Pilot benefits in House Liao?

15 replies to this topic

#1 Dominoran

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

I'm looking around for a nice house to live under. I don't want to be a merc, and from some descriptions I see House Liao does take care of its own. You guys don't seem such bad guys with free healthcare and education. Are there any other perks that I should know about?

#2 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

Sarna.net, the BattleTech/Mechwarrior wiki, has a page that includes a link to the House Liao/Capellan Confederation sourcebook.
It describes the history, workings, and customs of the Confederation up to the year 3025, with the wiki itself providing some additional information.

Sarna also has similar pages for the other Houses/states:
House Davion/Federated Suns :(
House Kurita/Draconis Combine
House Marik/Free Worlds League
House Steiner/Lyran Commonwealth

Unfortunately, there isn't a corresponding book for the Free Rasalhague Republic, but some of the above books do make mention of the Republic (generally with regard to their relationships with the various Houses) and the FRR's Sarna page does contain a fair bit of information.

I would recommend giving each a read (or, at least, a skim) and seeing what you think. :)

Edited by Strum Wealh, 09 March 2012 - 01:46 PM.

#3 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

We'll probably get discounts on green color for custom paintshops.

#4 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

Free pinup calendars of Kali Liao. ... What? She's not 18 yet? Uh... Some great tea samplers, maybe?

#5 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostDominoran, on 09 March 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

I'm looking around for a nice house to live under. I don't want to be a merc, and from some descriptions I see House Liao does take care of its own. You guys don't seem such bad guys with free healthcare and education. Are there any other perks that I should know about?

Welcome, sir! You are more than appreciated to declare your allegiance to House Liao, and become a Citizen of the Capellan Confederation! Here in the Little Green Land each and every one of us is dedicated to work for the greater good, a Greater Humanity if you will, and you can be assured that no matter who you are or where you're from, you will rise through the ranks as long as you work together with the us, your unit, your faction the Confederation, all as a team!

Equipment? I'd never thought you'd ask! Though our resources are usually streched quite thin, Capellans make up for it with tenacity and ingenuity! We're very much into 'Mechs that make the most of out of the ferroplate they're made of, like the versatile Catapult, or (hopefully) the upcoming Raven, Vindicator, and Cataphract! We specialize in everything from sneaking around and fighting with information, to bombarding enemies with long-range fire, to out-and-out brawling using big fat Autocannon/20s!

Remember, don't be deceived by outsider propoganda painting us in a boring black tone (sometimes even in a certain racist stereotype). We of the Capellan Confederation are of diverse origins! From the reaches of ancient Terra, we are Chinese, Russian, Greek, Welsh, Scottish, Indian, American, Vietnamese, Korean, and many more! In fact, as a MechWarrior you are often free to be very much whoever you want to be, as long as you're willing to lend your skills in battle to protect the Greater Humanity!

So don't delay, we'd love to show you how strong you can feel with the Confederation against all odds, in any time of adversity!

Edited by Youngblood, 09 March 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#6 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBoardwalk, Capellan Confederation

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostGhost, on 09 March 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Free pinup calendars of Kali Liao. ... What? She's not 18 yet? Uh... Some great tea samplers, maybe?

I wonder if His Excellency has ever done something like that in his youth? It just might spur a lot of us MechWomen along that little bit more... :)

#7 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostTifalia, on 11 March 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

I wonder if His Excellency has ever done something like that in his youth? It just might spur a lot of us MechWomen along that little bit more... :rolleyes:

I think possession of such an item might heavly jeopardize ones status as capellean citizen. Thats probably why only his mother, Isis Marik and this one Cantrella-gal have seen his Excellency without clothes. :)

#8 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 09 March 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

Unfortunately, there isn't a corresponding book for the Free Rasalhague Republic, but some of the above books do make mention of the Republic (generally with regard to their relationships with the various Houses) and the FRR's Sarna page does contain a fair bit of information.

Just a slight correction (your overall detail is excellent) - the comstar field manual (as it lists the units & their history that comprised the star league military at the time of publication, as well as that of comstar and the word of blake) also details the history of the current Rasalhague republic, along with prominent military units right up to Christian Mansdottir's reign as first lord of the revived star league.

Edited by Daidachi, 13 March 2012 - 12:55 AM.

#9 Bruce Adders

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 44 posts
  • LocationTasmania

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostGhost, on 09 March 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

I would absolutely LOVE the chance to catch they eye of The Chancellor's younger sister, even for a single second. One of the many reasons to distinguish myself with valour and zeal on the battlefield (another is a chance to join the Death Commandos). Of course, I've never seen her in real life. The idea of pinups floating around is, I must admit, intruiging!

#10 Mad Pig

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 487 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

The alternative medicinal percs touting green policies has always been attractive :P

#11 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

tsk tsk Pano !!! Bad piggy ! :)

#12 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:19 AM

View PostBruce Adders, on 03 April 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

I would absolutely LOVE the chance to catch they eye of The Chancellor's younger sister, even for a single second. One of the many reasons to distinguish myself with valour and zeal on the battlefield (another is a chance to join the Death Commandos). Of course, I've never seen her in real life. The idea of pinups floating around is, I must admit, intruiging!

(OOC Well from what I remember, in the novels she was always described as being beautiful. Just with a crazy look in her eye... And that led me to my old signature: 'Kali Liao: A nobelwoman of House Liao, while known for her beauty, is better known for being coo-coo. And not just for Coacoa Puffs.')

#13 Der Kommissar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Kali is perhaps even crazier than her mother. And her mother is ******* crazy. She's as mad as a hatter in a madhouse under a full moon dropping brain-damaging levels of acid.

Sun Tzu had a fear for most of his life that he'd lose his mind like his mother, sister, and dearly departed grandfather.

Edited by Der Kommissar, 18 April 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#14 Thorolf Kylesson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostYoungblood, on 09 March 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

Welcome, sir! You are more than appreciated to declare your allegiance to House Liao, and become a Citizen of the Capellan Confederation! Here in the Little Green Land each and every one of us is dedicated to work for the greater good, a Greater Humanity if you will, and you can be assured that no matter who you are or where you're from, you will rise through the ranks as long as you work together with the us, your unit, your faction the Confederation, all as a team!

Equipment? I'd never thought you'd ask! Though our resources are usually streched quite thin, Capellans make up for it with tenacity and ingenuity! We're very much into 'Mechs that make the most of out of the ferroplate they're made of, like the versatile Catapult, or (hopefully) the upcoming Raven, Vindicator, and Cataphract! We specialize in everything from sneaking around and fighting with information, to bombarding enemies with long-range fire, to out-and-out brawling using big fat Autocannon/20s!

Remember, don't be deceived by outsider propoganda painting us in a boring black tone (sometimes even in a certain racist stereotype). We of the Capellan Confederation are of diverse origins! From the reaches of ancient Terra, we are Chinese, Russian, Greek, Welsh, Scottish, Indian, American, Vietnamese, Korean, and many more! In fact, as a MechWarrior you are often free to be very much whoever you want to be, as long as you're willing to lend your skills in battle to protect the Greater Humanity!

So don't delay, we'd love to show you how strong you can feel with the Confederation against all odds, in any time of adversity!

You also must be willing to slaughter your own citizens if they are in between you and the enemy. As Capellans you must assume that they are perfectly willing to gladly die for Chancellor and State. If they were not than you should safely assume that they were subversive elelments that needed erraticating anyway.

#15 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

View PostThorolf Kylesson, on 18 April 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

You also must be willing to slaughter your own citizens if they are in between you and the enemy. As Capellans you must assume that they are perfectly willing to gladly die for Chancellor and State. If they were not than you should safely assume that they were subversive elelments that needed erraticating anyway.

Oh boy. Here we go again. Citizens already know they need to do what they can for the State; almost invariably this means staying ALIVE. Dead people can't work, fight, enrich culture, or provide any other service to the Capellan (or once-again Capellan) worlds they're on. When you veer from the path of the Greater Humanity, it's the community you're hurting, not yourself. It is fully the responsibility of the Citizen to put others before him or herself in service.

The people YOU are talking about, Thorolf Kylesson, are Servitors. These are people who have yet to prove that they are willing to serve the State. They still have the potential, mind you, but we all know that becoming service-minded is a learned trait, not one that humans are born with. So in that time as a Servitor, a person needs to get cunning enough to stay alive, learn Capellan protocol, and in the meantime figure out how to align what they want to do with what he or she should do as a future Citizen, so that he or she can hear the voice of the Capellan realm in his or her spirit. :rolleyes: With those three things, a Servitor just MIGHT survive and do great things in the Confederation.

Edited by Youngblood, 22 April 2012 - 04:18 AM.

#16 Der Kommissar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Servitors would do well to remember that those who feel no obligation to their fellow man should not be surprised when their fellow man feels no obligation to them in turn.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users