29 replies to this topic

#1 Galaxy613

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 71 posts
  • LocationUSA, VA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

House Kurita is the most honorable of all the Inner Sphere Houses they rule over the galactic North East. We are made up of the most dedicated warriors the IS has ever known. However we are not without mercy, as we did recognize the independence people of the Rasalhague Republic without hesitation after their declaration.

Please review these relevant Draconis Combine links:
http://www.sarna.net...raconis_Combine
http://www.sarna.net...stered_Soldiery
http://www.sarna.net...ine_BattleMechs

#2 Johann Eddie Haderer

Rookie

• The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:14 AM

Yeah mercy after 400 years of occupation and the need to reduce the frontline to the Federated Commonwealth by 40%

:)

#3 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

A pity that we had some... interference... during the First Succession War (unleashed by the DC, ofcourse), otherwise the FedSuns would only be a footnote in history. Glory to Jinjiro Kurita and his infinite wisdom. No other house ever came as close to destroying another house like *we* did.

Edited by alizabeth aijou, 02 November 2011 - 11:53 AM.

#4 tyrranus

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationWest Central Florida

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

ohayou gozaimasu mina-san.

Much as I love the dragon, if we're supposed to be playing mercs....wont we have to be hunted by DCMS line regiments for the first half of the invasion thanks to the 'death to mercenaries' edict?

#5 Johann Eddie Haderer

Rookie

• The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:31 AM

Nope 'cause only the big Merc's were hunted by line regiments Kell Hounds and Wolf's Dragoons as prime targets.

During the war in 3039 the Gunji no Kanrei hired some Merc's to Raid FedCom worlds as a distraction.

Though to be stationed in the DC will not happen.

#6 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:07 AM

Reduce the line with Steiner by 40%, bah. We tired of ludafisk nori, honey-saki, and electric shamisen in folk metal songs about beer and punching things.

#7 Hitmansrc

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationBelford, NJ

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:09 PM

I can'y wait till this game comes out I'm looking for my MW so I can try ti install it. I played so many hours of it.

#8 T S Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationLuzerne

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

View PostJohann Eddie Haderer, on 03 November 2011 - 12:31 AM, said:

Nope 'cause only the big Merc's were hunted by line regiments Kell Hounds and Wolf's Dragoons as prime targets.

During the war in 3039 the Gunji no Kanrei hired some Merc's to Raid FedCom worlds as a distraction.

Though to be stationed in the DC will not happen.

Wolf's Dragoons were only hunted because of what that fool Samsonov tried to do because he misinterpreted what our beloved Dragon *** was proclaiming. His majesty wanted to keep the Dragoons but Samsonov wanted to humiliate and destroy them!

#9 Starkiller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:44 AM

View PostAlizabeth Aijou, on 02 November 2011 - 11:52 AM, said:

A pity that we had some... interference... during the First Succession War (unleashed by the DC, ofcourse), otherwise the FedSuns would only be a footnote in history. Glory to Jinjiro Kurita and his infinite wisdom. No other house ever came as close to destroying another house like *we* did.

Until the Fedcom annihilated Liao you mean?

#10 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationEast Stroudsburg, PA

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

View PostStarkiller, on 08 November 2011 - 08:44 AM, said:

I dont rember Fedcom anihillating Laio? Are you refering to Saint Ives?

#11 Starkiller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

Ahhh, Hawkcrest-chan but why would the FedCom want to attack its very own puppet state? Besides, St. Ives Compact was formed from the destruction of the Cappellan Confederation. Mayhaps a few more lessons in history before you profess to the masses your knowledge or lack thereof? History does not start in 3050 friend, this lesson takes place a generation sooner.

On 20 August 3028, Prince Hanse Davion and Archon-Desiginate Melissa Steiner were wed on Tera along with all the publically official signings of the Federated Commonwealth Document. This created the FedCom, albeit not in name until an heir was produced, and Prince Hanse Davions wedding toast to his bride "I give to you the Capellan Confederation" as simulatneously Davion troops crossed the border and assaulted 9 Capellan worlds. This signaled the beggining of the 4th Succession War and by its end, Davion had captured more than half of the Capellan Confederation worlds, including the world Capella, birth palce of the Confederation and the St. Ives Commonality which would become the St. Ives Compact with the Allards returning there to help govern the Compact.

It is ok Grasshopper, knowledge is something that increases with age and study!

#12 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationEast Stroudsburg, PA

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

View PostStarkiller, on 08 November 2011 - 04:45 PM, said:

Ahhh, Hawkcrest-chan but why would the FedCom want to attack its very own puppet state? Besides, St. Ives Compact was formed from the destruction of the Cappellan Confederation. Mayhaps a few more lessons in history before you profess to the masses your knowledge or lack thereof? History does not start in 3050 friend, this lesson takes place a generation sooner.

On 20 August 3028, Prince Hanse Davion and Archon-Desiginate Melissa Steiner were wed on Tera along with all the publically official signings of the Federated Commonwealth Document. This created the FedCom, albeit not in name until an heir was produced, and Prince Hanse Davions wedding toast to his bride "I give to you the Capellan Confederation" as simulatneously Davion troops crossed the border and assaulted 9 Capellan worlds. This signaled the beggining of the 4th Succession War and by its end, Davion had captured more than half of the Capellan Confederation worlds, including the world Capella, birth palce of the Confederation and the St. Ives Commonality which would become the St. Ives Compact with the Allards returning there to help govern the Compact.

It is ok Grasshopper, knowledge is something that increases with age and study!

Just because I dont care about House Davion or Capella dosent mean Im not educated on Battletech lore ;-)

#13 Starkiller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

Which is exactly the same reason that Theodore had to save House Kurita from his fathers lack of insight, without the feint Theodore made, House Kurita would have been burning long before the Clans landed.

#14 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:24 AM

You mean that tiny state between the FWL and the FedSuns?
It still exists.
And still does even in 3130.
The FWL, on the other hand...
Well, what FWL?

*We* had conquered nigh-half of the FedSuns by the time that Minoru Kurita was assassinated.

#15 Starkiller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:34 AM

You mean less than half, which is what the claim one of you snakes made was the most conquered which is not true. It was the most conquered by one state until Davion conquered *more* than half of the Capellan Confederation. I am also sure your stalwart allies will love how you *discount* their existance calling them "a little state" as if they are not worthy of notice or alliegance.

PS There IS no number 5.

Edited by Starkiller, 09 November 2011 - 07:34 AM.

#16 taxman

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationWirral Cheshire England

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:41 AM

Can we please stay in the current timeline, ie November 3048, it would be helpful to post historic events leading up to the Clan invasion.
~S~

#17 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:24 AM

View PostStarkiller, on 09 November 2011 - 07:34 AM, said:

You mean less than half, which is what the claim one of you snakes made was the most conquered which is not true. It was the most conquered by one state until Davion conquered *more* than half of the Capellan Confederation. I am also sure your stalwart allies will love how you *discount* their existance calling them "a little state" as if they are not worthy of notice or alliegance.

The CapCon never was a powerful state.
Especially not by the time of the 3rd succession war (which was when the FedSuns started to nibble at them).
We Dracs conquered almost half of the FedSuns during the first succession wars when tech was still abundant and armies didn't have to salvage every scrap of a 'Mech to maintain their armies Mad Max-style.

#18 Starkiller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:55 AM

Davion didn't openly attack until the 4th Succession war and it was large chunks at a time, not nibbles :) During the start of the First Succession War the majority of the Houses did not have the size of military forces of the Draconis Combine and most Houses had smaller armies at that time by far than what is currently fielded in 3049. Also, House Liao had just developed the Raven right before the start of the 4th Succession War, parts were becoming more readily available then they had in 100s of years. House Kurita launched attacks without any formal declaration of war first, at least House Davion had the courage to announce their attack to the face of their enemies.

I will leave it for you to describe how uncapable the Capellan Confederation is, but that really is no way to treat your longterm and trusted ally, I must say.

Edited by Starkiller, 09 November 2011 - 09:56 AM.

#19 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:03 AM

And I CERTAINLY don't remember it in any incarnation. We most definately allowed the Davions to over extend their supply lines and cause themselves no end of troubles with ComStar and other Houses though. Soon we shall harvest that which the Chancellor has sown.

#20 Starkiller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

Pssst share what you are smokin man, I need a good fantasy today!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users