Blood of Heroes: OOC Thread

347 replies to this topic

#141 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

so no one actually likes the jaguars.... this should be fun. Especially since we all probably will be KoS to them.

#142 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Well, I won't spoil anything, but if things work out the way I've planned them. Things will be interesting.

#143 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Is it sad if I already have a plan of action for huntress? Unless dropping from orbit in a mech into the center of their capital is too brash.

#144 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

haha. Way to brash! But i like the idea, maybe in the Innersphere we can do a hotdrop. I figure, clan space, clan customs.

#145 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Okay so it's safe to say that the Jags are gonna be to once again quote Mr. Spear, 'a bunch of d!cks' to us. Great way to forge us rivals into something approaching a unit...

How does the expression go, 'Nothing unites an enemy within as an enemy without?'

#146 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 09 October 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

Okay so it's safe to say that the Jags are gonna be to once again quote Mr. Spear, 'a bunch of d!cks' to us. Great way to forge us rivals into something approaching a unit...

How does the expression go, 'Nothing unites an enemy within as an enemy without?'

Basically. I had planed to send us right into the sphere, but then I added this Huntress bit. I figure it gives us a chance to flex nuts as a unit, and opens up a chance for some clan on clan action (something i've not seen much of in the RPs)

#147 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

"I claim your Ebon Jaguar as isolra!!!" Tatianna shouted is about to shout over the external speakers at the broken smoldering Jaguar mech.

#148 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

question, any chance we could work in a knife fight? is the only way I can really reveal the fact that I have a mechanical arm (which may or may not be useful later) without just out and out saying it.

#149 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Mechanical? like Mechwarrior Trent? :)

I don't see a problem with it if you RP the boasting bickering clanchatter and challenge some Jag to a pig-sticker fight.

We might ALL have to face jaguar challengers. I don't imagine that they'd willingly hand over this com* dude.

#150 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

@dal - unless of course you arm were to get crushed inside your cockpit from damage.

@Thom - I really really thought about having Jake pilot the Warhawk into this and flaunting the fact in front of the Jags that he had it thanks to their breaking of clan code, but alas I could only bring one 'Mech and I couldn't stand the idea of my Summoner not being able to pound into some Inner Spheroid trash to help change the crimson red to a more dried reddish dust color.

#151 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

LOL I just want to take some mech as isolra so I can chance my confg. I'm not a big fan of having that many MGs or SPLs on a mech.. (though usefull vs. infantry) But I like how the Black Python is basicly a non-omni capable Timberwolf except it jumps and has a targeting computer.

Yes that's right everyone, I'm spamming the evil Pulse las/T Computer mech.

I almost had to write mech names down and pull one from a hat. I forgot how nasty this Clan stuff is.

EDIT: changing config is also a good way for me to RP Tati and have her stay out of trouble on the drop/warship, but I'm not sure Mr. Gam will let that pass.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 09 October 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#152 Henric Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 109 posts
  • LocationYork II

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

I would be interested, if you are still planning this.

#153 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

Yeah on the allegiance icons, I find myself getting unnecessarily/irrationally annoyed at Dal10 when reading these threads in the morning, when I'm still waking up, and can't figure out what 'Thom' is talking about some character that isn't him...Same goes for Oni/Gamma but even more confusing, as which one I expect the Marik symbol to be is thread specific.
Needless to say, I'm not a morning person :)
I swear, my brain does not begin to function properly until I've eaten twice and the sun is down.

Though Dal, you could just have someone grab your arm and wonder why it's so hard? Something like:

Tatianna grabbed Arc's arm to stop the mechwarrior from falling as the dropship shuddered under the continued fire as they sprinted across the catwalk. Righting the Ghost Bear without slowing down, she panted "You're wearing armour?"
"Neg," Replied Arc, catching the railing to swing himself round a corner, "Bionic."
Tatianna blinked in surprise, but chose to conserve her breath for reaching her mech before weapons fire breached the bay.

Edited by RogueSpear, 10 October 2012 - 02:32 AM.

#154 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

Or, in the inevitable Circle of Equals we'll end up having, challenge someone to an arm wrestle.

#155 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

Or knife fight and use the arm to block slashes as you gut your would be equal...

#156 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 10 October 2012 - 02:36 AM, said:

Or, in the inevitable Circle of Equals we'll end up having, challenge someone to an arm wrestle.

^ I think Arc would have an unfair advantage there... His "Father"s bloodline is an elemental line. Also, imagine if tukayyid was one giant arm wrestling contest.

#157 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

The Ghost bears have never worried about being unfair. I mean, they used a Team of Elementals when challenged to an American Football game in Drac space. 84 to 3 when the mercy rule took effect.

As for working a knife fight in. There isn't one planned for the time being, I've got up to the end of huntress plotted out pretty well. If one occurs, that's fine, but i wont be shoehorning one in, I'm sure there are other ways to bring it up the fact that your the billion dollar man(also didn't it click open a dispense a harmonica on the APC?) or you can wait till after the Huntress section is finished, and we can work together to find something that work, or it could naturally develop into a hand to hand segment on Huntress. Most of the RPing is up to you guys, with specific story events being concrete.

Once Huntress rolls around everyone will be given a chance to fight if they want. I'm bouncing around a few really neat ideas, I think everyone will be pleased. I've not decided how I feel about taking a ton of salvage or making custom rides. We'll burn that bridge when we get to it I guess.

View PostNekhron Kirov, on 09 October 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

I would be interested, if you are still planning this.

Sorry Nek, recruitment closed before the first RP post went up. If this turns out to be a success and all my players have fun and don't think i suck total *** as a GM, I'm planning on running more RP's. Hopefully you'll be able to make the recruitment of those.

Edited by Gammadin, 10 October 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#158 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

View PostGammadin, on 10 October 2012 - 07:15 AM, said:

The Ghost bears have never worried about being unfair. I mean, they used a Team of Elementals when challenged to an American Football game in Drac space. 84 to 3 when the mercy rule took effect.

As for working a knife fight in. There isn't one planned for the time being, I've got up to the end of huntress plotted out pretty well. If one occurs, that's fine, but i wont be shoehorning one in, I'm sure there are other ways to bring it up the fact that your the billion dollar man(also didn't it click open a dispense a harmonica on the APC?) or you can wait till after the Huntress section is finished, and we can work together to find something that work, or it could naturally develop into a hand to hand segment on Huntress. Most of the RPing is up to you guys, with specific story events being concrete.

Once Huntress rolls around everyone will be given a chance to fight if they want. I'm bouncing around a few really neat ideas, I think everyone will be pleased. I've not decided how I feel about taking a ton of salvage or making custom rides. We'll burn that bridge when we get to it I guess.

Ghost Bears, F*** Yeah.

It is just a bio-mechanical left arm and eye. Not a billion dollar man. do clans even have dollars? yes it did have a harmonica in it. but the other characters really didn't notice that.

Edited by dal10, 10 October 2012 - 07:28 AM.

#159 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

View Postdal10, on 10 October 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

Ghost Bears, F*** Yeah.

It is just a bio-mechanical left arm and eye. Not a billion dollar man. do clans even have dollars? yes it did have a harmonica in it. but the other characters really didn't notice that.

The clans use "Work Credit" for non-warriors at least. you do your work, your given x amount of work credit, which is used for everything not provided by your clan. Which mostly is entertainment and additional food. Some clans give more options to spend the credits on. The Jags, didn't give out work credits, thinking doing your part was prize enough.

The Merchant's use Kerensky's (or KEs) for bulk purchases were bartering doesn't take place. Phelan Kell claimed that the exchange rate was somewhere between 5-15 Cbills per KE.

#160 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

View Postdal10, on 10 October 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

Ghost Bears, F*** Yeah.

I remember reading when your guyd did it, but I was going wha? didn't look it up. I imaine Tati would notice it, but since I didn't mention it, she didnt.

I don't need to talk salvage, I'm not going to be a headache if possible. I'm just trying to think about what Tati would do to kill time on the Raven ship and hinting that I'm not thrilled about those spl/mgs...

Hmmm.. drop the 4 small pulses for two med pulses, and drop the 2 mgs and the ammo for an ECM or an AMS. But that's if it's even possible to do on the dropship, remember it's not an omnimech so it'll be more difficult to do it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users