The Unseen

4 replies to this topic

#1 Flux

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:51 AM

As I understand it the unseen where redesigned to avoid the legal problems that had kept them unseen.
This is an example of the redesigned Marauder:
http://www.sarna.net...9s_marauder.png

Here is a redesign of the Warhammer(missing solder missile mounts):
http://www.sarna.net...d_warhammer.png

So the question is this: Will the unseen make it into this game, and if so, do you think they will be able to use the original, or redesigned models?

Edited by Flux, 02 November 2011 - 07:52 AM.

#2 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:53 AM

Aside from a shot of a resesigned enough to HG can lay off them Warhammer was in the 2009 videos, and they keep saying HG was not a issue for them... so I would like to think we will have the Unseen, redesigned but not the ReSeen... which according to CGL is actually unseen again as they want nothing to do with HG.

But PGI is not CGL, so there is a chance we may have something **** close to the unseen!

Here is to hoping!

#3 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts
  • LocationGermany/Bavaria

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:56 AM

View PostFlux, on 02 November 2011 - 07:51 AM, said:

As I understand it the unseen where redesigned to avoid the legal problems that had kept them unseen.
This is an example of the redesigned Marauder:
http://www.sarna.net...9s_marauder.png

Here is a redesign of the Warhammer(missing solder missile mounts):
http://www.sarna.net...d_warhammer.png

So the question is this: Will the unseen make it into this game, and if so, do you think they will be able to use the original, or redesigned models?

This is what the FAQs say:

Q. Will the unseen Mechs make it into the game after all?

A. Look forward to a future announcement.

So nothing to report so far.

#4 One Hellcat

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 02 November 2011 - 07:53 AM, said:

so I would like to think we will have the Unseen, redesigned but not the ReSeen... which according to CGL is actually unseen again as they want nothing to do with HG.

I think you're getting Unseen and Reseen mixed up a bit (Or maybe I'm just reading that wrong). The terms refer to the art of several 3025 era and a handful of 3055 era 'Mechs that was borrowed from outside companies. Issues came up when it turns out several of them weren't properly attained, so all art of 'Mechs that was not done in house was deemed Unseen to protect themselves from any future lawsuit.

Reseen is any new art used in place of the Unseen art. Recently CGL got the okay to use all but the Macross based art. These were going to be used along side the Reseen art depending on the era (anything 3060ish and earlier would use Unseen art, anything newer would be Reseen). But, with the confusion as to how they could use the art (print vs minis), I believe they've decided it would best to leave them all Unseen again (with the exception of prototypes which will be new art based closely on the unseen art).

As for MWO, considering their use of a different art style altogether, they can probably include the 'Mechs considered Unseen. They just won't be using Unseen art, but their own. The art for them will probably be something between the Unseen and Reseen art, like the Warhammer in the trailer.

Long story short, the 'Mechs in question could probably appear, just don't expect them to look like their Unseen or Reseen counterparts.

#5 aglarang

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationBuckminster

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

View Postone_hellcat, on 02 November 2011 - 08:14 AM, said:

I think you're getting Unseen and Reseen mixed up a bit (Or maybe I'm just reading that wrong). The terms refer to the art of several 3025 era and a handful of 3055 era 'Mechs that was borrowed from outside companies. Issues came up when it turns out several of them weren't properly attained, so all art of 'Mechs that was not done in house was deemed Unseen to protect themselves from any future lawsuit.

Reseen is any new art used in place of the Unseen art. Recently CGL got the okay to use all but the Macross based art. These were going to be used along side the Reseen art depending on the era (anything 3060ish and earlier would use Unseen art, anything newer would be Reseen). But, with the confusion as to how they could use the art (print vs minis), I believe they've decided it would best to leave them all Unseen again (with the exception of prototypes which will be new art based closely on the unseen art).

As for MWO, considering their use of a different art style altogether, they can probably include the 'Mechs considered Unseen. They just won't be using Unseen art, but their own. The art for them will probably be something between the Unseen and Reseen art, like the Warhammer in the trailer.

Long story short, the 'Mechs in question could probably appear, just don't expect them to look like their Unseen or Reseen counterparts.

I am really hoping this is the case. Since the HG issue is all about the artwork, PGI should be able to change them sufficiently to avoid any issue and still give fans the old mechs we love (without butchering the designs like some of the reseens are. Sorry, I just do not like some of the new designs.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users