#6801 L A V A

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 308 posts
  • LocationOn the beach!

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:22 AM

Why I chose to join BWC.

I choose BWC because as a veteran, I liked the idea of gaming with people who share the same ideals of camaraderie, self-sacrifice and what I expected... disciplined play. As it turned out, there was a huge fun factor included and that was not a surprise.

Granted, BWC is not solely for veterans and MANY of the folks who belong are not, but the shared values is what sets it apart.

I made a great decision.

#6802 Piddles

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:29 AM

Honestly, I joined BWC as just part of looking for unit and let's see how they are and if I fit in. The fact that they had a good amount of veteran members/experience was a plus and I figured it might make finding a unit based on good communication and team-play more likely, but at that time I didn't know if that would be true. So, I gave them a try and am still with them a little over a year later.

#6803 BigZach

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:45 AM

By the time I finished my recruit period and became a full BWC member, I was playing MWO with BWC on a daily basis. I was attending every operation and exercise I could, with my schedule restricted due to bizarre hours at work (5 AM - 1 PM on weekdays) and regularly playing with several of the distinct MWO companies we had at the time. I also had my first experience dropping in 12-person groups during this time, and it was an absolute blast after several months of either playing solo or in loose groups with 1 or 2 others.

Within a month, I knew I made the right choice in joining BWC.

#6804 Allisaria

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationConneticut

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:02 PM

I was looking for a team not only of good players but of like minded players. People who looked at this game and other games in the same manor I do. I was so happy to find that in BWC! So if you are looking for a group that looks at gaming the same way you do stop by take a look. See if you see what I saw. http://the-bwc.com/

Edited by Allisaria, 22 July 2016 - 08:02 PM.

#6805 Silent_Jester

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:47 PM

Why I chose to join BWC...

I liked that they were founded by veterans. I wanted to see if we would mesh well, and we did. They showed good organization and communication, and more importantly to my thinking, they showed honor and respect to their opponents on and off the field. The appreciated a good fight whether won or lost and had no trouble congratulating the other team. In the end we're all gamers of various calibers and varied tastes. The BWC exemplifies a quality gaming community across the board.

#6806 Superman

• Pip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:58 PM

As a long time BattleTech and MechWarrior fan, I was ecstatic to play MWO at launch. However, as I solo dropped more and more, I became disillusioned with my teammates, and started to lose my enjoyment of the game. So I decided that I needed a highly organized outfit to not only find people to play with, but also to provide me with the maximum potential to have fun in such a competitive game that is MWO. Fast forward to today, and as a veteran of MWO, I am most grateful to BWC for letting me be a part of all the fun that only an organized outfit such as BWC can provide.

Thank you BWC, and if you are a new player to MWO, please check us out at: http://the-bwc.com/

#6807 LazySiege

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:31 AM

Why I chose to join BWC:

I searched for a community with high standarts and good teamplay and one part was very importent to me, you have to be exculsiv in BWC.
After reading the forums and some talks it was clear to me i want to join BWC.

#6808 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:47 AM

Is it mandatory to drop a "why i chose to join BWC" for new recruits?

Anyhow, been playing with and against you guys for years now, never ever any negative impressions.
Keep it up, good luck with your unit!

#6809 L A V A

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 308 posts
  • LocationOn the beach!

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:55 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 23 July 2016 - 02:47 AM, said:

Is it mandatory to drop a "why i chose to join BWC" for new recruits?

Nope! We are on a recruiting drive, actually. Posted Image

First impression within the first month of starting with BWC... were quite cool. Lots of schedule events, lots of training, lots of playing in the group queue.

Ahhh.... the group queue. Posted Image

#6810 Piddles

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:07 AM

Within the first month the main thing I noticed was the organization. Everything was well run and easy to understand and everyone was very helpful with getting you fit in to how things worked and how you could get the most out of being in the unit.

#6811 DieselBurner

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:46 PM

First impressions within the first month of starting with BWC.

I was immediately struck by how much there is to do! There are Operations, Field Training Exercises and Skills Training nearly every day. They have a very slick website with software to control OPS, FTXs, trainings and awards. Its a very well put together team with a system in place where you get out it as much as you put in.

#6812 Silent_Jester

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:17 PM

First impressions within the first month of starting with BWC ....
Trainings both specialized and general. Organization. Communication (everyone's opinion is valued). Good atmosphere in casual and competitive drops. The amount of scheduled operations was amazing to me at the time. I was impressed with how many games the unit spans, including offline stuff, and their involvement in the gaming community. Final thing that really hit home was their willingness to help a teammate out in real life problems as best as they're able. That to me is a true unit.

#6813 Silent_Jester

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:01 AM

Why I stayed with BWC... This one's even easier than the rest. I found a home in this unit. Due to my work schedule I don't get to join as many operations or trainings etc as I would like, but every time I do it's like walking in the door to family. They're always glad to see you join in. Good training, good friends. Not always an easy thing to find, but it's here in The BWC. Come find out what we're all about. You won't be disappointed ..... http://the-bwc.com/

#6814 BigZach

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:55 AM

There are many reasons I've stayed with BWC for the past two and a half years.

First, there's the organization. I can't imagine another volunteer gaming community putting as much effort into making online gaming easy and fun. Our Operations Server allows hundreds of members to organizing gaming events for anyone to attend in various games -- and we often have at least one MWO event daily, sometimes as many as three. The organization also makes it easy for you to try out other games with fellow BWC members -- since I joined, I became very active in our Planetside 2 regiment for over a year, and I'm currently on our World of Warships Team Battles team and getting more active in Warhammer 40000: Eternal Crusade, which is immensely fun to play with BWC, since so many of our members are 40k lore junkies like I am.

Second, the members: Most members are very friendly and willing to help out people new both to the community and their particular game in which they play the most. It's also fun to play with people from all over the world -- we're not just a North American unit, we have many players throughout Europe, South America, Africa, Asia, and Pacific countries -- and depending on the active member base, we've had MWO companies catering to time zones from across the globe.

#6815 DieselBurner

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:18 PM

Why I have stayed with BWC:

I have really enjoyed the camaraderie. Lots of great people to play MWO with. I have also enjoyed taking on a bit of a leadership role! I have been a Drill Instructor for about a year - I teach new pilots how BWC operates and some role based game play skills. Its great to see the improvement in new pilots in the course of the training. I especially like when I don;t see a student for a few weeks or a month for whatever reason and then making some combat drops with them and seeing the VAST improvements they've made!

#6816 Piddles

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:31 PM

I've been in BWC for over a year now, so obviously I enjoy the people and group as a whole. But the best thing about BWC for me is that as someone with a full life I always like knowing people will be online when I will be - I refer to myself as an appointment gamer.. I won't always be on but if there is a scheduled day and time I can arrange to be there. The organization within BWC ensures I can easily see when other people will be on or even schedule my own event for a time I'll be available that people will join. If you are in appointment gamer like me there is nowhere better.

#6817 L A V A

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 308 posts
  • LocationOn the beach!

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:43 PM

Why have I stayed with BWC:

After over 3 and half years, I have stuck with BWC because, frankly, it's a great place to have fun. Lots of good people and lots of different games to play, not just MWO.

My initial reason for joining turned out to be correct. Good people, good values, good gaming.

#6818 thearticulategrunt

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:21 PM

Geez I'm so far behind on this, but lets try to catch up.

-Why I started looking for a team to play with: I had hit a plateau and doing youtube many of my viewers were telling me that to get better I needed to find and join a unit.

-What I was looking for in a team: 3 things initially: responsiveness, not just a lazy kinda flag to fly but a team, pilots that if I am having a problem I can ask for help or guidance and gt a prompt answer from someone; training, folks who would help me get better and point out what I needed to improve if they saw something and finally, vaguely hoping for: a team/family. Being a vet i missed working with pilots who when they gave their word you could count on it, who had integrity and honor to them not just a bunch of completely casual jokers who would always be competeing over who could be the most chilled out.

-Why i chose BWC: initially, they responded promptly and professionally. Then upon finding out more about them, the vague hope that i might find a good gaming family for more than just MWO.

-first impressions: lol, I thought I got away from this when i got medically retired from the military. Ranks, certifications, operations, field training exercises lol. Then folding aside to the more relaxed but organized yet fun organization that seemed to have a lot of good folks, vet and not, who seemed very dedicated to making gaming as fun for all the members as possible.

-Why have i stayed: that camaraderie. Good friends, good battle buddies are hard to find anywhere, but to luck out and find guys and gals i can trust to be where they say they will be when they say they will be there, to cover you when they say they will and to actually care about one another in and out of game. That is hard to find in any unit, much less a gaming unit spread out through different countries around the world.

#6819 LazySiege

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:46 PM

First impressions within the first month of starting with BWC:

Overwhelming, so many training, ops, field excersises and a lot of people. In the first month you just start to know BWC, you read the forum, take the first trainings and get to know the people. It made a lot of fun and i just feld welcome.

#6820 DieselBurner

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:24 AM

How I've improved at my game after joining BWC:

My MWO skills have gone WAY up since joining The BWC and its for many reasons.

Firstly was taking part in the multitude of training courses available. We have courses in many skills including the roles each team member of a drop performs such as recon and roles suited to heavier mech classes. We also have classes in damage control, how to fight as a team, using cover and so on. We also have training in non-game aspects of running a complex gaming organization such as leadership training, how to do live streaming and how to run operations on our Operations Server software. We currently have 29 training courses available (way more if you count the other games that BWC supports!)

Secondly was becoming a Drill Instructor. Since I teach courses to my fellow BWC members (mostly I teach in game warfighting courses) I get to practice those skills over and over again and as a result, my skill level has improved greatly.

Third is participating in drops with some of the best pilots in the game. We have some of the highest caliber MWO pilots to be found. Being in a drop with them is always an education. You really only get better by being exposed to the advanced concepts in movement, positioning and gunnery that the top level pilots display. If you are pugging it, you might get lucky and get a drop or maybe two in a row with a really high caliber team, but in the BWC you have the opportunity to make many, many combat drops drops over the course of a gaming session and each one is like a Master's Level course in MWO gaming!

the-BWC.com

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users