RPing a Mercenary.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Red1769

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 349 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

There is a website that I would like to start my own mercenary unit. I do have an XO, but the site requires at least four people total to become an active unit to take on contracts, and I have one very strong maybe, but he hasn't exactly done much. I know for a fact at least one member here is on that same site.

The site plot strays from the canon from 3068 on. The Word of Blake's war on everyone (seriously? their holy war thing is censored?) still happened, and the Star League still exists, though it is very weak, politically and the Word of Blake was still decimated, though their equipment still remains. The Star League's capital is once again Terra. The current year is 3086, and war has broken out once more, some calling it the Fifth Succession War. The Free World's League is diving into the Lyran Alliance, the Capellans have done some major raiding against the Federated Suns, and the Draconis Combine is being accused of serious terrorist attacks. The Rasalhaque (Spelling?) Dominion hasn't really done much...to my knowledge at least.

Now, on the website, they do have a forum, and my unit (if it ever gets off the ground) will be a play by forum, and our own little section will be created for us to do contracts. I plan on being a combined arms unit, though I don't plan on getting any vehicles/battlearmor until we have an Overlord class dropship, which will be the second or third dropship we get. My planned buying list are all mechs, and the first thing we do is get a couple of fighters after the first contract. Even though we don't have any infantry, fighters, or vehicles yet, and you specialize, don't hesitate to make a multi-talented character that's also a tech, cook, nurse/doctor, whatever.

The first link is the link to the website itself, called Battletech-Mercenaries (BTM), and the second link is my unit's site. Their forums are linked on the main BTM site. On the unit's website, you can also RP, but it's going to be more inter-unit RP, something to do between contracts or during break if you'd like. More information are on those links. We have yet to set up on their forums, and I still need to take the Mercenary Unit Commanding Officer test, and buy our gear, but I'd like to get an enstablished interest first. Keep in mind, we also start off with a company of mechs.

Check them out if you'd like, I'm Captain Matthew Raynor, or on the Xat Chat, I'm also called Jun/Raynor. If you're certainly interested in my unit or have questions, feel free to contact me on the unit's website or here, and I'll be happy to help. Keep in mind, on my unit's website, I do ban trolls immediately, both forum and on the Xat Chat. Hope you have fun!

http://www.battletech-mercenaries.com/

http://mechwarriorra.forumga.net/

Edited by Red1769, 29 September 2012 - 02:14 PM.

#2 RogueSpear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

How exactly does the RP work? I'm confused by what you mean, is this online pen and paper style, or the cooperative stories seen here?

#3 Red1769

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 349 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

The cooperative stories done here. Usually, the commander of the unit is the GM, but some unit commanders do things differently, I think. Personally, if you have a good plot idea or whatever on contracts, and run it through me or my XO, we'll probably use that, or even in the middle of the contract if it can be implemented. My apologies if I wasn't clear on that.

It's a bit of running around though, between the main BTM site, my unit's website (if you join), and BTM's forums that we do our contracts on. The character template are on both links provided. There are other units there too, each with a different specialty. There is another combined arms unit that is established, an aerospace unit, and a tank/infantry unit as well there. Of course, there is more, but those are the ones I can think of right off hand. More information about my unit is on the unit's website, and more information about BTM and the established units are on the first link I provided.

#4 RogueSpear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

I'll have a think about it, but I'm in several RPs on the forum and three of varying regularity iRL, so I may not join.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users