House Liao - Online - Website & Voice comms

26 replies to this topic

Poll: House Liao Voice Comm Preference (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Voice Comms do you prefer to use?

1. Team Speak 3 (19 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Ventrilo (19 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

Just as an FYI The House has its own Website. www.houseliao.com

It is currently linked to facebook as well as Twitter. We are still tweaking it and

installing a few other things in the back ground.

One thing I wanted to poll the MWO community on was your preference in Voice comms.

Teamspeak or Ventrilo

I will put up a poll and majority vote will take it.

We are working on integrating the voicecomms through the website, so our pilots and warriors

will have a central meeting place to talk, plan, scheme and join in their battles.

So, House Liao it is all up to you.....

#2 DiabloX

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:04 AM

I prefer Ventrilo, it is what we currently use for our guild in WoW. It is very stable and our server is hosted by Typefrag, very good service.

#3 Max Liao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 695 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCrimson, Canopus IV

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

If I had to vote for those two it would be for Ventrilo; however, Mumble is the way to go. Most guilds/clans that I know who have used it have made the switch. It's a LITTLE more difficult to perform the initial setup, but the overall quality is better. It's ability to transmit audio with NO lag puts it head and shoulders above TS/Vent.

#4 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

View PostMax Liao, on 02 November 2011 - 11:42 AM, said:

If I had to vote for those two it would be for Ventrilo; however, Mumble is the way to go. Most guilds/clans that I know who have used it have made the switch. It's a LITTLE more difficult to perform the initial setup, but the overall quality is better. It's ability to transmit audio with NO lag puts it head and shoulders above TS/Vent.

I have to say Max, I have never heard of "mumble" but if anyone else wants it added to the choice list, or like you strong enough feelings to vote for it...then we have 3 choices now instead of 2.

Can this program be integrated into the website, so everyone has access to the IP and channels etc etc?

#5 DukeDW

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

Never herd of "mumble" either. I know that TS now has a beta app for Iphone and Android.

#6 DiabloX

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

Vent also has that, it's ok. I think they need to work on it more.

#7 Max Liao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 695 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCrimson, Canopus IV

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:18 AM

I'll use any of 'em, I just know that Mumble is better - especially when considering latency/lag. :) I fought against changing from Vent to Mumble (ask the folks on my site), but I couldn't argue with the facts. We tested it for a couple of months before making the official switch. I think only one person stated that Mumble was worse, but I don't think his computer is capable of running Pong. :D

I know more people like Vent and TS3 because they work and are known, but give Mumble/Murmur (client/server) a try.

#8 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:26 AM

It is everyone favorite house to hate!

I kid, honestly I am glad you guys are around, please do us Jags a favor and reverse the lore with the Davions...we are so tired of the Davvy fans getting the shiney new lore and toys, let us bring some devastation to New Avalon!

#9 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:48 AM

View PostAmarus Cameron, on 03 November 2011 - 05:26 AM, said:

It is everyone favorite house to hate!

I kid, honestly I am glad you guys are around, please do us Jags a favor and reverse the lore with the Davions...we are so tired of the Davvy fans getting the shiney new lore and toys, let us bring some devastation to New Avalon!

Hi ya Amarus....we plan on taking it to them on the battlefield, just like we did in MPBT !! We will push them back beyond New Avalon...

and move into their fine real estate!

You bring your troops, and we will share the salvage and proceeds.

>VDB<

#10 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:37 AM

Metro I havent had time yet to look around much does your site have a chat room capability? Could ya get one if not? We should try and get everyone from Liao together for a short meet and greet if possible. We can always use AIM I spose if it still has the capability (I've been offline so long I don't know what still is or isnt :))

#11 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:29 AM

Hi Kyll,

Yes the website is set up with a shout box right now, I have had several conversations it work very well.

If we need to handle a more formal chat, I will have a proper CHAT system installed.

But we will let the MWO Capellan community decide if they want it.

On another topic ,as soon as we get more input from the folks here in the new MWO community,

we will be providing VOICE COMMS free of charge to the MWO Capellan community, so all everyone will have to do it go to the website

click on voice comms and be ported to the HOUSE LIAO voice comms channels. :)

HouseLiao.com has waited for this day for 10 years now, to have the opportunity to serve all Capellans once again,ready to do what will make everyone happy.

Edited by metro, 04 November 2011 - 04:34 AM.

#12 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:35 AM

Metro just registered over there stop by the Shout when ya have a minute soon as I get my confirmatyion Ill be in it.

#13 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:47 AM

Mails running real slow :D If I dont catch ya today or ya dont wanna give me a yell on AIM Ill be in and out trying to catch up wit ya :)

#14 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:55 AM

View PostKyll Long, on 04 November 2011 - 06:47 AM, said:

Mails running real slow :D If I dont catch ya today or ya dont wanna give me a yell on AIM Ill be in and out trying to catch up wit ya :)

ok Heading there now.

#15 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

I'd like to invite all would be House Liao members to come on over and register with the site Metro mentioned it's a good place to chat about Liao specific things and share ideas. As well it'll let us all know how many of us there are and what we can expect and what our expectations are. Even if you're just a board lurker come on over and visit and let us know who ya are.

#16 Paladyne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationAndurien

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

well I am not Liao atm but I know several of you and have served with some. I am glad to see you guys getting it organised and running. In typical FWL fashion we start and stop and argue but hey it is how we work. If you guys do not have an objection I would not mind hanging out with you guys.

#17 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:38 AM

Everyone's welcome here :) Thats one of the best things bout Liao.

#18 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:28 AM

absolutely Pally ! Your always welcome. :)

#19 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:16 AM

anyone else care to weight in on the Voice comm topic??

If not, I am going to get the DEVs, to installing and implementing voice comms on the House Liao website, so we can all start using it to meet and talk and make plans for when the game launches.

#20 Kahali

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 25 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:21 AM

I liked Ventrillo over Teamspeak when I used it on Navyfield. Just seemed clearer and easier to adjust the audio settings for individuals etc.

my 2c sorry

Edited by Kahali, 21 November 2011 - 06:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users