Hero mech: All possible choices

51 replies to this topic

Poll: Hero Mech (299 member(s) have cast votes)

There can be only one (but you can choose more than one)

1. JR7-K Jenner Grace (20 votes [4.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.43%

2. JR7-K Jenner Samuli (25 votes [5.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.54%

3. Yen-Lo-Wang (69 votes [15.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.30%

4. HBK-4G Hunchback Shakir (31 votes [6.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.87%

5. DRG-2Y Dragon Yorioshi (36 votes [7.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.98%

6. Voted Catapult CPLT-C1 Jenny "Butterbee" (57 votes [12.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.64%

7. AS7-WGS Atlas Samsonov (52 votes [11.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.53%

8. AS7-D Atlas Danielle (61 votes [13.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.53%

9. Voted Something else entirely (100 votes [22.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostGroundpound, on 06 October 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

It will be the Jenner period so there will be 3 variants for non founder people.

By the time the game is able to support either of the two Jenner special variants, it will be able to support the Jenner-F and Raven-3L as well, so they'd already have their three variants.

That said, my vote is for either the Jenner Samuli or the Dragon Yorioshi. Both significantly diversify the hardpoints on the chassis; the Samuli carries a missile slot somewhere other than the CT allowing for bigger launchers, and the Yorioshi has an energy point in the CT of the Dragon (which normally only carries missile slots). Yen Lo Wang I could see working as well, if they found a way to compensate for the lack of melee; it'd effectively be an -AH but with lasers in the CT instead of the missiles.

#22 michaelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Will they be like premium tanks in WoT (more cbills per match but you can get them only with mc) ?

#23 GoGo Yubari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

We really don't know what they will be yet.

Also, this month is breast cancer awareness month. Think pink Highlander. It would be ridiculously fitting.

#24 Frantic Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

I'm thinking they will be kind of unique.

For example, CPLT Butterbee makes sense to me. A C1 with 2 missile slots in each arm AND 4 medium lasers would be nice. Hell, they could even get rid of the doors on that model to make it even more unique. Since getting rid of the doors would be the only way to make that variant really useful in it's stock config!

#25 Onyx Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

View PostVorkash, on 06 October 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

I got a feeling this might be right for two reasons.

The PG Gamer coverage of the highlander followed by complete silence about the highlander from PGI combined with them also having said they were saving an already finished mech for PR

Then we have the fact that the only way to get more than one variant of the highlander into the game during this time period (the other variants are extinct in the IS or only used by the ComGuard) will be with special "Hero" customisations of it. As obviously the current pilot xp system beyond basic would not work for the Highlander unless this is the case.

Where did they say they are saving an already finished mech for a later reveal? I heard/read the deal about saving a reveal for a special occasion but I don't remember anything about this mech already being finished and ready to be in game/playable at that point. Link please?

I'd love it if they did drop the Highlander in a month or so, already finished as some have suggested might possibly happen. Pink? Sure...why not. I'd pilot the hell out of that girly mech ;)

#26 BeetleatWar1977

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBavaria/Germany

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

I would prefer the Atlas -K3 Variant....... Jumpjets!

#27 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Samsonov's Atlas wouldn't really offer anything new, I can already have and AC plus to PPC in just about every variant there is.
Now Danielle's Atlas offering 3 energy hard points per arm seems nice. ;)

#28 Nufsed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationEssex United Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

Davis McCall's Highlander...Nothing else will do...............

#29 Nacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 661 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

Voted them all!

#30 Strykeforce

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

the hero mech could have ferro/endo steel as it's supposedly coming out the 16th of October, The same as endo steel and ferro fibrous armor.

Edited by Strykeforce, 09 October 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#31 Mania

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSW Misery

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Kudos to PG for the early Christmas like feeling of anticipation on this update, I for one am very excited to see what comes next. As for my vote on what the new Mech will be I'd say the pink Highlander seems to fit very well for this month. We know that color choices are coming for the mechs so this would be a great chance to showcase that, and like GoGo Yubari noted it is BCA month.. if the NFL players can dawn the pink so can my mech!

#32 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

Im willing to bet that whichever one we get, it will be an uncustomisable variant.

#33 Onyx Rain

• 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

View PostMania, on 09 October 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

Kudos to PG for the early Christmas like feeling of anticipation on this update, I for one am very excited to see what comes next. As for my vote on what the new Mech will be I'd say the pink Highlander seems to fit very well for this month. We know that color choices are coming for the mechs so this would be a great chance to showcase that, and like GoGo Yubari noted it is BCA month.. if the NFL players can dawn the pink so can my mech!

Kudos to them for getting us most of the stuff we were supposed to get last week, and it overall being a decent patch. Not so much a christmas kinda feeling here though. More like...

oh good I got what I was promised...finally. Well most of it...but hey i got a lil extra stuff I wasn't promised so that kinda makes up for it a little bit...kinda feeling ;)

Edited by Onyx Rain, 09 October 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#34 Hyzoran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCohoes, NY

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Timberwolf MK II

#35 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

The hero mech is the yenlowang.

It's in the data files since last week.

#36 PinkyAndTheBrain

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a hero mech?

#37 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

Basically it's a special mech variant that has some different hard points and a funky paint scheme.

#38 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

A bit old but better than starting a new one. Since we already got the YLW we can work on a few others that are still on this list. I'd personally like the Dragon (energy variant) and the Atlas with 3 energy points on each arm. Don't charge me too much for it, PGI! :)

If the OP is still around, we can add one more to the list now! It's a Phract with built-in DHS. :)

CTF-2X Cataphract George - Taking a 2X variant Cataphract salvaged after the 7th Crucis Lancers capture of Tikonov to replace his aging Warhammer, in the lead-up to the War of 3039 Fox's Teeth member George Lytton's Lucky Thirteen was outfitted with an experimental NAIS Mk. III ER Large Laser prototype to replace the standard model and corrosive coolant Double Heat Sinks. BV (2.0) = 1,367

#39 Doc Holliday

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 377 posts
  • Locationplaying some other game that's NOT PAY TO WIN

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Well this certainly explains why the YLW sucks so bad. It's supposed to have a melee weapon, which given it's above-average speed would have been pretty useful. Instead it doesn't have that and has nothing else to make up for it either, and as a result is just garbage and a complete waste of the MC.

#40 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Jeez they are all terrible and not just because of their designs: most of them have more or less identical slot types when compared to the stock versions. Bleh. At least the YLW has the disadvantage of being missing two weapon slots to compensate for the advantages... most of these would just make things ptw...

Now this, on the other hand...

pure win.

Edited by Sephlock, 11 November 2012 - 12:18 AM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users