Will there be NHUA?

166 replies to this topic

#41 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

NHUA? Nope, I prefer HOLA (Heat on, limited ammo).

Or, should I say HULA?

Mhh... I doubt 'unlimmited heat' makes much sense...

#42 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 28 March 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

Killstreaks?! Mechs?! You sure you're not talkin' bout Hawken?

It makes sense if you read the post right above mine.

Damnit Aegis, if you have to explain a joke it isn't funny. :)

That being said.... none of my jokes are very funny anyways.

Cheers.

Edited by Helmer, 28 March 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#43 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

I reiterate - NHUA = Noob Head Up @ $ $

#44 Namwons

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 546 posts
  • LocationFactory, Solaris VII

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostTHOTHMW4, on 14 March 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

The best of the breed played NHUA

THOTH

HAHAHA.../deepbreath...HAHAHA

Edited by Namwons, 28 March 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#45 Nexus Trimean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCockpit of my Catapult!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

I support there being a separate place for NUHA play, After a long day at work, sometimes is nice to be able to come home and blow Mech's up and not have to worry about the mechanics of heat and ammo. That being said, it should not reward c-bills/XP in the same manner as Standard play.

Though i do support it being Ranked in its own bracket, Let the NUHA Players have there space to do there thing, when they are ready they can come play with those who Enjoy the Tactical Experience.

#46 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

If that's what people are into.

I'd prefer a wait and see approach. Although I am someone who wouldn't vote down something just because I don't prefer it, I would, non the less, be cautious about making too many different modifiers and game types.
If the community numbers in the millions and a vast number of gametypes can be supported , then so be it.

If the community is fragmented to the point that it's difficult to get games in the core gametypes, then it might prove to be an issue.

I doubt that will be a problem tho. As everyone's going to invite 100 of their friends to play, right?

#47 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

With so very, very many Mech games coming out in the near distant future, NHUAers will end up playing Hawken and Reign of Thunder, which really a good place for them to be. Why spend any effort on the dev part? Even though a "On/Off" switch isn't much effort, setting up rules and servers and stuff is. Why bother for a class of warrior who will probably be very happy in Hawken and RoT, and probably stay there, dropping by occasionally to FFP/HOLA?

Edited by Technoviking, 28 March 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#48 Namwons

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 546 posts
  • LocationFactory, Solaris VII

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

Sorry but NHUA is the farthest thing from sim u can get. No thanx

#49 Havoc2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

View PostExilyth, on 28 March 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

NHUA? Nope, I prefer HOLA (Heat on, limited ammo).

Or, should I say HULA?

Mhh... I doubt 'unlimmited heat' makes much sense...

Heat
Unimportant
Limitless
Ammo

There you go, HULA.

And yes, I'm not going to say "you suck" because all you play is NHUA (or HULA!!) but the game mode in itself dumbs down the game, removing some of the core parts that make the game challenging.

So to summerize, people who prefer HULA don't suck, they're just dumb. Is that more PC?

#50 Curon Hifor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMy Enforcer

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

2 cents: I say no to NHUA. I hope the developers do too.

Also, OP, successful troll.

#51 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

The replies are loltastic because they are for lack of a better word racist.
As if there is a world of difference between the modes.
Heres the difference.
To adjust from nhua to hola, go to mechlab, make mech that has enough ammo and heatsinks so that it suits your firing style. Enter battle.
Net result, a mech that probably has less firepower than your nhua rides but a mech nonetheless.
Thats it..
oh... watch your heat...

its not even as much a difference between manual and automatic transmission in a car.
Its more like drop 30 hp<thats horsepower not hp> and no ac< thats air conditioning> and roll down the windows.
all this gundam, and easy mode and OMG u cant be seriozxxx?? is just absolute nonsense...
A small newsflash...
the nhua crowd is essentially whats kept mw4 going for what5 to 7 years now.
Its also chock full of rabid pilots who LOVE mechwarrior.. because ........ hey... they play it. They will have absolutely no problem playing hola.

#52 Cik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

nope

#53 Phades

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostNik Van Rhijn, on 15 March 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

That aged me 10 years just at the thought (and I can't afford to lose years like that) - whats worse is what's going to happen as people who only played MA turn up as the game goes Beta. They'll be asking where the powerups are next.

You have just lost 10 years of your life. How do you feel? Now be honest, this is for posterity.

#54 SnowDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

View Postmekabuser, on 29 March 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

The replies are loltastic because they are for lack of a better word racist.
As if there is a world of difference between the modes.
Heres the difference.
To adjust from nhua to hola, go to mechlab, make mech that has enough ammo and heatsinks so that it suits your firing style. Enter battle.
Net result, a mech that probably has less firepower than your nhua rides but a mech nonetheless.
Thats it..
oh... watch your heat...

its not even as much a difference between manual and automatic transmission in a car.
Its more like drop 30 hp<thats horsepower not hp> and no ac< thats air conditioning> and roll down the windows.
all this gundam, and easy mode and OMG u cant be seriozxxx?? is just absolute nonsense...
A small newsflash...
the nhua crowd is essentially whats kept mw4 going for what5 to 7 years now.
Its also chock full of rabid pilots who LOVE mechwarrior.. because ........ hey... they play it. They will have absolutely no problem playing hola.

Excuse me for a moment while I laugh at your stupidity.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Haha.

Ha.

Get out. Clearly Mechwarrior was too much of a game for your tiny brain to handle. Go back to playing call of failure before you hurt yourself buddy.

Also, the race card, really? I don't know how many ways I can say that's moronic, so I'll stick with that.

#55 GDL Irishwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

Now, the MechAssault people will certainly be hilarious coming in... But imagine the CoD and Halo guys that go D00D, BIG-*** ROBOTS ARE AWESOME - I GOTTA PLAY THIS. And then come in and start whining about wanting regenerating health. And not being able to Mech-knife people in the feet to kill them. And not having sticky grenades. And the list goes on... The MechAssaults may have been arcadey and horrible examples of BattleTech-universe video games, but at least people who played them will be better off than the FPS guys

Edited by GDL Irishwarrior, 29 March 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#56 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:17 AM

There's nothing wrong with letting others enjoy some meching. Just means more salvage :D

#57 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:58 AM

NHUA is every thing thats wrong with gaming

in mw2 it was in there yes, but only in single player and the game even cursed you for using it
you would gain no rank and receive no score for any mission played from then with that pilot profile

yeah thats right back then games promoted the one way to play the game
none of this lets go around pleasing everyone bullshark

#58 Mautty the Bobcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

I think the best thing to do in this case, and which has been said multiple times before, is to create a non-ranked style match for NHUA games.

You don't earn XP, C-bills, ANYTHING, but you also don't have repair costs. This would be a game mode to blow off steam and blow stuff up plain and simple. I personally prefer to play HOLA myself and I had joined a MW4 league simply for the reason that I was tired of the NHUA games being the only ones that ever had populated pubs to play in.

#59 Requital

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

NHUA...yeah...I hated that.

MW4 was boring until I started playing heat, limited ammo, puretech, and taking mechs under 75 tons.

if they add NHUA I hope it is on a separate server.

#60 CW Grayson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

View PostNexus Trimean, on 28 March 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

I support there being a separate place for NUHA play, After a long day at work, sometimes is nice to be able to come home and blow Mech's up and not have to worry about the mechanics of heat and ammo. That being said, it should not reward c-bills/XP in the same manner as Standard play.

That's what i said.

View PostTechnoviking, on 28 March 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

With so very, very many Mech games coming out in the near distant future, NHUAers will end up playing Hawken and Reign of Thunder, which really a good place for them to be. Why spend any effort on the dev part? Even though a "On/Off" switch isn't much effort, setting up rules and servers and stuff is. Why bother for a class of warrior who will probably be very happy in Hawken and RoT, and probably stay there, dropping by occasionally to FFP/HOLA?

Because they want to play here. If the Devs decide to give them a place here, it couldn't be bad.

View PostNamwons, on 28 March 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

Sorry but NHUA is the farthest thing from sim u can get. No thanx

Then just don't play that server(s), simple as that.

View PostCik, on 29 March 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

nope

Uhm, that's just... dumb. Answer why and perhaps there will be a discussion. Otherwise i see you just try to rack your postcount.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users