#1 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

Whelp, the title says it all.

Had a decent idea for a RP and wanted to test the waters to see if anyone was interested in a dedicated Clan RP, set directly after the Truce of Tukayyid would anyone be willing to play? I'm thinking no more than a binary of characters (ten players), preferably Mechwarriors although Elemental's may be welcome if i think you have the writing chops for it.

I think I've found away to allow players to play a warrior from any clan, and still work together. So if your a fan of the Smoke Jaguars, but some one else wants to play as a Jade Falcon no one has to play a clan they can't stand just for the sake of the party.

If your interested, send me a pm or post here. If enough people chime in I'll start accepting charecters.

Edit: This is gonna be awesome, I promise.

Edited by Gammadin, 06 October 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#2 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

I would be interested, though would it be possible to make a Front line warrior who uses Clan tech non-omnis? Not saying I will, but it would be interesting.

#3 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

Second line Clan mechs, and star league era mechs will be welcome. However, I'd need a really good reason for it considering most clanners have massive crushes on their omnis, but if you can sell the idea to me I'll allow it.

Also, before I get another PM about it. You can not play a warrior from the following "dead" clans Wolverine, Mongoose, Widowmaker, because, their dead. Sorry if that poops all over your Wolverine character sheet, but this isn't an alternate timeline RP.

#4 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

My original thought was, since the clans like taking on more with less, what would be more honorable than beating omnis with a much lesser mech, such as a clan tech IS mech. Pretty much it is a pilot taking the clan Ideals in that matter to the extreme, cause it is not like we have ever seen clanners take extreme stances on things.

#5 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

I'm thinking second line gear will be no issue considering that there's oppurtunity to play 2nd line/garrison/salhma (or however you spell it) warriors.

Remember Clan Wolf does have some Widowmaker blood coursing it's way throughout the clans genepool, so there is a chance to play someone with some Widowmaker blood but it's gonna be watered down with some Ward, Kerensky, or whatever.. But of course that is up to the GMs discression.

I think the Jags have some Clan Burroc blood as well.... Not sure, I'll admit that my knowlege of Clan Lore is not the greatest.

I'm very interested. My only concerns are what I should play.....

Most likely a Steel Viper Ristar who gets off on shooting Falcons... But then again I like that Pershaw bloodline... decisions, decisions...

#6 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Widowmaker Blood? I'm cool with. A widowmaker Loremaster in exile? Not so much.

Also, Burrock hasn't been absorbed as of yet, so if someone really wanted to play one of the less fleshed out clans its a really awesome option.

#7 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

If I end up playing, it may come down to what everyone else is playing... it may lead to good RP situations.

We going to RP the trial against Ulric for '********' against the younger generation of warriors that'd have to sit out the invasion?

#8 Kossman

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

i would realy like to see the CLAN's brought in to this cuz they are the real reason for this game not to metion that they still held worlds in the Inner Sphere... and Victor all so made it able to trade with the clan's and all so the nova cats are part of the star league ..... it make's me sad to see how bad thay are butchering this game

#9 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

Amen, brother. *grumbles incoherintly about Dark Ages* I'm forseeing a bunch of Clanner's banging one another when they we're shooting on another up. That being said, I can't believe that gen ocide is filtered.

#10 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

I was thinking a Ghost bear, who piloted a second line mech as an insult to an instructor who hated him and was an opponent in his trial of position. he killed 2 there, leaving him as a star commander. Since he did not use an omni for that fight, he was relegated to a second line unit. Challenged to a front line unit, won yet again in a Clan tech non-omni. Then he decided to pilot non-omnis as a statement of his ability, fought in 2 bloodnames, won the 32nd spot in the first one, still made it a few rounds in. then in the second one, he earned a spot and fought in the final round to lose against one of the current khan (dependent on the year who he fights.) Eventually made star captain. I even have his great work planned out. A mountain with a path with slots for warriors who he feels he had to best on his path to eventual greatness. Their likeness will be carved onto staffs that will be placed into the slots, whenever he finishes a staff, he carves the next section of mountain. how do you like the idea?

Edited by dal10, 02 October 2012 - 06:37 PM.

#11 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

I could be convinced...barely I suppose. Preferably playing a Clan Snow Raven naval officer - I'm perfectly happy with playing aerospace/dropship/jumpship captain. Gives me the incentive for researching and practice for writing one for when it becomes important later

#12 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostKossman, on 02 October 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

i would realy like to see the CLAN's brought in to this cuz they are the real reason for this game not to metion that they still held worlds in the Inner Sphere... and Victor all so made it able to trade with the clan's and all so the nova cats are part of the star league ..... it make's me sad to see how bad thay are butchering this game

I'm assuming your talking about the more recent table top stuff, specifically the Ji-had. Which I think most agree, bites the big one.

#13 Octomus Primus

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCybertron

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Include me..

#14 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostOctomus Primus, on 02 October 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

Include me..

You're more likely to get a spot if you offer a reason for why you should be accepted or what you'd like to do :)

As for the ***** stuff, I confess I don't know much of the background there, but on the whole I don't think it's too bad - to a point. Specifically the point of the ***** officially commencing. The lead up to it I do find to be a very interesting time, with the invasion of Terra, the FedCom Civil War, Falcons breaking the peace, lots of new and old gear showing up...
And then the WoBblies attacked everybody ever all at once and had enough units of sufficient skill and tech to do it too. Honestly, I don't think it would have been too bad if they'd been smaller, had expanded from the FWL like a tidal wave and used their ComStar knowledge and spies to outmanoeuvre and machiavelli everyone. They could still have done some terrifying damage there, especially with the nukes and all knowingness. Unfortunately the writers decided ComStar rooted out all the WoB sympathisers and the WoBblies had no spies and that the WoB had more units and new gear than the rest of the Sphere. Go figure.
I have been told that I should ignore everything after about ~3063, how fair do people think that comment is?

#15 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

View PostRogueSpear, on 02 October 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

I have been told that I should ignore everything after about ~3063, how fair do people think that comment is?

It's pretty much what I do. I take vague directions into account, but ignore it for the most part. Things just get... weird...er.

I'm...(ahem)...I am considering playing a quick and nimble Diamond Shark, possibly exploring the post-Tukayyid market possibilities. Despite Diamond Shark's general Crusader bent (which they were between 3050-57), he has more traditional Warden leanings. He's uncertain about where he stands on ComStar, considering that they might represent a greater threat to the Inner Sphere than initially assessed, and might warrant destruction. Like many Diamond Sharks, he's considerate of the lower castes; they might not hold his esteemed station, but his station exists for their betterment.

#16 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

View PostRogueSpear, on 02 October 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

You're more likely to get a spot if you offer a reason for why you should be accepted or what you'd like to do :)

As for the ***** stuff, I confess I don't know much of the background there, but on the whole I don't think it's too bad - to a point. Specifically the point of the ***** officially commencing. The lead up to it I do find to be a very interesting time, with the invasion of Terra, the FedCom Civil War, Falcons breaking the peace, lots of new and old gear showing up...
And then the WoBblies attacked everybody ever all at once and had enough units of sufficient skill and tech to do it too. Honestly, I don't think it would have been too bad if they'd been smaller, had expanded from the FWL like a tidal wave and used their ComStar knowledge and spies to outmanoeuvre and machiavelli everyone. They could still have done some terrifying damage there, especially with the nukes and all knowingness. Unfortunately the writers decided ComStar rooted out all the WoB sympathisers and the WoBblies had no spies and that the WoB had more units and new gear than the rest of the Sphere. Go figure.

Very, very fair... I read up all the novels up to the end of the FedCom CW "Victor, really? *facepalm* from what I know things got wierd.

#17 Ashla Mason

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

I've done Forum RPs elsewhere and would be up for giving this a shot If I had a few more details and the posting schedual wasn't too strenuous.

Been thinking playing a game as a goliath scorpion seeker could be fun. Or a ghost bear assault mech pilot :).

#18 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Paying tribute to other highly successful Clan Wolf designs, the Blood Reaper is a symbolic and straightforward second-line BattleMech in heavy use in the post-***** Clan Wolf Touman.

Seeking to standardize his forces and weed out non-Wolf designs, Khan Vlad Ward ordered his scientists to develop a rugged yet symbloic 'Mech for warriors of Clan Wolf to rally around. A standard BattleMech in the mold of the successful Tundra Wolf, the Blood Reaper first entered service in 3079 and went on to form a large part of the Wolves post-***** touman. Khan Ward overcame the stigma of a second-line machine with classsic Clan posturing; by insisting that warriors truly worthy of the spirit of the Wolf would win even while being hobbled by such a design.

Sharing a similar reverse-canted leg, energy weapon arm and missile launcher torso layout as the iconic Timber Wolf, the Blood Reaper was built on a Endo Steel frame and uses a XL Engine to save weight for a heavy weapon and armor load. Slower than most front-line OmniMechs, the Blood Reaper featured an 120 meter jump capacity to help overcome this. Eighteen Double Heat Sinks provided the design adequate endurance. [2]

This is from the Sarna article on the Blood Reaper Clan wolf mech. Khan Ward used similar reasoning to the one i was proposing for why a Front Line Clan warrior would be using a Clan tech non-omni. A non-khan could use similar reasoning, but since he had no real persuasive ability over majority of warriors, his ideas on the matter would mostly be limited to himself.

#19 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:22 AM

[color=#000000]
[/color]

Plot Summery:

In 2784, General Aleksandr Kerensky led a large portion of the Star League army on an exodus out of the war-torn Inner Sphere. A decade later his son, Nicholas Kerensky, rebuilt the refugees into the Clans. In these early days, one Clan rejected Kerensky's leadership and rebelled. In retaliation Clan Wolverine was annihilated, its people killed or sterilized, and its very name wiped from the histories of the Clans. Forever they would be known as the Not-Named Clan.

For centuries, rumors have circulated that some warriors of the Not-Named Clan survived the pogrom. When the Clan returned to the Inner Sphere, they found evidence that some "Spheriods" carried the same genes as the Not-Named Clan. Captain Bordon Hallis of the Com Guard, slain in the epic Battle of Tukayyid while fighting against clan Steel Viper, was a direct descendant of General Frederick Hallis of the SLDF, who was a Bloodnamed warrior of the Not-Named Clan. By Clan law, if all descendants of a Bloodname are killed in battle, their vanquishers can lay claim to that Bloodname, giving the victors the right to form a new blood house. The current ilKhan, Ulric Kerensky, ruled that this holds true for the Not-Named Clan as well. This law is called Bloodright

Clan Steel Viper has demanded to the Clan Grand Council and ilKhan that they receive permission to hunt down the remaining members of the Hallis family who live within the innerspehere so that they might claim bloodright. The other clans, in traditional clan fashion have sided against the Vipers and put forth their own claims.

ilKhan Ulric, has decreed that every clan may bid one warrior to fight for a place to join the hunt for the Hallis family. Those who are chosen for the mission will each be granted the right to form their own Blood House should they return successfully.

However, the price of failure will be steep. The men and women chosen for the mission will be declared Dezgra (disgraced). Any evidence of their existence will be deleted permanently, and they will be hunted as common bandits for the rest of their lives.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules for character creation:

1. Warriors from any clan are welcome, as long as that clan isn’t dead. I’m not going to argue about this anymore. You cannot play a clan Mongoose Elemental who is the greatest hero of all time, nor can you play a Wolverine warrior who has lived on the fringes of clan space slightly protecting the people who shun him or whatever. Just…pick one of the existing clans pretty please with Sparks Murphy a cheery on top?

2. Freeborn/Trueborn are both welcome, but you better be able to explain why your clan is sending a freeborn warrior to undertake such an important mission.

3. I’d prefer no custom mechs for right now, but there is no weight limit as to what you can choose to pilot (as long as it doesn't surpass the 100 ton weight limit for assaults). Omni mechs are not required, but if you choose to go that route you’ll need to pick two standard variants, but make sure I know which one you have “equipped”. If you want to play a character using a second line mech, please choose an existing second line or star league design.

4. One warrior per-clan, please.

5. If you decide to play an elemental, you will be given two members of your point (squad) to RP as well. How crucial to your story they are is really up to you.

6. I have final say on rather your character makes the cut or not. I don’t want to outright reject anyone, but I may ask you to change some details or too explain to me “why”, your character is the way he is.

Rules for Rping-

1. You control your character, not the whole party.

2. If you fail to post regularly. Your character will either be given to someone else to RP or suffer from a massive heart attack and die on the toilet. I understand real world stuff can get in the way, just contact me before you disappear and we can work something out.

3. Have fun, and junk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have questions post them here.

I’ll put up a sample character sheet later today.

Thanks for reading this longer than average post.

Edited by Gammadin, 03 October 2012 - 04:26 AM.

#20 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

I claim the rights and power of the Nova Cats. "Back Back Back.Mine mine mine... I'm rich.. I'm wealthy... I'm a happy miser.." [clam shell closes]

Bonus kudos for those that know the reference ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users