US Army Gunnery

21 replies to this topic

#21 bawchicawawa

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 12 March 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

As I thought, you do not understand the nature of the Military brotherhood. We all enter for our own reasons, but over time, the needs of the Team and the Country become primary. You supporting Bluey demonstrates something very, VERY tiresome - the attitudes of those who do not have a clue and seek to foist their opinions on others because they do not think like you and are therefore wrong.

If bluey did not want to see another "Military" brotherhood thread, he could have just stayed quiet and not posted. And you defending him is just poorly thought out. You cannot compare the scientific field to the military - two different purposes. Remember, science gives us the ability to wage war, the military puts it to use, whether for good or ill. You point is therefore fail.

That means he is not just ignorant, but stupid a troll.

I never said you were wrong.
I was just pointing out how you raged at him for stating his opinion, you did not try and counter it, all you did was flap your jaws with hate (figuratively, of course).

My point still stands, different people have different reasons for the career they pick. I was just pointing out that many, MANY soldiers go into the military not just based on 'protecting our country', even though this war is hurting our country.

Discipline, being more active and better their health, killing people, killing muslims, love war, love strategy, interested in learning how to fly, driving war vehicles, making brotherly friends, being a part of something, wanting to help their country, etc etc etc. There are many reasons why people join the military. Just like there are many reasons for people to become doctors, scientists, engineers, mathematicians, etc.

Also, i have to applaud you on your immaturity. Maybe you should have bettered your mind instead of joining the military.

I give respect to individuals who i see fit. Not to people who DEMAND respect (Which is a running theme with some people in the military).

#22 Cake Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 500 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHipsterland, USA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

I've got to agree. I come from one of the rural areas where they try to enlist their soldiers fresh from high school, and I can tell you right now that they don't try to pick us up with pro-America garbage or propaganda. They're giving us financial facts and figures and promising to help us become scientists/lawyers/whatever later.

When they're trying to talk our students into enlisting, it has absolutely nothing to do with brotherhood or patriotism. It's all money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users