LEGO Warhammer

4 replies to this topic

#1 Pyotr

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

When the trailer for the Mechwarrior reboot was released a few years back, I immediately knew that I had to do my best to recreate the Warhammer as presented in said trailer (minus the color scheme - I only really have two colors in my collection). This is the result (it was probably the most fun and satisfaction I ever had making a LEGO model).

Posted Image

Posted Image

The next time I go home, I hope to build the Hunchback, as imagined by FD (I cannot wait! It has been way too long since I built anything I felt particularly proud of).

Full gallery is here.

#2 Celestial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:54 AM

Haha, that's pretty sweet!
I always tried to do the same thing when I was younger with a heavily depleted set of brightly colored lego blocks... didn't turn out quite as well as this one :P

#3 Tyshen

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

Pretty sweet. The hips look a little wide at 6 studs, but I like the rest, especially the arms.

#4 Pyotr

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

I do agree on the hips, though that was intentional; in the Mechwarrior reboot trailer, the only thing I did not like about the Warhammer presented therein was the size of the hips, but I wanted to make the build as faithful to the source material as possible.

Also: interestingly, I actually was very unhappy with my solution for the arms - I disliked both the look and ridiculous fragility of the arm-to-torso connection.

I was very happy with the overall stability of the build, though - it was the first (and, so far, only) time I had made a reasonably stable bipedal 'mech with non-inverted knees. Hopefully I will be able to recreate that stability when I take a stab at the Hunchback in a few weeks :P *

*Darn you, college, for not having enough space for my LEGO collection!

Edited by Pyotr, 10 March 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#5 Tyshen

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostPyotr, on 10 March 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

not ... enough space for my LEGO collection!

Aw, look at my new best friend! I just really like using those 2x2x2 round bricks as the barrels of really big guns on my MOCs. I suppose the shoulder connection is a bit fragile, I'd have to go watch the trailer again to think of something better.

View PostPyotr, on 10 March 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

it was the first (and, so far, only) time I had made a reasonably stable bipedal 'mech with non-inverted knees.

Any advice on making stable inverted knees, then? I've never done inverted knees. I'm trying to come up with a non-fixed solution for my Timberwolf. I had considered using the hinges you used in your Warhammer's ankles, but they won't be very canon-looking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users