ISN News Flash

21 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

Sun. Mar 11, 3049: Com Guards accused of “brain washing” propaganda over last decade resulting in huge upsurge in recruitments.

#2 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

ComStar brainwashing? Well, I never!

#3 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

Brainwashing? <_<

So they have forced people to look at their own commercials every 5 minutes? :D

P.S. What happened? You usually post at 6 PM. :rolleyes:

#4 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

They usually post at 11am CST, 9am PST. With daylight savings in effect todaty, they would have sprang forward a hour, so maybe that is why it seems like a different time.

#5 Balfizar

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

I could use a brainwash as mine is far to dirty!

#6 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

Crush ComStar now!

#7 Kartr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 560 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

Wait why are we hearing about ComGuards right now? I thought the IS didn't know about them until next year. Can somebody please explain?

Edited by Kartr, 11 March 2012 - 08:48 AM.

#8 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

ComGuards were known about, they were mostly thought of a smaller force, defending HPGs and such. Not this huge, technologically advanced army.

View PostKartr, on 11 March 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Wait why are we hearing about ComGuards right now? I thought the IS didn't know about them until next year. Can somebody please explain?

#9 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

The "Com Guard" in discussion here is actually just their internal Secutiry branch. Someone has to walk around the catwalks on their HPG stations aimlessly for hours on end, toting a notepad and a flashlight, don't they?

#10 Dlardrageth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

Brainwashing? Outrage!

How can the well-meant public education efforts of ComStar be so misrepresented? Of course, even the saintly Jerome Blake was sometimes misunderstood, misrepresented and reviled for his most samaritarian efforts and teachings. Still, the fact remains that Comstar and ComStar alone held high the torch of humanity in an age of reckless warfare, strife and debauchery. So it is no surprise really that "interested parties" in the IS try to use any means to paint ComStar in black colors. For the sake of their own, selfish and untrustworthy motives. Nevertheless, the surge in recruitments shows clearly that the teachings of ComStar have fallen upon fertile soil and the ongoing fight for a better world heralded by ComStar will continue.

Let me close with a word from holy Blake himself:

"Comstar represents enlightenment and protection for all mankind."(Jerome Blake, 2813)

#11 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

"Buddhism speak of the Three Jewels of Refuge--the Enlightened Ones, the Teachings, and the Spiritual Community. In a sense, the Enlightened Ones are the ultimate refuge, because they are the ones who give the teachings. But actually, the ultimate refuge is the Dharma that they teach, for it is through the study and practice of the teachings that we gain enlightenment and protection from suffering.

"Dharma here has two meanings: the transmission of the teachings, which are to be studied and mastered, and the transmission of realization, which is gained through practice. It is through applying the Dharma methods that remove faults, increase strengths, and give birth to insight and knowledge, that we benefit from the existence of the Enlightened Ones... "

-The Dalai Lama*

*not Jerome Blake

#12 Dlardrageth

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

Okay then, you had this coming, vile Merc scum:

"Beware the soldiers who sell their services. Some may seem proud and honorable, yet in the end their only true lord is money. Such is the case with mercenaries serving in the Inner Sphere today, and their forces are even larger than before. We may be able to control the great houses, but in the end I fear that these independents may serve as wild cards to be played against our Blessed Order. In the future we may wish to disband all units over a regiment in size - for the protection of civilians as well as ourselves."
(Primus Julian Tiepolo, 3028)

Yeap, Mercs being nothing but cheap who*** you need to protect the righteous and also civilians from, he got that one right... <_<

#13 Hangfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 204 posts
  • LocationToon of honest men and bonnie lassies

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

So People are flocking to serve in mechs due to Comstar propaganda,,,,,

Did comstar just release a gameplay video? <_<

#14 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

comstars high road tends to lead to the backdoor of dirty politics in most houses. im not suprised about the brainwashing alligations

#15 Larry Headrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostDlardrageth, on 11 March 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Okay then, you had this coming, vile Merc scum:

"Beware the soldiers who sell their services. Some may seem proud and honorable, yet in the end their only true lord is money. Such is the case with mercenaries serving in the Inner Sphere today, and their forces are even larger than before. We may be able to control the great houses, but in the end I fear that these independents may serve as wild cards to be played against our Blessed Order. In the future we may wish to disband all units over a regiment in size - for the protection of civilians as well as ourselves."
(Primus Julian Tiepolo, 3028)

Yeap, Mercs being nothing but cheap who*** you need to protect the righteous and also civilians from, he got that one right... :)

I am not a cheap Who***! :D I am an expencive Who*** thank you very much. :rolleyes:

#16 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBoardwalk, Capellan Confederation

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

The propaganda machines will never stop churning. Oh, well.

#17 metro

• 2,491 posts
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

Comstar is to BT

What Skysports is to Soccer.

its a conspiracy!

#18 Cbass57484

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNorth Centrel Indiana, USA

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:01 AM

it would be nice to see ComStar as a faction in coordinance with the "great houses" we get to pick from. Since they have a truely massive armada in hiding during this time.

#19 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:33 AM

Agreed, needs more propaganda. My mind remains a fortress, welcoming all that is dirty, immoral, illegal, expensive, extravagant ... you get the picture :D

#20 X Grunt

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCommand Center of the Kell Hound Jump Ship Shadow Wolf.

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

View PostCCC_Dober, on 15 March 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

Agreed, needs more propaganda. My mind remains a fortress, welcoming all that is dirty, immoral, illegal, expensive, extravagant ... you get the picture :P
Amen!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users