuming NZ = New Zealand)

I really gotta change my nick to something used a lot less often. :)

#63 Degrifter

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:43 AM

View PostSpectr, on 14 November 2011 - 10:40 AM, said:

Nope, US(Assuming NZ = New Zealand)

I really gotta change my nick to something used a lot less often. :D

Yes. Yes you do. :)

That said if you're all interested, go and check out http://www.the-bwc.com and sign up there :D

#64 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

Ever since MW4: Mercenaries, Spectre has been to MechWarrior and BattleTech what Legolas or Drizzt has been for just about every MMO-RPG out there. :)

#65 Spectr

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

View PostFirefly, on 14 November 2011 - 02:32 PM, said:

Ever since MW4: Mercenaries, Spectre has been to MechWarrior and BattleTech what Legolas or Drizzt has been for just about every MMO-RPG out there. :)

I guess I should have told you guys the full story, because I've been into Battletech for far longer. My first venture into the world of giant robots was the board game City Tech, which my dad used to play with his friends in high school. I remember loving the Daishi figure that he had, probably still has a special place in my heart(Use to use it in my Army Men mock battles, as a battlesuit instead of a giant robot).

Then my dad bought me Mechwarrior 2 Titanium Edition, maybe due to my fascination with his old board game(but most likely because I used to watch a lot of Gundam Wing), which I would waste days upon days playing(I once played for hours just seeing how far I could jump jet into the sky, since if I kept pressing the jump key it would keep going up). I wasted away my childhood on that game. As MW games were released, I kept getting them, up until the MechAssault games. Now those kind of ruined the whole experience, but I kept hoping they would come out with a new one someday.

I didn't expect it to take a decade, but I have anticipated the release of this game ever since I finished the campaign of MW4 Vengeance, and now I will finally get to see the world of Battletech in modern graphics. Hope to have a lot of fun with this community.

Btw, if you're all interested, go and check out http://www.the-bwc.com and sign up there. :D

#66 Degrifter

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

To be fair, my first encounter in the Mechwarrior Universe started with a litle known pen and paper game called Battletech. I was enamored by it and only got to play one session but I was hooked. from there I tried to find someone that ran it to no avail until mechwarrior (?) Came out on the Super Nintendo. While I didn't own it.. I did pay some hefty late fees from the video store. from there I got MW4 Mercs and now MWLL.

#67 Allisaria

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationConneticut

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:08 AM

http://the-bwc.com
Stop by check it out!

#68 BduSlammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

hello has any of the Black widows played the old atr-4 or star seige

#69 Spectr

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

View PostBduSlammer, on 16 November 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

I haven't, but maybe one of my fellow members has? All I remember is that it was a mech sim like Mechwarrior, that had some not too bad MP, and that I really wanted to play it.

Edited by Spectr, 16 November 2011 - 04:11 PM.

#70 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:22 AM

View PostBduSlammer, on 16 November 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

To my knowledge, no. We are not the Black Widow Company that played in various online MechWarrior matches. Our original founder was a guy named BlackWidow who, well in all honesty I have no idea why he picked the name. As far as I know he wasn't a BattleTech/MechWarrior fan. Once we picked up steam with that name and carved a bloody swath through online FPS games, we kept it. Been gaming with it for over ten years now. Going on 11 here in a few months, actually.

#71 Degrifter

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:27 AM

A long and bloody swath.. that's pretty much an understatement. We've been in Planetside, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Warhammer Online, Mechwarrior 4, Global Agenda, Eve Online, pretty much tons of games.

#72 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:23 AM

You forgot Battlefield 2, as a top-ranked competitor. Or multiple scenario woodsball games up and down the east coast (or that tourney at the underground indoor CQB range in PA). Oh, Battlefield 3. Inner Sphere Wars. Um... what else am I forgetting? I know there's more than that.

Edited by Firefly, 17 November 2011 - 09:24 AM.

#73 Spectr

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

View PostFirefly, on 17 November 2011 - 09:23 AM, said:

You forgot Battlefield 2, as a top-ranked competitor. Or multiple scenario woodsball games up and down the east coast (or that tourney at the underground indoor CQB range in PA). Oh, Battlefield 3. Inner Sphere Wars. Um... what else am I forgetting? I know there's more than that.

Most of them are listed, but we did have a pretty sizable presence in the past week's SWTOR Beta. I suppose we can add that to the list now.

#74 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

Did I forget TOR? oops.

SWTOR.

#75 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

Updated to reflect our alliance with other Wolf's Dragoons sub-units.

#76 Spectr

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

Ah, Wolf's Dragoons. Always did have some awesome fluff, although I do kind of wish I could burn away the memories of Mechassault. Wolf's Dragoons as the main faction and the mechs was the only thing the kept me going through the campaigns.

#77 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

View PostSpectr, on 22 November 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

Ah, Wolf's Dragoons. Always did have some awesome fluff, although I do kind of wish I could burn away the memories of Mechassault. Wolf's Dragoons as the main faction and the mechs was the only thing the kept me going through the campaigns.

Never bothered with that game, especially not after some of my friends said it was garbage.

#78 Spectr

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:22 PM

View PostFirefly, on 22 November 2011 - 07:56 PM, said:

Never bothered with that game, especially not after some of my friends said it was garbage.

It definitely was. But it helped that I was 12 and had low standards.

Edited by Spectr, 23 November 2011 - 02:22 PM.

#79 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

Story of my life: young, bad taste in just about everything, low standards, and a need for penicillin...

... wait...

#80 NatashaKerensky

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:04 AM

View PostFirefly, on 25 November 2011 - 04:33 PM, said:

Story of my life: young, bad taste in just about everything, low standards, and a need for penicillin...

... wait...

"Report to the clinic for rodding!"

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users