So, how many female pilots are out there?

168 replies to this topic

#161 Pandy

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:55 AM

This is my experience with numbers via the World of Tanks community with my Youtube Channel.

About 1 out of 17 viewers for my Youtube Channel are female.. and 99% of my videos are about World of Tanks. If I were to guess, theres many upon many females out there for the MWO Community, and the bulk of them are slient players who don't take part in the forums. The bulk of the demographic is; 40%+ 35-49 year olds from the United States and 30% 13-17 year olds from Germany. An another 10% from Poland and the rest is the rest.

I will say, from my experience with females in clans and units; they tend to be the better players who are willing to learn, relearn and teach the skills that they've picked up. Some of the all female teams for MLG leagues tend to do decent, and it never fails to get a good laugh out of their overall commentary.

#162 Dymitry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationSibko

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:02 AM

View PostHarriette, on 05 September 2012 - 03:40 AM, said:

Oo cause of 180 posts, you think there are at least 180 females? i hope this was ironic or sarcastic and i only missed the point....

I guess so, yeah you missed the point.

View PostPandy, on 05 September 2012 - 03:55 AM, said:

This is my experience with numbers via the World of Tanks community with my Youtube Channel.

About 1 out of 17 viewers for my Youtube Channel are female.. and 99% of my videos are about World of Tanks. If I were to guess, theres many upon many females out there for the MWO Community, and the bulk of them are slient players who don't take part in the forums. The bulk of the demographic is; 40%+ 35-49 year olds from the United States and 30% 13-17 year olds from Germany. An another 10% from Poland and the rest is the rest.

I will say, from my experience with females in clans and units; they tend to be the better players who are willing to learn, relearn and teach the skills that they've picked up. Some of the all female teams for MLG leagues tend to do decent, and it never fails to get a good laugh out of their overall commentary.

Thanks for the interesting data, as for the average female gamer attitude I cannot but utterly agree.

Edited by Dymitry, 05 September 2012 - 04:02 AM.

#163 Crankwerk

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:09 AM

We got at least one in our clan, if that helps plot out the demographic.

#164 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:00 AM

View PostCodius Dakanius, on 23 August 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

Confession Time!

I've been out there friending as many of the ladies who are on this forum as i can.
And that is without any intention of throwing lame one liners and making a fool of myself throwing down my mojo.
It is just something i feel i should do.

Wow that really sounds creepy :mellow:.

LOL :) i guess that's why i'm still single.

Maybe it's because you live in Tornado alley...you know most women know the story of the Wizard of Oz.

Although if you listen to my mom, she'd go through that just to get those sparkly red shoes :wacko:

#165 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

View PostHarriette, on 05 September 2012 - 03:34 AM, said:

a troll inside a troll, which is getting trolled..... trollception O.O !!!

Edith sayz: i wouldnt use a mech with pink skin, even if its the last mech in the whole inner sphere!

I rolled with a pink gun for a while in Gears of War because I got a kick out of it. A pink Mech though? Not a chance in ****.

#166 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:20 AM

Are there any all-female units in MWO?

#167 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:06 AM

prove ? I heard 2 ladies speaking ingame, i guess thats good prove.

#168 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:48 AM

I really don't know the issue why people are raging about exhuming a thread.
This guy searched for a topic and instead of opening a new one he used one that was already there. Thank you, LA.

I removed all unconstructive posts.

#169 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:25 AM

I rather look forward to playing with female pilots. MWO allows a person to play on equal terms against everyone, regardless of gender or handicap. If a guy in a wheelchair kicks my backside here on MWO, congrats. But I will have a few LRM's to toss his way before my Mech crumbles.

And to the ladies, you are certainly welcome to play, in fact, I look forward to meeting you in game, on the battlefield. Until then, good luck with your gaming endeavors.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users