166 replies to this topic

#21 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

I would like to raise the "No way Grognard only!" flag... but...

But the truth is on MW4 right now, the NHUA servers are the ones that are full. The Advanced stuff is too, at certain hours of the day, but the NHUA has people all the time.

They're not people i want to play with, but they are playing. I don't know if they have money, but they might. So lets entertain the thought... of an alternate universe, like a zoo, where they can play, a little microcosm...

#22 MilitantMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

Why isn't their an equivalent to NHUA modes in CoD or other FPS games! :P

#23 canned wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • LocationFort Collins Colorado

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

So the implication here is that a NHUA player brings his NHUA mech onto a standard server and would be better because.... why? No heat sinks and one ton of ammo per weapon? Yeah, you'll go real far with that loadout.

Hell in MW3 how many er large lasers could you fit on a mech, or would PPC's give higher dps? It just becomes a game of managing weight and criticals as opposed to those plus heat and ammo. Sort of like training wheels, I guess you can use them after you know how to ride, but why in god's name would you?

Edited by canned wolf, 15 March 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#24 Dlardrageth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostTechnoviking, on 15 March 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

But the truth is on MW4 right now, the NHUA servers are the ones that are full. The Advanced stuff is too, at certain hours of the day, but the NHUA has people all the time.

There could be a perfectly valid reason for that. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who due to the various fallacies of MW4 and its inherently terribad balancing in multiplayer gave up on it rather quickly and threw it into a dark corner. Never to be touched again. Now in my layman's opinion (never bothered playing NHUA) those imbalances in the game can't be that much of an issue when you play NHUA anyway?

They're not people i want to play with, but they are playing. I don't know if they have money, but they might. So lets entertain the thought... of an alternate universe, like a zoo, where they can play, a little microcosm...

Well, if their majority shows the same attitude, aka "The best of the breed played NHUA", then they can happily play with their elitist ***** buddies in a cage behind bars for what I care, to pick up your "zoo analogy". They wouldn't want to associate with us substandard player types anyway, right? :P I think such an attitude is neither respectful nor helpful for the rest of the community. Might get some people actually the idea, that MWO might be better off without that/them.

#25 TheRulesLawyer

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

NHUA- barf. Best of the breed? LOL. More like worst of the munchkins.

#26 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

the problem with NHUA is that it completely unbalances the careful balancing that was done with regards to every single weapon. Hence it becomes an entirely different game meant only to ensure that everyone can finish the single player campaign. Since there's no single player in MWO, it would be sorely out of place.

#27 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

I seriously hope there is absolutely no NHUA mode, whats to stop people from modding their client into bleeding it over into regular game modes? NHUA ... can you imagine XP, C-bill reward game modes even being compatible with that?

#28 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

View PostManDaisy, on 15 March 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

I seriously hope there is absolutely no NHUA mode, whats to stop people from modding their client into bleeding it over into regular game modes? NHUA ... can you imagine XP, C-bill reward game modes even being compatible with that?

You mean what's to stop a player from hacking the game and cheating? I'm not sure. Word is, you just can't stop people from cheating. But if NHUA was provided, I would hope that for all non-hacked client play, XP/MXP/C-Bills would not be obtainable. It would be like in non-ranked play. If NHUA was not to be included, I hope that NHUA players will try and give HOLA a shot and see if it cuts mustard for them. I can only tell them "it might take getting used to, but after you get used to managing heat/ammo, it's really not that hard to do resource management."

I'm really hoping for the ability to reload ammo and optionally repair in game (at cost of C-Bills, of course) Would let you minimize after battle expenses if, say, it's 10% less expensive to refit in game than in the MechLab outside of battle.

#29 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

NHUA = N00b Head Up @_$_$

The worst game mode ever. Why bother playing? No limits=no fun

And no third person view, either! (I know that has hit the forums, but just wanted to stave that off ASAP)

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 15 March 2012 - 02:45 PM.

#30 Pht

• 2,299 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

There's already an NHUA mode being made for MWO.

LINK

*snerk snerk*

:ph34r:

#31 Lycan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

Wait . .

I'm confused. (No big shocker there but please, don't laugh too hard. :ph34r: )

NHUA . . . No Heat, Unlimited Ammo. Right?

If that's the case how could you consider people that use that "the best of the breed" when there's absolutely nothing involved with a game mode like that. No thinking, no tactics, nada . . just run in and hope you get to trigger your alpha strike before they do.

If you consider that the "best of the breed" . . . you have some issues.

#32 Jatan Galamoury

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostDlardrageth, on 15 March 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

Yes, they will. And being the nice, perfectly courteous gentleman... errr... MechWarrior that you are, you will tell them those are spawned nearby by using a key-combo in MWO. All they will have to do is press ALT+F4 and hold those keys down for 3 seconds. And that will result in the problem being solved... both for them and you. :ph34r:

You sir... WIN

#33 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

MA rides again in a new skin.

#34 Pht

• 2,299 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

There's a virtual successor to MA being made, those that love arcade-type gameplay to the point that they don't want to always play MWO can bash-em-up else where.

I don't see the need nor the benefit to the MW video game genre of having the NHUA setting in MWO.

#35 Belisarius1

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 15 March 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

I played me a good amount of NHUA, and enjoyed it; there was nothing wrong with it (though no XP/MXP/LP should be gained from any mode using it) However it was for times when I just wanted to blow things up.

The point I disagree with you on is that it breeds the best pilots. This simply isn't true, because the 2 defining factors of combat (heat and ammo levels) were what literally made the best of the best players. You had to customize your Mech to address these things rather than just piling on weapons and losing the unique characteristics each Mech brought.

I can't believe you actually bothered to refute him.

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 15 March 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

the problem with NHUA is that it completely unbalances the careful balancing that was done with regards to every single weapon.

Also this made me lol.

Edited by Belisarius†, 15 March 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#36 CW Grayson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:58 AM

I'm one of the hardliners when it comes to the "regular" MWO-gameflow, but what's bad about beeing having a NHUA-Server? Don't be racist here, if anyone wants to play it, why not? Of course, there should be no xp/credits given, but just for the fun of it. I'm going so far to say there should be even no repair costs, no mech- or weapon restrictions either.
It's easy, if you don't want it, don't play it.
Personally i never got fun from NHUA-games in MW3/4 because i like the tactical side of ammo/heat. Ok, i got no fun from MW4 at all, but that's another story. But anyone has his favourite pony, so let them play with.

View PostManDaisy, on 15 March 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

If anyone can do that, they can hack the game anyway, regardless of a NHUA mode.

Edited by CW Grayson, 28 March 2012 - 05:59 AM.

#37 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:54 AM

This topic gets more attention then it deserves.

#38 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

Thats because people are idly posting while waiting for the next announcement :blush:

#39 00dlez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostNik Van Rhijn, on 15 March 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

That aged me 10 years just at the thought (and I can't afford to lose years like that) - whats worse is what's going to happen as people who only played MA turn up as the game goes Beta. They'll be asking where the powerups are next.

WHERE ARE THE MECH HEALTH PACKS ON THIS LEVEL!?!?!

#40 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

I cannot wait to see what the Kill Streak Perks are for Light mechs!

Cheers.

Edited by Helmer, 28 March 2012 - 10:29 AM.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users