137 replies to this topic

#21 Sprouticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostChuckie, on 14 March 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

Hmm.. BOTH LEgs.. so if you lose A Leg.. can you hop.. or lift yourself up on an Arm..? etc.. or you just stuck face planted to the ground.

Im guessing you will have one gimped leg dragging behind you and movement will be very very slow.

#22 Namwons

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 546 posts
  • LocationFactory, Solaris VII

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostChuckie, on 14 March 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

Hmm.. BOTH LEgs.. so if you lose A Leg.. can you hop.. or lift yourself up on an Arm..? etc.. or you just stuck face planted to the ground.

what i think would be cool, is when getting one leg blown off, is to roll over and sit up, and become a stationary turret.

#23 xZaOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

This blew my mind!!!

all the weapons and equipment on board your ’Mech are able to take damage, and each will produce different gameplay effects. Damaged engines will produce heat, damaged weapons will stop working (and some of them explode), damaged heat sinks impair your cooling, etc.

#24 SirDubDub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

"Will we have the ability to modify the HUD colours? If so, how will it affect the damage indicator, which slowly turns to red then turns black. What happens if we want a red HUD? –autogyro

[MATT C] There are plans around modifying the HUD post launch though for now there are other systems that need to be made nominal ;-)."

On this note, are there any options or changes that can be made in the game settings for colorblind players? Will the HUD system be designed with colorblind players in mind? (specifically red-green colorblind players, which account for about 10% of the target audience *As far as I can tell*)

Edited by SirDubDub, 14 March 2012 - 10:15 AM.

#25 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

Thank you for reading our concerns PGI IGP forever

#26 Kaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

[DAVID] While levels will have some environmental effects, such as ambient temperature and a time of day, we won’t have any random or dynamic effects at launch. We are, however, looking at implementing such things afterwards.

*sadness* - Was really hoping this would get in to alleviate the constant deathmatch monotony, oh well...

MATT C] Yes definitely you can already see in the gameplay video we have distortion effects as you take hits, these will be scaled correctly based on amount of damage and additional effects added prior to initial launch.

Yes but will we have permanent 'length of round' effects on the cockpit 'glass'? Cracks, burn marks, etc... Or are we taking the 'it's a neuro-helmet, there is no visual damage' route?

[DAVID] Our goal is not to enforce which ’Mechs players can bring to a team, but rather to make it desirable and ideal for players to put together a well-balanced lance/company instead of just the biggest ’Mechs they can get their hands on.

I foresee problems with this, Atlai are iconic with this verse for a reason, if you're asking new players to pick between a Jenner and an Atlas without any scaling or prohibition, we're gonna be seeing about a hundred tons of Atlai every match.

And to recap for the TL:DR crowd:

We will not have at launch -
- Glowing eyes
- Custom HUD ability
- Chain fire (possible)
- Achievements
- Dynamic Environmental Effects

So don't cry about it.

Edited by Kaemon, 14 March 2012 - 10:00 AM.

#27 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

I'm simply amazed at the amount of info people asked, which they already answered.
Half the questions were just things we already know. :)

#28 syngyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

How is convergence going to work with projectile weapons that you have to lead?

#29 Larry Headrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

The info is great. :) The only problem i have... and i think i speak for a lot of others on the forums. Summer is to far away. :rolleyes: :) ;)

Congrats devs. Tell everyone at PGI and IGP that we apreatiate all the hard work and are looking forward to playing the best mechwarrior game in the series. (No pressure at all.) <_<

#30 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

i guess I need some clarification on that 2 legs destroyed comment. that just sounds weird. very happy to hear there wont be minimum ranges on autocannons

#31 Spooky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

Good read :). I am glad pulse lasers will be depicted as in MWLL. Makes the most sense to me at least.

I am saddened about the glowing eyes on the Atlas though :)

#32 Chuckie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

View PostSprouticus, on 14 March 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

Im guessing you will have one gimped leg dragging behind you and movement will be very very slow.

But from gameplay we KNOW you can blow off body parts.. (Watch the arms come off and land next to the Atlas.. its cool)

So what happens when you get a leg blown off ?

I guess "Blown off" could just be broken.. for ease of coding the game

#33 Denemigo

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation. Arkhangelsk

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

To: "If you were to focus on taking out just their head or center torso, they would die well before the percentage reaches zero."

IMHO
I believe that these weaknesses should be several in each mech. Ideally, each model must has its own set of vulnerabilities. It would be diversified monotonous shooting heads only

#34 Spooky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostChuckie, on 14 March 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

But from gameplay we KNOW you can blow off body parts.. (Watch the arms come off and land next to the Atlas.. its cool)

So what happens when you get a leg blown off ?

I guess "Blown off" could just be broken.. for ease of coding the game

In MW4 you can blow off arms as well, but you can't blow off legs. In order to kill a Mech by legging it, you had to kill both legs. Once the first leg is gone, the Mech started limping (and any further damage to it was transferred to another body part, I don't remember which one).

MWLL is releasing a different approach on it in the future. A Mech's leg will only be blown off, if its internal structure is destroyed. And the armor values of the internal structure are defined by a factor of the leg's external armor (so a factor of 1 would mean, that you'd have to do the same amount of damage to the internal structure as to the external armor, in order to blow it off completely). Once the external armour gets destroyed though, the Mech starts limping. (Currently, the Mech starts limping before that happens then the leg is gone once the regular armor is destroyed.)

Edited by Spooky, 14 March 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#35 Siilk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

Generally I like what I hear but some things left me seriously disappointed:

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 March 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

To destroy a BattleMech, you have to destroy the head, destroy the center torso, or destroy both legs.

Helllllo again, mech explosions out of nowhere. ;) And here I was, hoping that PGI would do that right... Silly me. It was stated, that mechs can fall and stand up. Why not let them set themselves upright and shoot when both legs are gone? Looks like devs think it's better to make perfectly undamaged, except for the legs, mech explode/be considered destroyed, rather than let them still pose a threat in combat, at least as a stationary turret. Bye-bye, logic and realism. :)

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 March 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

Right now chain fire is a lower priority than some of the other stuff we’re working on so, while we hope to have it in for the launch, it has yet to be fully designed.

This left me confused... Chainfire is not there? A low-priority task? :) Hmm... Must be missing something here...

#36 Spooky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

View PostSiilk, on 14 March 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

Bye-bye, logic and realism. ;)

If you want logic and realism then a game like MechWarrior, with its inherently illogical and unrealistic BattleMechs, is clearly not for you :)

This left me confused... Chainfire is not there? A low-priority task? :) Hmm... Must be missing something here...

What's confusing about that? They currently simply don't have it implemented yet.

Edited by Spooky, 14 March 2012 - 10:29 AM.

#37 2bad

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

[DAVID] You’ll have to wait until next month, when we reveal more about the MechLab in our Dev Blog.

Can't wait for more info on that mechlab!

#38 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:38 AM

View PostSirDubDub, on 14 March 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

On this note, are there any options or changes that can be made in the game settings for colorblind players? Will the HUD system be designed with colorblind players in mind? (specifically red-green colorblind players, which account for about 10% of the target audience *As far as I can tell*)

I harass people every day to make this a priority. We may not be able to help the more rare forms, but I will at least get something for players who are red/green colourblind.

#39 Siilk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

View PostSpooky, on 14 March 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

If you want logic and realism then a game like MechWarrior, with its inherently illogical and unrealistic BattleMechs, is clearly not for you :)

Dude, I'm not talking about RL logic and realism, mind you. But even BT in-universe logic and realism is again thrown out of a window just to take an easy way out. How on earth "mech destruction by blowing both legs" can be justified? But enough of that, clearly, devs made their choice and I suppose there's nothing that could be done to make them alter their decision. :)

View PostSpooky, on 14 March 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

What's confusing about that? They currently simply don't have it implemented yet.

I am confused because it is quite fundamental concept of weapon control in MW games and it's rather easy to implement so I wonder why it's not been a higher priority from the beginning.

#40 m0nk33

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOuter Sphere; Cerebus Province; Rushaven

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

Why not let them set themselves upright and shoot when both legs are gone? Looks like devs think it's better to make perfectly undamaged, except for the legs, mech explode/be considered destroyed, rather than let them still pose a threat in combat, at least as a stationary turret. Bye-bye, logic and realism. :)

LOL, so a mech with no working leg actuators is expected to balance on its pelvis? Hmmm....logic and realism?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users